The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
seebee1944
robspurs
7 posters

Modric

robspurs
    robspurs
    4th Division
    4th Division

Modric Empty Modric

Post by robspurs Mon May 31 2010, 01:05

I've just read that Luka Modric has signed a new 6 year contract does anyone if that is true and if it is kiss my a**e Man U and Chelsea!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Modric Empty Re: Modric

Post by seebee1944 Mon May 31 2010, 01:29

Yep it's on the Spurs website good news

Post by Guest Mon May 31 2010, 01:50

Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric has signed a new six-year contract with the club that will keep him at White Hart Lane until 2016.
    The 24-year-old, who joined Spurs from Dinamo Zagreb in April 2008, had been linked with a move to Manchester United after impressing in the last two years.
    But he has committed his long-term future to Tottenham, insisting he had "no interest in going anywhere else".
    Boss Harry Redknapp said Modric was "key to everything that's happening".
    United were thought to be lining up a £25m bid for Modric, whose form helped Spurs clinch fourth place in the Premier League this season and qualification for the Champions League.
    Business has been done between the clubs in the past, with Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov both lured to Old Trafford in big money deals.

But that was before Redknapp arrived at Spurs, and he has shown his determination to hold on to his best players as he prepares to lead his team into Europe's elite club competition next season.
    And Modric feels he will be able to satisfy his ambitions at Tottenham.
    He told the club's website: "Tottenham Hotspur gave me my chance in the Premier League and I want to go on to achieve great success here with them.
    "Yes, there have been enquiries from other big clubs, but I have no interest in going anywhere.
    "Last season's top four finish was an indication of where we are as a club and I feel I can continue to improve and go on to achieve everything I want to at Spurs."
    Modric has made 77 appearances for Tottenham and scored eight times.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 31 2010, 03:11

Great news.

Post by Guest Mon May 31 2010, 06:08

Fekin Superb. Moddle knows where the future is . . . . .. . . . . COYS . . .. ..
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon May 31 2010, 06:29

It is great news that he has signed a new contract but call me a cynic but i just think that contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on these days, he could turn round in a few months or at Winter transfer window that he wants to go, at least with a 6 year contract we can command a decent fee for him...but for now it is great news........
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 31 2010, 18:13

Boycey wrote:It is great news that he has signed a new contract but call me a cynic but i just think that contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on these days, he could turn round in a few months or at Winter transfer window that he wants to go, at least with a 6 year contract we can command a decent fee for him...but for now it is great news........
    Thats all you can do Boycey, I dont think we will ever get caught with a Campbell situation again. Thats the majority of our key players tied to long contracts now,Modders,Bale,Huddlestone, if your going to make mistakes, best learn from them and after extracting 30 million from Manure for the swan eating sulk that is Berbatoss, Levys certainly done that.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon May 31 2010, 18:31

djfitzo wrote:
    Boycey wrote:It is great news that he has signed a new contract but call me a cynic but i just think that contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on these days, he could turn round in a few months or at Winter transfer window that he wants to go, at least with a 6 year contract we can command a decent fee for him...but for now it is great news........
    Thats all you can do Boycey, I dont think we will ever get caught with a Campbell situation again. Thats the majority of our key players tied to long contracts now,Modders,Bale,Huddlestone, if your going to make mistakes, best learn from them and after extracting 30 million from Manure for the swan eating sulk that is Berbatoss, Levys certainly done that.

I am just glad that we seem to be stopping being the feeder club to Man Utd now and committing our players to long contracts!!!!
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 31 2010, 21:48

Boycey wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

I am just glad that we seem to be stopping being the feeder club to Man Utd now and committing our players to long contracts!!!!

I definitely agree with that Man United and Chelsea should raise their own players instead of pouncing on ours
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon May 31 2010, 23:08

Thats Modric 940866 News !!!!!

Fergie and Ancelotti can now buger off and look elsewhere!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content