The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Starved of success ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Starved of success ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Starved of success ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Starved of success ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Starved of success ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Starved of success ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Starved of success ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Starved of success ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Starved of success ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Starved of success ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Starved of success !

Starved of success ! Empty Starved of success !

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:40

Honestly chaps and all. reading the conflabs involving baz, ion and tress, while arnie puts forth his views too !
    I can only conclude that as spurs fans we want the best for the team ! our opinions are born from many years of underachieving, while 2 carling cup wins are something i suppose, they are a scant reminder of past successes, they dont really satisfy the appetite of a spurs follower that has been fed on so much success in the past, european and domestic.

Whats the point in arguing ? debating and scrutinising every word someone posts on here, because it wont return those great days from the 60s,70s and 80s.

We can blame past managers but it isnt that at all, its the lack of insight of chairmen like scholar and sugar, sugar rescued spurs but chose managers like gross and graham, graham wasnt given the time and poor christian was ! well ! thrown to the lions.

Then we had hoddle! a great player but manager of spurs ? very doubtful from the start even though we gushed blood wanting so much from him.
    Jacques santini i thought would have been good but yet again the chairmen fck it up by having too many chefs in the kitchen.............Santini, jol and pleat..........crazy .
    Big martin ! well he wasnt given the full credit he deserved, he opened that final fatal season with most of his defenders out, ffsake.........and a prat like berbatov singing his own tune because he thought he was bigger than the club that gave him his chance ! worse than judas in some ways imo.

And so the grass was greener flamenco style ! yes ramos fandogoed his way to many a spurs giveaway lotto prize, didnt dance the english language, didnt talk to the players, left it to old spur poyet, and paid the price, so did we at spurs in the final pay off, ramos can now buy any villa in spain and watch spurs on espn.........as long as the commentary is in spanish.

Ok now lets get it straight ! i thought harrys appointment by levy a cop out ! it wasnt, its the best thing to happen to us in many a decade.............why ? because harry is a top class manager, he is the players friend, he looks for bargains and gets them, he says daniel is his friend, he is the nearest thing we have to what bill nic was, a no nonsense manager ! dont let the hand on the shoulder player ( i am your mate ) attitude fool you , harry is an adept coach and man manager.

All he needs now is the belief of the fans........ and all the fans need is patience,,,,,,,,,,,,, what have we got to lose..............only another decade of big spending and under achieving if we hound harry out.

Support your local manager...........you know it makes sense.

Starved of success ! Empty Re: Starved of success !

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:46

starved of success, try being an arsenal fan.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:54

burger777 wrote:starved of success, try being an arsenal fan.

I'd rather eat my own testicles . . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 06 2010, 06:00

I would rather eat anyone's testicles, even a Kangaroo's on I'm a Celeb Starved of success ! Lol

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 07:13

Not in a million years Bergoon!!!!!!

BETTER DEAD THAN RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crest

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 07:34

An office manager who supports Arsenal arrives at his department and sees a Spurs fan sitting behind a desk, totally stressed out. He also used
    to have a stress problem, so he gave him the following advice to the Tottenham man: "I went home every afternoon for
    two weeks and had myself pampered and sexually satisfied by my wife. It was fantastic and it really helped. You should
    try it too, you'll feel like a new man!".
    Two weeks later the Gooner arrives at his department he sees the Spurs fan happy and full of energy at his desk. The
    faxes are piling up and the computer is running at full speed.
    "I see you followed my advice?".
    "I did", answers the employee, "It was great! By the way I didn't know you had such a lovely house !".
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Mar 06 2010, 07:54

Good post Lew ............ and great point about Sugar.. Leaving his buisness acumen aside, his choice of football managers left alot to be desired.. George Graham needed more time ? Levy sacked him , well done Levy .....I recently watched a Spurs game under Graham, away to the Hammers on ESPN classics , we lost 4-3 ...100% commitment from our players but we couldnt string 5 passes together, it were awful .....
    Gross doing okay nowadays thou , he's in the champions league and we aint lol

I think the last three games over 8 days has been a pivitol point .... Had Harry insisted on Crouch and we were unable to defeat two very poor teams and a rising team, then things may have turned against Harry ...

Harry introducing Pav and with him scoring too , whether his hand was forced or he was astute in his timing of it all, who knows but it's all been great for Harry ...
    No one's gonna hound Harry out , I cant see it happening in the forseeable.. I'm sure Levy will stick with him .. I think some of the Harry diehards are worrying about nothing ...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 19:49

ArnieArdiles wrote:Good post Lew ............ and great point about Sugar.. Leaving his buisness acumen aside, his choice of football managers left alot to be desired.. George Graham needed more time ? Levy sacked him , well done Levy .....I recently watched a Spurs game under Graham, away to the Hammers on ESPN classics , we lost 4-3 ...100% commitment from our players but we couldnt string 5 passes together, it were awful .....
    Gross doing okay nowadays thou , he's in the champions league and we aint lol

I think the last three games over 8 days has been a pivitol point .... Had Harry insisted on Crouch and we were unable to defeat two very poor teams and a rising team, then things may have turned against Harry ...

Harry introducing Pav and with him scoring too , whether his hand was forced or he was astute in his timing of it all, who knows but it's all been great for Harry ...
    No one's gonna hound Harry out , I cant see it happening in the forseeable.. I'm sure Levy will stick with him .. I think some of the Harry diehards are worrying about nothing ...

Couple of things here arnie is that graham was a successful manager, and i think thats why sugar got him at spurs in the first place, not many took to him, also his building from the back first wasnt the tottenham way of doing things, but worst of all, that he was an ex gooner.
    If we cast that mantle to one side and had accepted him as we have harry (ex spammer) then i think he could have gone on to some success as a spurs boss, remember he did win the carling cup in his first term for us, though i must admit grahams teams were very boring, grinding out 1-0 wins.

Just to clarify another point about hounding harry out, as you say no one is hounding him at the moment, its when results go wrong that a collective pattern emerges with our managers, we just instantly lose faith in them, and then we have some for and some against (jolers and hunters, ) dont just think they are confined to the forum arnie, these types are everywhere ! Starved of success ! Lol in this case it might be redknappers and hunters ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 06 2010, 23:08

Wasn't Graham the manager when we last beat the goons in the Prem? I never had a problem with Graham as Spurs manager, after all as you say Lew Arry is ex Spam and so I understand an Arsenal fan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 04:00