The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
JUST TO GET YOU THINKING EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

JUST TO GET YOU THINKING Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
ionman34
cstmrsking
philip
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
SuneJim
10 posters

JUST TO GET YOU THINKING

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

JUST TO GET YOU THINKING Empty JUST TO GET YOU THINKING

Post by SuneJim Wed May 12 2010, 08:21

Now it has been said that Sir (Red Nose) Alex is after Modric & now it emerges he maybe interested in letting Berbatov & Carrick come back to us after he's become disillusioned with the pair, in payment for the Little Gem Luka.

Just think that would mean no out lay & bringing in two CL experienced players so it has to be thought about that's for sure.

Add that to the news it seems Joe Cole would like to join up with Harry again & will be out of contract so no out lay again. But another CL experienced player in through the doors.

So if all parties are up for this can anyone think of a real reason not to let it happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Berbatov, Carrick & Cole in & Modric out & with no money changing hands. Ok it's all hypothetical but i'm struggling to think of a reason i'd be against it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

JUST TO GET YOU THINKING Empty Re: JUST TO GET YOU THINKING

Post by BazSpur Wed May 12 2010, 08:33

Simply because of Berbatoss Jim I say no. I don't think he has changed and he wasn't universally liked at manure. He'd soon be doing the dirty on us again and I couldn't stand seeing him pointing and throwing his arms up at every pass he deemed he wouldn't run to collect. Nope not for me, not him anyway. Cole and Carrick maybe but keep Modders. So if it means losing Modders then the answer is no from me. Nice poser though mate.

Post by Guest Wed May 12 2010, 08:58

its a no from me aswell. its not that i wouldnt mind berbatov back as i think hes class. carrick i think is a better player then wp.
    joe cole no thanks hes 30 and cant get in chelsea team and wants at least 100k. hes not worth breakin our pay structure over.
    teverz now theres somone i would love to have at spurs
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed May 12 2010, 09:07

With Baz on this one ...Berba was my fave player in his first season for us but he pi**ed on us and could well do again... I once read an article about Berba where he was qouted as wishing an early retirement from the game at around 32 years of age so that he can persue other intrests as there is more to life than football etc ... If he were to come to us now , I cant see him having the desire to do well for us , especialy if some of our fans were to get on his back which I feel is what would happen .... ...

At the end of the day if, Modric wants out and wants to team up with the Mancs , then Carrick and £25m maybe....

Cole , I'm thinking is looking for way to much in wages considering his last couple of seasons with injuries and small amount of starts ... I think he's looking for that one last fantastic contract from his boyhood team Chelsea, but for an extra few million on top of his many millions, he will happily defect to Spurs , Man Utd, Man City, anywhere in fact , well to me it seems that way ...

If all three players were at the peak of their game and a little younger, then yes but then the Mancs and Chavs wouldnt be even entertaining the idea of off loading those kind of players .. They're damaged goods lol ....Modric on the other hand has his best years ahead of him and I want that to be with us rather than with ManUre ...

However, Jim... I wouldnt be suprised if Harry went for something like what you have put forward ...
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Wed May 12 2010, 09:25

I am with the lads as well I would not have Barb back at any cost, Carlick yes at a good price, Joe Cole definitely no I do not thing he is a Spurs player show boating too much and hanging on to the ball too much a bit lite Wrigt White Philip
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed May 12 2010, 10:11

Good post as usaual, with much food for thought. On th eface of it looks like the kind of deal that would suite Harry and Levy.
    But would it suite the fans?! I just think back to Barbatoss attitude to club and Fans and how close we were to Relegation. If we had been relegated then made it back at first attempt back into the Prem and then was offerd Berba Back, how would we all feel then.
    I'm all for Spurs Players returning if it was us that sold them for what ever reason. But when a Player shows no Love for the Club or its fans and wants to Leave, then it all goes wrong and have the cheek to come back! (Keane a case in point what happend to him)
    As for Fergie. When will he ever learn! he muscles us for our some best players. It not worked out then he wants to PX them for another go at one of our Best Players.
    This aint about good fiscal trading this is about competition. What is this! they dont sell there players to us, but trade our old boys back for one of our better players, to advance their own cause. I say no, Feck them. We aint a poor club we can call the shots just as they do. If they really want Modric and we have to let him go, then they can pay up.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed May 12 2010, 11:21

No, no and no for me.

