The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Team News EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Team News EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Team News EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Team News EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Team News EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Team News EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Team News EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Team News EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Team News EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Team News Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Team News

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Team News Empty Team News

Post by MarkA249 Sun Aug 08 2010, 00:42

STARTING XI: Gomes; Kaboul, King, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Palacios, Jenas, Giovani; Crouch, Pavlyuchenko. SUBS: Cudicini, Corluka, Dawson, Naughton, Walker, Huddlestone, Livermore, Kranjcar, Rose, Keane.

Where is Bale Modric and Defoe ?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Team News Empty Re: Team News

Post by shearspur Sun Aug 08 2010, 03:20

saved for next saturday hopefully

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08 2010, 03:42

MarkA249 wrote:STARTING XI: Gomes; Kaboul, King, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Palacios, Jenas, Giovani; Crouch, Pavlyuchenko. SUBS: Cudicini, Corluka, Dawson, Naughton, Walker, Huddlestone, Livermore, Kranjcar, Rose, Keane.

Where is Bale Modric and Defoe ?

Obviously being saved for bigger things.....vs city and then swiss team in the cl.
    not forgetting all are playing in national friendlies this week, as despised by harry.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08 2010, 05:19

yep its harry being clever. now defoe and modric should be saved from mid week duty

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08 2010, 05:37

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08 2010, 06:57

Nice one Max. Didn't see the game so good to see the goals. Keane looked sharp and looked like he enjoyed the plaudits from the crowd. Where the hell was the right-back for the 2nd Fiorentina goal tho' . . .. .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Aug 08 2010, 07:52

Right back Kaboul first man beaten in the middle and then strolls into no mans land. Gotta do better than that.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Aug 08 2010, 12:57

Defence looked at sixes and sevens for their two goals, I'd be interested to see if that was the norm or if it was just a couple of lapses of concentration. The lapses we can work on and nullify quite easily. If it was he norm then it needs to be addressed hard and fast.

On the positive side, Gio looked lively in that brief clip and whoever said he hasn't got the build for the Prem needs their eyes examined. He's short but he looks like he has more than enough meat on his bones to me. I'd really like to see him get his shot this season, he'd be like a new signing himself and offers a real threat on the left, not to mention his vision in setting up Pav. Many young players, trying to prove their worth to the Boss, would have looked for goal there, he saw that Pav had the easier finish. That's the kind of maturity that should see him getting far more game time.

Can't wait personally, from what I saw in the WC, he can really dictate the course of a game.

What about Livermore's pass for the 3rd? Fantastic vision and a slide rule pass that tore Fiorentina apart. Don't these glimpses just whet your appetite for seeing these young talents in our cup games?

Lastly, does anyone know much about their young striker, Leitch is it (never seen him before so I'm not sure on the spelling). Normally I wouldn't be as interested only I heard the commentator say that he'd scored 7 in 4 and he's only 18! Took his goal well too eh?

I wonder. Considering how Spurs go out of their way to find these young gems, I wonder if we're tracking him?

On the whole, it seems that we've used our pre season friendlies well. Good quality opposition who have been looking to win and have given us a stern test. The 4-1 beating, I believe, was at just the right time too. There's nothing like a loss like that to highlight any weaknesses or flaws to be worked on and the management appear to have jumped on it fairly fast as we've since beaten quality opposition both home and away.

I look forward to seeing a further tweak to the squad and a good strong start to the campaign.

Can't wait.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08 2010, 20:52

I told you about GDS lol

A good win gents, congrats.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Aug 08 2010, 21:24

Thank you Sir.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 09 2010, 05:39

ionman34 wrote:Defence looked at sixes and sevens for their two goals, I'd be interested to see if that was the norm or if it was just a couple of lapses of concentration. The lapses we can work on and nullify quite easily. If it was he norm then it needs to be addressed hard and fast.

On the positive side, Gio looked lively in that brief clip and whoever said he hasn't got the build for the Prem needs their eyes examined. He's short but he looks like he has more than enough meat on his bones to me. I'd really like to see him get his shot this season, he'd be like a new signing himself and offers a real threat on the left, not to mention his vision in setting up Pav. Many young players, trying to prove their worth to the Boss, would have looked for goal there, he saw that Pav had the easier finish. That's the kind of maturity that should see him getting far more game time.

Can't wait personally, from what I saw in the WC, he can really dictate the course of a game.

What about Livermore's pass for the 3rd? Fantastic vision and a slide rule pass that tore Fiorentina apart. Don't these glimpses just whet your appetite for seeing these young talents in our cup games?

Lastly, does anyone know much about their young striker, Leitch is it (never seen him before so I'm not sure on the spelling). Normally I wouldn't be as interested only I heard the commentator say that he'd scored 7 in 4 and he's only 18! Took his goal well too eh?

I wonder. Considering how Spurs go out of their way to find these young gems, I wonder if we're tracking him?

On the whole, it seems that we've used our pre season friendlies well. Good quality opposition who have been looking to win and have given us a stern test. The 4-1 beating, I believe, was at just the right time too. There's nothing like a loss like that to highlight any weaknesses or flaws to be worked on and the management appear to have jumped on it fairly fast as we've since beaten quality opposition both home and away.

I look forward to seeing a further tweak to the squad and a good strong start to the campaign.

Can't wait.

I agree about the defence I think it has looked a bit suspect in all the pre-season games and Harry needs to sort that out very quickly. Having watched Citys game yesterday they do look good going forward and they could do our current defence some damage.
    But on a positive GDS seems a changed player to me and must get a chance from the start. I always thought he left a lot of his game behind, often promising to do great things but falling short but he seems a more complete player and it also looks like Pav is staying so with more regular games could be a different player this season.

Like you I can't wait for the start.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09 2010, 09:13

Perhaps you missed the post I made two above yours Mikey?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content