The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Best Poster. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Best Poster. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Best Poster. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Best Poster. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Best Poster. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Best Poster. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Best Poster. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Best Poster. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Best Poster. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Best Poster. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
spurslegend
cstmrsking
DJSR
BazSpur
8 posters

Best Poster.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Best Poster. Empty Best Poster.

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 03:32

I thought it might be nice to have a competition for the best poster. No prizes just the Kudos that comes with winning. Not worked out the voting yet, what I mean is whether to have it private in the form of PMs to myself or to put the votes on the main forum. What do you all think?
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Best Poster. Empty Re: Best Poster.

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 17 2010, 03:36

The best way i reckon, would be to setup a Poll mate.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 04:13

Would mean a lot of names though DJ unless you are thinking along different lines to me. The other thing that crossed my mind is that some posters may not want others to see who they voted for. I suppose at the end of season we could put up a sticky and just let people put their choice in the sticky. If posters voted by doing a reply each time then that would stop any thoughts of double voting. Can we have some feedback chaps.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 04:51

i like the idea, not sure of the best way to do it tho, imo 2 posters stand out from the rest, but i will wait till the poll to name them.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:08

Yeah, I have two in mind as well.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:10

Look i thimk it only fair that, i opt out of the comp, it wouldn't be fair. lol

Baz it a nice thought, but there are a lot of good posters on here, it not about the one who comes out as the best poster, but would hate for a shock result with a major contributor getting, low votes, with someone harbouring any bad feelings.

I just think that people know who are good posters. My Favourit poster is the one of the girl on the Tennis court scratching her a*se.

i.e. A, shock result with Burger, being voted 1st for example. lol
    (Burger i know you are a major contributor to this forum)
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:13

Whoever got voted would deserve it. Its just a bit of fun, there are no prizes. Maybe a poll on whether we should go ahead with it first then.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:15

Im all for Democracy.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:34

lol i think u have no worries of me winning king,

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:42

Baz how about you give a list of choices. E.G - Most informative, funniest, Irritating, wierdest etc then people can list a name next to the choice and all someone has to do is total the votes and presto squeezeo you have a list of worthy winners at the end of season awards ceremony lol . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:04

I think baz....that its a personal choice, the poster that i think is nearest my own views would be my choice, and my choice might shock a few........... you get some on here that think they are the bole-acks, and they disagree with what you say because you are some sort of threat to them. ? or rather their rating and kudos on here and from the old aol board.

I rate posters on what is factual, what is reflective and what comes from their heart as a spurs fan............i cant say anymore , but there are some great posters on here, ion comes to mind because he is a true fan, jim comes to mind, so actually does legs, vis and yourself, its a great board but i would choose that poster nearest my own views, and i hope everyone else would do the same.....that is pick the poster nearest their own views.

Sorry its cryptic baz but yeah ok by me ! do a best poster poll
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:10

VisionarySound wrote:Baz how about you give a list of choices. E.G - Most informative, funniest, Irritating, wierdest etc then people can list a name next to the choice and all someone has to do is total the votes and presto squeezeo you have a list of worthy winners at the end of season awards ceremony lol . . . .

Thats not a bad idea Vis.We could do it in the same format as Jim's predictions. As long as posters don't mind other posters seeing who they voted for thats fine by me.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:12

vote me or die hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:48

I will give you my vote mr spursbod for the best avitar!!!!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 17 2010, 06:53

Now there is a good category lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Mar 18 2010, 03:17

biggest cnut = burger
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 18 2010, 03:28

Now, now Dave.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Mar 18 2010, 04:51

sorry baz lol but its true mate lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18 2010, 09:24

Burgs is alright Dave. A goner yes, a wind-up merchant deffo. But certainly entertaining ? Oh yeah . . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Mar 18 2010, 22:46

bet it ends in an argument . all over the board.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 18 2010, 23:08

lewspurs wrote:I think baz....that its a personal choice, the poster that i think is nearest my own views would be my choice, and my choice might shock a few........... you get some on here that think they are the bole-acks, and they disagree with what you say because you are some sort of threat to them. ? or rather their rating and kudos on here and from the old aol board.

I rate posters on what is factual, what is reflective and what comes from their heart as a spurs fan............i cant say anymore , but there are some great posters on here, ion comes to mind because he is a true fan, jim comes to mind, so actually does legs, vis and yourself, its a great board but i would choose that poster nearest my own views, and i hope everyone else would do the same.....that is pick the poster nearest their own views.

Posters thinking they're the Boleacks? Disagree with you because they see you as a threat to them ? lol
    Come on, Lew fess up .... Bitcheness loaded with unanswered questions , dont you just love it lol
    Who are these ex AOL members that cause you this great angst ?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 04:47

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]
    lewspurs wrote:I think baz....that its a personal choice, the poster that i think is nearest my own views would be my choice, and my choice might shock a few........... you get some on here that think they are the bole-acks, and they disagree with what you say because you are some sort of threat to them. ? or rather their rating and kudos on here and from the old aol board.

Posters thinking they're the Boleacks? read some past threads involving me and others arnie...............Disagree with you because they see you as a threat to them ? lol............only a threat because of popularity, read the back posts mate..........being a top dog on here doesnt bother me, it does others,,,,,,,,,,,,, i just like the banter and spurs chat, with a few wind ups thrown in !
    Come on, Lew fess up .... Bitcheness loaded with unanswered questions , dont you just love it lol........not my style arnie, bitchiness is for bitches,,,,,,,,,,,,factual is for me.
    Who are these ex AOL members that cause you this great angst ?............only they know arnie ! the evidence is there to see if you go back far enough.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 12:13

MAXIMUS wrote:I will give you my vote mr spursbod for the best avitar!!!!!!
    cheers max haha
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 19 2010, 20:10

Arnie
    Lew

Posters thinking they're the Boleacks? read some past threads involving me and others arnie...............Disagree with you because they see you as a threat to them ? lol............only a threat because of popularity, read the back posts mate..........being a top dog on here doesnt bother me, it does others,,,,,,,,,,,,, i just like the banter and spurs chat, with a few wind ups thrown in !
    Come on, Lew fess up .... Bitcheness loaded with unanswered questions , dont you just love it lol........not my style arnie, bitchiness is for bitches,,,,,,,,,,,,factual is for me.
    Who are these ex AOL members that cause you this great angst ?............only they know arnie ! the evidence is there to see if you go back far enough.

Okay Lew , no worries mate .... Its just Ive not seen it on here apart from the odd skirmish here and there ....
    When the old AOL board closed down I briefly drifted away to a few other forums such as the Beeb606, Vital Spurs which was quite new at the time and I popped over to Glory Glory which at times resembled a war zone .... On all of them there were ongoing feuds ..How some people can get personal because they differ on the choice of our right-back is beyond me ....

Anyway like I said, Ive not seen it here, in the main a good crowd here and credit for this must go to those who run the site too ...

And for you cynics out there, I'm not electioneering for this best poster thing Best Poster. Icon_rolleyes In fact, if you look at the poll result 7 in favour 2 against ( how thats an endorsement is anyones guess lol) I'm one of the two that voted no ...Victor Medrew or what Best Poster. Icon_evil lol

To the Yiddo that voted NO in the Best Poster Poll , I just want to tell him/her that I were the other Yid that voted with you and that I, ArnieArdilesMarcusMaximusLevitcus salute you my fellow Yiddo ! Best Poster. Icon_lol

HotSpur770
    HotSpur770
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by HotSpur770 Fri Mar 19 2010, 21:21

I bags get the most irritating award Best Poster. Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 04:09