None of these 3 players, IMO, will add anything to what we already have. The points you make about CL experience are valid Jim but I think that the focus is in the wrong place. CL is the reward for your domestic campaign and I'm not so sure that these three will bring anything that we don't already have.

Actually I'm quite sure about Berbatov, he'll bring us nothing but trouble. Where do we slot in Cole? RM is covered by Lennon & Bentley whilst the left by Bale with Krancjar as backup. In the middle we have a plethora of talent. The Hudd is now realising his quality and offers more potential for goals than Carrick, as does Modric. Both too are displaying the ability to break up play in the middle as well as dictate play. We all know that Carrick does this well but would what we gain outweigh what we lose if Modric goes?

I don't think so.

Add to this the fact that we have WP (OK his form has dipped but, as the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent) and Sandro arriving soon.

In summary, ManU have nothing to offer that we can't better, apart from Rooney. That would be my stipulation, if you want Modric then I suggest you not waste our time unless you provide what WE actually want rather than what YOU no longer require.

If he tries unsettling Modric then, quite frankly, let him. We are not obliged to sell as he has a further 4 years on his contract. If his head is turned, and he wants to sulk about it, then let him. He has 4 years to get over it ............ I guarantee it wouldn't take him 6 Months, particularly if his sulking sees him miss out on the CL stage!!

I'd like to hope that Modric isn't that way inclined anyway.

We are in control here, let's keep it that way.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed May 12 2010, 17:19

JIM..... If someone was to have even mentioned that to me in..... say the boozer they would have got a pint over them, BUT, when its down on paper and written like that the mind starts a thinking.....................................................................
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed May 12 2010, 17:20

.............................. and iv thought about it........ Bollox lets keep MODRIC!!!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed May 12 2010, 20:31

Does make you think Jim, why did we spent so long courting Sandro? where does he fit in? gonna be an interesting summer.

Post by Guest Wed May 12 2010, 21:57

No for me ! we really dont want berbatov,carrick or joe cole......we can do better than that.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed May 12 2010, 23:10

ionman34 wrote:No, no and no for me.

None of these 3 players, IMO, will add anything to what we already have. The points you make about CL experience are valid Jim but I think that the focus is in the wrong place. CL is the reward for your domestic campaign and I'm not so sure that these three will bring anything that we don't already have.

I can feel another 'Priority' thread in the making here... We want to qualify for the Champs League knock-out stages of course we do and by the way , we got a good boost for our hopes thanks to being seeded..Hot Spurs! Tottenham to dodge Euro heavyweights with seeding for Champions League qualifying round | Mail Online

But as Ion has alluded to , its the domestic that matters most ... Its all about the Premeirship .. Top four or better this time please and strengthening our competitors in our quest for this is not something we really want to be doing? We need to be top four this means we can no longer be selling players to our competitors..

Actually I'm quite sure about Berbatov, he'll bring us nothing but trouble. Where do we slot in Cole? RM is covered by Lennon & Bentley whilst the left by Bale with Krancjar as backup. In the middle we have a plethora of talent. The Hudd is now realising his quality and offers more potential for goals than Carrick, as does Modric. Both too are displaying the ability to break up play in the middle as well as dictate play. We all know that Carrick does this well but would what we gain outweigh what we lose if Modric goes?

I don't think so.

Carrick certainly aint as pleasing to the eye as Modders .... Carrick is efficient with the ball , knits things together as does Modric but our boy from Croatia also runs with the ball, not with great speed I might add but with nous , outfoxing his opponent with a shimmy or a drop of the shoulder then sweetly glides past them like a gazzelle and it would so hurt me to see him for the next few years doing this in a red shirt for those spoilt arrogant pr*cks at the Theater Of Tossers...
    Add to this the fact that we have WP (OK his form has dipped but, as the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent) and Sandro arriving soon.

In summary, ManU have nothing to offer that we can't better, apart from Rooney. That would be my stipulation, if you want Modric then I suggest you not waste our time unless you provide what WE actually want rather than what YOU no longer require.

