The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Berbatov / Tevez. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Berbatov / Tevez. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Berbatov / Tevez.

Berbatov / Tevez. Empty Berbatov / Tevez.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30 2010, 14:17

I think tevez has been in great form since leaving man utd for their neighbours, but what puzzles me is how badly man utd chased berbatov when in tevez they had a great little player.

Ok ! i know this is all old news now but why the hell we didnt make tevez part of the berbatov deal when he went behind our backs and met up with ferguson is beyond me ? they were in the wrong and it was obvious tevez wasnt going to stay at man utd once berbatov was signed.

I remember bringing up the potential of making tevez part of the berbatov deal but someone on here said he would never sign for us, his wages would be too much etc etc............i believe that if we think like that then we may as well give up on ever catching up with the so called big four, we may as well give up any illusions of playing in the CL etc etc if we think one player is too big for us.

Tevez could have been a spurs player this season , had levy got his thinking cap on at the time it was all happening with berbatov, and i would suggest that if we have to lose our better players to the man uniteds then we use it as a bargaining tool for one of their players.

What would tottenham have achieved with tevez in the team this season.......? i think he is one of those that got away.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Berbatov / Tevez. Empty Re: Berbatov / Tevez.

Post by BazSpur Fri Apr 30 2010, 18:19

Isn't the problem our wages ceiling though Lew. We won't pay over a certain amount. I don't know how much Man city pay Teves but you can bet your life its more than we could offer him. That is why the CL is important to us next season, The other thing is once we have our new stadium that will generate a lot of money. Now assuming it isn't going to turn into a millstone around our neck, we will have to pay more wages to atract top players. If we can't do that we will never copmpete with the Maures and certainly not the City's of this World. Whatever anyone says or thinks, City will win the Prem in the near future and if Mancini can't do it they will get someone who can. money is no object to them and you can be sure they will use their money to get what they want. We and the rest of the Prem including Manure will have to try and compete with that.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Apr 30 2010, 21:26

We might have been able to work that one, were Tevez himself amenable to the deal. Who knows there?

One thing I'm certain of though, we wouldn't have kept him for long, Champions League or no. We've already heard his agent banging on about Tevez 'not maximising his earning potential' and this is at Citeh!! Apparently they reckon Tevez could be up around the £200,000 earning mark with the best in the World. More importantly, Tevez believes this himself.

Apparently there are those at the Bernebeu who believe this too.

A season tops I reckon.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 01 2010, 00:24

No chance for us then Ion.

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 00:34

One season at the most than onto arsenil. Tevez seems to like playing for rivals. Utd & Citeh, so it would figure after his turn at the Bubble Blowers we must be on his list then over to the woolwich wanderers ! Wonder if he could forge a partnership with Pav or Defoe ? I think our wage ceiling is around the £50K mark . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 01 2010, 02:28

Cant afford Tevez ,,,,,,end of ....... But we do need that kind of busy forward ....

The Bayern Munich forward the other night Olic is similar and Bayern got him on a free .. I think Harry can do likewise ..

In fact Bayern who've just made it to the CL final , the other night fielded a starting eleven consisting of 5 players from their academy , 3 players bought in on frees and just the 3 players bought in via a transfer fee ...
    Forget the superstars , they're for the clubs whose owners own oil fields or are allowed massive debts . Enic , our owners have had a history of owning numerous football clubs but they've never not run them as a profitible buisness....

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 04:24

tevez is a money machine and has some serious businessmen advising him, he understands the lifespan of a footballer and hes taking as much out of it as he can, to be fair to him he delivers on the park and his work rate is excellant and always adheres him to home fans, but he will go from man city next season, not for better wages but for the tranfer knock on fees,agent fees, signing on fees etc, thats where the real money is for footballers (greedy gets).

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 05:16

Not so much advising him Burgs as owning him. Tevez is little more than a chattel owned by a business consortium. To me it stinks of modern day slaverey . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 05:46

yes owning him is a better way of putting it, 85 million in tranfer fees tevez has gone for and hes only 26.

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 07:34

If everyone might think a little bit on this one.............the berbatov deal could have involved tevez coming to us, he could have got a contract for 3 years with his wages being swallowed up by part of the man utd fee for berbatov, we then could have sold him on before his final season for us recouping back an amount of the berbatov fee back.

I really believe that had tevez played for us this season then that 4th place would have already been taken..........not by us but the goons, we would have wrapped third place up long before...................

Last edited by lewspurs on Sat May 01 2010, 17:37; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 07:45

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]Cant afford Tevez ,,,,,,end of ....... But we do need that kind of busy forward ....So our best bet of getting a (busy) forward like tevez would have been from when he was at man utd and involved in the berbatov deal arnie.............name another (busy forward ) who is available now ?

The Bayern Munich forward the other night Olic is similar and Bayern got him on a free .. I think Harry can do likewise ..Well bully for them arnie, i bet they would swap tevez for olic every time.

In fact Bayern who've just made it to the CL final , the other night fielded a starting eleven consisting of 5 players from their academy , 3 players bought in on frees and just the 3 players bought in via a transfer fee ... Have we ever been that lucky with players arnie ? maybe in the bill nic era but not in recent years.

Forget the superstars , they're for the clubs whose owners own oil fields or are allowed massive debts . Enic , our owners have had a history of owning numerous football clubs but they've never not run them as a profitible buisness..............Hmmmmmmmmm ! think we have had financial losses with enic, go back on previous years arnie ? we have been fortunate to have sold carrick (useless twat) and berbatov (ego man ) for well over what they are worth and for that we have levy to thank, and that has been reflected in the tottenham hotspur financial year.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 01 2010, 07:47

I really believe that had tevez played for us this
    season then that 4th place would have already been taken..........not
    by us but the goons, we would have wrapped third place up long
    before...................

Berbatov / Tevez. Lol Lew.

Post by Guest Sat May 01 2010, 08:00

BazSpur wrote:Isn't the problem our wages ceiling though Lew. We won't pay over a certain amount. I don't know how much Man city pay Teves but you can bet your life its more than we could offer him. That is why the CL is important to us next season, The other thing is once we have our new stadium that will generate a lot of money. Now assuming it isn't going to turn into a millstone around our neck, we will have to pay more wages to atract top players. If we can't do that we will never copmpete with the Maures and certainly not the City's of this World. Whatever anyone says or thinks, City will win the Prem in the near future and if Mancini can't do it they will get someone who can. money is no object to them and you can be sure they will use their money to get what they want. We and the rest of the Prem including Manure will have to try and compete with that.

I can see the wages barrier here baz ! but in the tevez case i am sure ferguson would have preferred him to go anywhere but city, and we were in a very strong position to sign him when man utd were creaming themselves over berbatov..i am sure ferguson would have encouraged a swap deal plus cash at the time..............even if it were only for one season i think he would have made the difference between where we are now and where we might have been had we had him in the team against sides like hull,stoke and wolves.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 01 2010, 08:20

You maybe right Lew, all by the by now mate. He will go abroad I reckon. Still thats the way it goes.

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 11:02

we missed something there. its clear fergie dont rate teverz but really wanted berbatov. id love to have teverz as he gives hes all and tends to score a lot

Post by Guest Sun May 02 2010, 15:22

Loughtonlegend wrote:we missed something there. its clear fergie dont rate teverz but really wanted berbatov. id love to have teverz as he gives hes all and tends to score a lot

Thats exactly what i see in the player too lought !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 14:34