The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Stoke game... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Stoke game... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Stoke game... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Stoke game... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Stoke game... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Stoke game... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Stoke game... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Stoke game... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Stoke game... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Stoke game... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Stoke game...

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Stoke game... Empty Stoke game...

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Mar 16 2010, 18:24

... i think lessons will have been learned from the home game with Stoke earlier in the season and we will win this 1, their a hard team to break down at home but i think we will take this. Oh and play Crouchie centre half to defen those throw ins. LOL
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Stoke game... Empty Re: Stoke game...

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 16 2010, 18:28

i just started a Stoke thread too Ropes but we can write on this one instead lol ....

Think Crouch may get a start in this one ....Then Pav later to come on ....Or maybe have Defoe as sub ....we shall soon see ... Im thinking we gotta be looking to win this....
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Mar 16 2010, 18:29

I believe we will win it. COYS
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 16 2010, 18:31

HotspurRoper wrote:I believe we will win it. COYS

Me too ..... a shut out too hopefully .............0-2 ......COYS!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:24

I think it will be a tough game myself and we must find a way of stopping the Delap missile.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:46

I think Crouch will get the nod ahead of Jermaiman in this one. 'arry will want losts of beanpoles to deal with Stokes aerial threat. As long as we don't get drawn into matching Stokes style of play and stick to our passing game we should have enough to take the points. All 'arry has to do is ask the team if they wany Wolves & Stoke doing the double over us . . . . .
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:19

whats the rule on standing in front of delap when he takes the throw ins?? is it the same distance as free kicks, crouch in front of him with dawson on his shoulders, just a idea?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:21

i think its 2 yards wobb, but he can take the throw 2 yards behind the line so he can still hit the area from there, delap had 16 throw ins against villa and they scored 0, nowt to worry about yids, i would worry more about there open play
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:27

wobberler wrote:whats the rule on standing in front of delap when he takes the throw ins?? is it the same distance as free kicks, crouch in front of him with dawson on his shoulders, just a idea?

Stoke game... Lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 18 2010, 22:45

wobberler wrote:whats the rule on standing in front of delap when he takes the throw ins?? is it the same distance as free kicks, crouch in front of him with dawson on his shoulders, just a idea?

Stoke game... Lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 18 2010, 22:53

Was yesterday chatting to a yiddo about the Stoke pitch being narrow for them to gain an advantage with the Delap throws so I thought i'd check up on the pitch dimensions ... Suprised to see , Stoke City's pitch is 116 x 72 yards , whilst our WHL pitch is 110 x 73 yards .....

Anyway we got Gareth Bale who can sling a longen too, be sweet or what if we score a winner from a long throw-in ourselves ...coys !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 19 2010, 21:02

I'm thinking this might this be the game to try the 4-5-1, what do you guys think?

Modric Wilson
    Niko Eidur Bale

Defoe or Pav

Stoke without possesion often means they're set up with most of their team behind the ball ... If Modric is searching the ball from our defenders and Wilson , he will have options ahead of him in Niko , Eidur and Bale, who all have the ability to create against a defensive unit....

I feel we have to be patient with our possesion but keep it moving quick, not play the long ball game and hopefully we can run their legs off ...I think the way to beat them is to grind them down with good possesion... Three of their four home defeats this season has been against passing teams i.e. ManU, Chavs and Goons and recently Man City gave them a around, only to come away with just a point when deserving more . Its most likely Harry will start with a 4-4-2 with, Defoe upfront and Pav or Crouch in support but today I got time on my hands and thought of 4-5-1 Stoke game... Lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Mar 20 2010, 07:34

Defoe is out with a hamstring injury Stoke game... Icon_mad
    Think we outta be looking at our warming up methods ...
    Get Keane back ? Nah .....time for Crouch and Eidur to step up to the plate ..COYS !
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Mar 20 2010, 10:22

I wouldnt drop Pav, doesnt make sense, the guy cant stop scoring. Pav and Crouch or Gudjohnsen up front for me, we gotta give it our all, a must win game.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20 2010, 10:48

i would like us to try 5 man midfeild at some point. i would also like to see gudjohnson given some game time
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Mar 20 2010, 18:17

Tottenham will face Stoke without top scorer Jermain Defoe.

The Spurs striker has picked up a hamstring injury and is expected to be out for around 3 weeks.

Defoe joins Ledley King (thigh), Jermaine Jenas (groin), Aaron Lennon (groin), David Bentley (groin/virus) on the sidelines, while Danny Rose (knee) and Kyle Walker (arm) are also out.

Defender Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini (wrist/pelvis) are long-term absentees.

Teams:

Stoke (from): Sorensen, Wilkinson, Abdoulaye Faye, Huth, Shawcross, Collins, Whitehead, Lawrence, Pugh, Whelan, Tuncay, Delap, Etherington, Sidibe, Fuller, Kitson, Higginbotham, Begovic, Davies, Moult.

Tottenham (from): Gomes, Alnwick, Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar, Modric, Palacios, Bale, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch, Gudjohnsen, Kaboul, Livermore, Dervite, Parrett, Fredericks, Townsend, Kane.

For me , it's Gudjohnsen to replace the injured Defoe ... We can do this without Defoe, with passing football... Will be dissapointed if we go back to hoof football ...Be playing into Stokes hands if we do ...COYS!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 23:08