If he tries unsettling Modric then, quite frankly, let him. We are not obliged to sell as he has a further 4 years on his contract. If his head is turned, and he wants to sulk about it, then let him. He has 4 years to get over it ............ I guarantee it wouldn't take him 6 Months, particularly if his sulking sees him miss out on the CL stage!!
    I'd like to hope that Modric isn't that way inclined anyway.

We are in control here, let's keep it that way.

Good point about the remainder of Modric's contract but lets hope we dont get into another situation where the player is showing contempt for the club destroying all the good vibes around the place etc ...Thou I dont see it getting like that with Modric ....

I would also be far happier if our manager didnt suck up to Alex Ferguson , its a side to, Harry I dont like and I'd be much happier if he looked upon Fergie as a nemesis and actualy had a few verbals with him ..Tell him to look elsewhere, politely JUST TO GET YOU THINKING Icon_wink ..... The likes of Bale and Modric are Tottenham players and together we're aiming for titles!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed May 12 2010, 23:35

Thou I dont see it getting like that with Modric

Me neither Arnie, you knew after a couple of games that Berbatov was a bad influence, always digging out his team mates because they forgot to put their telepathic heads on that day. Modric I will be amazed if he started acting up and as ive said before, why rotate at Manure when his first choice at ours.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu May 13 2010, 01:14

yes from me luv modric but to get 3 players of that standard its a good deal
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu May 13 2010, 02:11

spurslegend wrote:yes from me luv modric but to get 3 players of that standard its a good deal

All paper talk Dave, aint gonna happen.

Post by Guest Thu May 13 2010, 02:20

spurslegend wrote:yes from me luv modric but to get 3 players of that standard its a good deal

Berbatov will be disruptive ! carrick has been rubbish all year (ask my man utd mate ) joe cole is injury plagued and just wants big money in the last 3 years of his career.

Sorry dave and jim.........not for me ever ! rather keep what we have got.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu May 13 2010, 02:42

Not for me! Carrick is inconsistent and to similar to Hud and you would'nt want to play both in the same team. Berbatov is not playing aswell now as he was when he was with us and if he leaves Utd I'm sure he will go abroad. Cole has been struggling lately although his last couple of games he has been a lot better and that's what has got him in the England 30 but again where would you play him. It's not quantity we need it's quality we already have a big squad what we need to do is keep our best players and ad a couple of real class players, not unreliable sulkers like Berbatov.
    I hope Modric stays like everybody else here does but I always get worried when big sums are banded about for our players and Levy starts to see the £ signs looming.
    What Modric has to look at is how Carrick and Berbatov 's form has dipped since they have been at Utd.
    Mikey M
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu May 13 2010, 02:43

To Sum Up. Is 3 out of form Players = to one inform Player ? YN
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu May 13 2010, 02:51

NO NO NO !!!
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu May 13 2010, 02:57

HAVE TO SAY YOU BOYS KNOW YOUR FOOTBALL

Post by Guest Thu May 13 2010, 06:38

Modric -Imaganative, flair & versatile. Can make Spurs tick . . . . .
    Carrick - A much better player than some seem to give him credit for. Good holding player & passer. YET so is Thudd. Thudd is developing into the player Carrick was/is at his best. Would I drop Thudd for Carrick ? No . . . . . .
    Cole - IMO, when fit, the most naturally talented English footballer plying his trade at present. I've always said I would love to see him in a Spurs shirt, but at present I can't think who I would drop to play him. Certainly not Moddle . . . . . . .
    Berbs - a truely gifted forward when he can be bothered but do we need him back with his baggage and prima donna attitude . . . .. .
    Good post Jim. One to get us thinking and debating . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu May 13 2010, 11:36

I would also be far happier if our manager didnt suck up to Alex Ferguson , its a side to, Harry I dont like and I'd be much happier if he looked upon Fergie as a nemesis and actualy had a few verbals with him ..Tell him to look elsewhere, politely
    thats how i feel aswell arnie. the way he sucks up to fegie i hate it so much. again he went over to man u and bent oever for him. playin defensive even thoug rio and rooney was out.

Post by Guest Fri May 14 2010, 08:03

Just as an add on to this someone posted about Berbs and his wish to retire soon and general lack of enthusiasim. Heard on the radio that he has decided to retire from International football & has commited his future to Utd . . . . . . ..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 18:49