The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Champions leauge.... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Champions leauge.... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Champions leauge.... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Champions leauge.... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Champions leauge.... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Champions leauge.... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Champions leauge.... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Champions leauge.... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Champions leauge.... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Champions leauge.... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Champions leauge....

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Champions leauge.... Empty Champions leauge....

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Apr 26 2010, 08:46

Not for 1 moment am i thinking its already ours"But, If" we do manage to hold on to that 4th spot, how many of you's guys think we could be out of our depth???? Personally im not sure as we have never been there before so i carnt make a judgement its just something i was thinking about today. even if we dont get to far in the competition its a stepping stone, you have to start somewhere! Aparently the Champs Leauge money is astronomical now and every player wants to play in the competition so who knows who we could bring in!

Champions leauge.... Empty Re: Champions leauge....

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26 2010, 08:53

Next season Mikey D will be holding the trophy aloft Lee ! ! ! In my dreams lol . . . . .
    Pavlar
    Pavlar
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by Pavlar Mon Apr 26 2010, 09:29

Lyon vs Munich was a dire game for a semi final if we do get 4th i think last 16 is achievable i would like to say all they way but this is depending on who we bring in.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Apr 26 2010, 13:35

It depends a lot on luck eg who do we pick out in the first rounds and then who we pick up in the group stages but yes we could find it hard, but we might also get a dream run, and we should be a stronger team next year than this year.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26 2010, 17:03

Ropes i agree that the team isnt really strong enough to go far in the competition, but the plus,s might be that we will attract better players to whl in the summer.
    It will be bad for all concerned if city get 4th because anyone any good will have the the added attraction of playing in the cl with them as well as ott wages.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 02:44

get to the group stage and then get a good group then we will be fine. theres not as many power teams as there used to be

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 03:05

I hear that £45 million is the going rate for getting through the first round to the knockouts.
    If you get fourth spot, will you consider that you have reached CL? I ask as we have been ribbed before of 'only' having reached the right to try and qualify.
    I'm sure you'll remember Everton Champions leauge.... Icon_smile
    But seriously, it's no joke. We got Celtic last year in CLQ, a nasty banana skin away under normal not meltony mowberry circumstances Champions leauge.... Icon_biggrin
    I'd also have a punt that you won't have any sort of seeding attached, so maybe Real & Roma could be in your group for instance. Still, thats better than games against WHO & WHO surely!? Champions leauge.... Icon_biggrin

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 06:30

We have a good enough squad to challenge Europe but history shows that it takes time to adapt to the boring style of play that dominates the early rounds of the Chumps League. If we qualify I think we are good enough to make the last 16. But then we need to keep challenging for top 4 in the Premier. Lovely posistion to be in . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:21