The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur Empty It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:05

So we sit here gutted yet again after another FA Cup semi-final defeat... I've lost count now how many semis I've seen us lose over the years ..... A cup run gets us all up dreaming of a sunny day in May, where our club is showered in glory and everybody has memories of that day forever etched in their thoughts ... However this season I didnt want it , in fact this season after the start in our premeirship campaign , I were hoping for a Martin Jol like exit from the domestic cups ( first round exits) so that we could concentrate on what for me has always been the priority, the league and that 4th spot . I just could see it , see that the FA Cup this year would end up proving to be a hindrance rather than a tale of glory...

Had we not been involved today , we wouldnt have had to put up with the treacherous O'Hara in the ITV studio rooting for the club he's on loan at rather than for the club he's contracted too... Has this situation ever happened before ? Of course not, it can only happen to us, you couldnt make it up ! If there is a clause in the loan deal where we can recall, O'Hara, we should do it and do it now ...

Had we not been involved today we couldve been playing the Goons yesterday , just days after Barca had destroyed them but oh no , we have to be involved in a stamina sapping game on a Wembley skating rink arena , not for 90 mins but 120 !
    A perfectly good goal dissallowed , just ask David James, Mr Wiley and chance after chance squandered too .... With minutes of the game to run, I tried to draw on any positives from the debris of this hard to take enivitible defeat and I found one, miniscule as it is but for us, I felt important one . Wilson had not been booked! .......OOOOh and just as I were thinking it , Pompey broke away as we desperately searched for an equaliser .... Who's that running back doing his best to stop a second goal , please let it not be Wilson .. Ah it is Wilson , but great tackle by the Sergeant ! Now get it upfield for one last attempt on their charmed goal ... Ops silly me I forgot, its Mr Wiley in charge and his pointing to the penalty spot and he's also getting the yellow card out ! All those games avoiding a card and with minutes to go, the Footballing Gods are having yet another laugh at the expense of our beloved Spurs! Wilson will now miss the games against the Goons and the Chavs ...Any positives we could've had playing the Goons yesterday instead of Wednesday all thrown away and once the final whistle had blown I quickly flicked over to Sky Sports One to see that Man City had won 5-1 , a team who seem to know how to put the ball into the net ... Oh that damned FA Cup

All that remains, is for Spurs to be like Spartan warriors in the remaining premeirship games, hopefuly have Lennon back and a little luck on our side too if we're going to nick that 4th spot....
    It's time for us all to go and prey to the Footballing Gods as surely today, they will have thought we have been punished more than enough and it's time for some other teams fans to suffer ..

COYS!!!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur Empty Re: It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur

Post by shearspur Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:14

nice post arnie, probably sums up exactly how most of us feel tonight,but for me i love a good cup run like we had, 4th place would have been great yeah but its not the be all and end all for me. sorry to sound negative but i just dont think we are up to that standard yet and i think 4ths gone now mate.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur Empty Re: It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:20

Im gutted to lose a semi as much as another Yid, Shear but I had a feeling it was gonna end something like this and it has too ....Cant give up on the league just yet, not while the mathmatics are still there ...

Beat the Goons on Wednesday and this will all be forgotton ...coys !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:20

Great post Arnie have a rep point but I agree with Shear. That 4th spot has probably gone now.A rep point for you too Shear.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:38

the refs are useless. the ref bottling given villa a pen yesterday then not sendin off terry. then again in the carling cup final. these refs are scared of fergie wenger and co. thats why i like the eropean refs. man u losen last wedn at home and they only got 3mins, would of been 5 if it was a prem ref
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:39

Cant be negative with the Goon game on the horizon , Baz ...Thats not the Spurs way ..

Champions League here we come ! It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur Icon_cheers

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:02

Good post Arnie and I love the bit about the Spartans. Step forward ye 300 against the hoardes ! As you say just one of those days for the rambling Spurs fan. Still been a great season so far and still loads to play for yet. COYS . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:45

The stats show that the game was our's to be won. Fair play to Pompey . . . . . . . .
    Possession

• Tottenham 57%
    • Portsmouth 43%

Attempts on target

• Tottenham 16
    • Portsmouth 7

Attempts off target

• Tottenham 15
    • Portsmouth 5

Corners

• Tottenham 20
    • Portsmouth 7

Fouls

• Tottenham 17
    • Portsmouth 16
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:49

thats it now , im opening another stella thats just rubbing salt in the wounds lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:50

at least we fouled em once more than they got us.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 12 2010, 09:05

I threw the Spartan bit in as the odds on us getting that 4th spot are now firmly stacked up against us Vis ...But then sometimes it's better to be the underdog as we all know to well after today !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 12 2010, 09:11

shearspur wrote:at least we fouled em once more than they got us.

Lol Shear .....

What about the corner count .....20 corners and we cant score from one ...Im never confident that we're gonna score from a corner... Kranjcar and Bentleys corners always seem to be floaters to the far post ...... Did anyone see Taraabt whip a corner in yesterday for QPR's second goal against Palace , now that was a proper corner .... If we had Adel on the wing we would've this game for sure ... Over to you Loughtan It Can Only happen To Tottenham Hotspur Lol

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 09:13

Oh Jeez Arnie you've opened the floodgates now lol. Spartans stand strong and defend the pass . . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12 2010, 09:32

now your talken arnie. all bentley does is run 5yards pretends to cross. does an obiviosu trick then runs another 5 yards and floats the bal in. ask any sstriker the best crosses are the 1ns hit in with pace, makes it so much easyer 2 score from them ones. bentley just to slow to be a winger.
    as for adel it would of been nice havin him on today as we rely to much on bale pace, imagine adel trickery aganst rocha.
    another thing is i think our players are somtimes too greedy. wana be the here. i felt that with pav today. and im always seeing that wiv jermain i cantscoreaganstbigteams defoe
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 12 2010, 09:43

Yep , agree with you Lougthan , Bentley is so frustrating .....Adel or Bentley for me is a no brainer .....

Right I'm outta here ....Leave you all and Lew too of course, with deserved rep points for being here at this time of night on such a grim day .....catch you all laters ..coys !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 03:21