The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Rumour EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Rumour EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Rumour EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Rumour EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Rumour EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Rumour EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Rumour EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Rumour EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Rumour EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Rumour Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Rumour

Rumour Empty Rumour

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 23:32

Small piece in todays Telegraph that Spurs maybe offering Gareth Bale an improved contract of £50K per week to see off intrest from other clubs . . . . . .

Rumour Empty Re: Rumour

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27 2010, 23:39

hope they do. bale lennon gomez daws defoe pav modric should not be sold

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28 2010, 00:28

Spurs in Bale contract talks shock...
    Littered across the media this morning is talk that Spurs are to offer Gareth Bale a new contract. Well surprise, surprise...

To be fair to Tottenham, the club have hardly been reluctant to reward players for good performances and of course Gareth has been outstanding since returning to the side, so should this be a shock?

I have imagined the tooing and frowing between club and agent for the last four months, with Daniel Levy initially offering a longer term deal on pretty much the same terms, only for a man of the match performance and a few headlines bringing a declining of the offer and this continuing as Bale`s performance and national status increases game on game. Perhaps after Saturdays performance at Old Trafford, they have now reached a sensible balance?

If we believe the reports, Bale will be offered the standard five year deal and double his meagre 25 grand a week to a more acceptable 50 grand, which I assume every Spurs fan will think is great value for the new darling of N17.

Personally I feel signing a new deal is the right decision for Gareth and to ignore potential moves to the United's or worse the Juve's or Inter's are moves too early in his career. If Spurs match his ambitions and gain CL football in the next couple of seasons, he gets to continue his football education and play a very high standard of football, but will still be in his mid twenties when the deal expires and probably at a better stage to assess his next move, whether with Spurs or elsewhere.

If of course we as a club fail to reach the elite, and Bale is still excelling, I don`t think a single Spurs fan could begrudge him a move after then as he would have given us the time and performance and would deserve to play at the highest possible level...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7504300#ixzz0mJ5L9UzB
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Apr 28 2010, 03:17

I agree Lought, these players are the back bone of the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 00:47