The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Rep points again. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Rep points again. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Rep points again. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Rep points again. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Rep points again. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Rep points again. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Rep points again. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Rep points again. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Rep points again. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Rep points again. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
cstmrsking
ionman34
BazSpur
7 posters

Rep points again.

Rep points again. Empty Rep points again.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09 2010, 17:45

Sorry to raise this subject again but honestly lads this is sometimes like being back in the playground again.

Some of us on here have mixed feelings about adel taarabt, lought is obviously a fan as are others, i am not, as i dont think sunejim is from what he writes, difference is i make 2 comments about taarabt and get demoted points while others on here have voiced their doubts and i note nothing happens to their posts,?

Whoever is responsible i would say at least be consistent,! lought might be your pal or something but why not dock all those posts that you dont like about taarabt instead of just mine.

I have said before that i dont get involved in docking people points , if its a post i am not interested in i just move on, as i said its a bit like the old pals act in the school playground bit, pathetic really...................

Rep points again. Empty Re: Rep points again.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10 2010, 00:22

Lew why bring sunnyjim into this. im sure theres players you rate that i dont. for what its worth i think people are wrong about adel. hes got skill he can see a pass and has speed and strength but our coaches cant help him as they all want yes men.
    i see he run the show on saturday at qpr. i hope they go up and they sell him to man u for 10 mill because lettin him go for 1 mill is a joke .
    i see we are after ashly young. why hes right winger that plays on the left. also micha richards who i dont mind but i think kaboul done well enough at right back
    as for your rep points i havent taken any off you lew

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10 2010, 03:16

Lought ! i mentioned jim because i remember him sort of being of the same opinion as myself on the taarabt issue, there was no intention of bringing jim into this argument , there were others that doubt that taarabt is as good as you say he is but i didnt want to go down that road of quoting all and sundry, names and dates etc etc.
    My point was that someone has docked points either because they are backing you up or because they simply dont like me because there is inconsistency in the appraisal showed by their reaction to my posts.

I have absolutely no doubt that it isnt yourself lought ! all i am saying is why dock me for an anti taarabt post while others have voiced themselves along the same lines.

At the end of the day i hope taarabt does well for qpr, it doesnt bother me to be proved wrong and you right, but we will see .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 10 2010, 03:21

I think what Lew is saying is why not dock points from everyone that has doubts about Tarabt. You know this docking Rep points is silly and stupid and makes no sense. It also smacks of hiding behind your keyboard like some sniper. its sneaky and cowardly. I say again If you are found to be docking points there will be no ifs and buts. You will be banned.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10 2010, 04:48

baz surley you can find out whos doing it
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 10 2010, 05:32

It can possibly be done but it is time consuming. I will give a chance for whoever it is to stop. I'm hoping whoever it is will grow up first.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10 2010, 06:54

BazSpur wrote:It can possibly be done but it is time consuming. I will give a chance for whoever it is to stop. I'm hoping whoever it is will grow up first.

Baz ! its not so much the actual points , at the end of the day it doesnt matter how many points you have or dont have , its the inconsistency, my point is that i dont think taarabt is prem class, i might be wrong, others have posted for or against taarabt but it was only my posts that got docked ! why ? am i not allowed an opinion on the subject.

I made a joke about lought being a adel groupie but its just a joke intended to make people laugh, and lought usually takes it all in good stead, if he didnt like it i would hope he would tell me and i wouldnt make jokes like that.

Anyway the sooner you can get a system up that says who is doing what the better, at least it might all make some sense then.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 10 2010, 18:50

Anyway the sooner you can get a system up that says who is doing what the better, at least it might all make some sense then.

Big Brother watching over us Lew?

I don't see what all the fuss is about myself mate. As I understand it, the rep point system was set up as a bit of fun to let people know their pleasure or displeasure, for want of a better word, at a particular post. You win nothing if you have the most, you lose nothing if you have the least.

It wasn't so long ago that I was told that I was, possibly, intimidating other posters to the point that they would not post on here. They didn't want a confrontation because I argue forcefully.
    That's me though, never backward in coming forward to argue a point if I think the other person is wrong. Not all people are like this though, not everyone wants the confrontation that goes with holding a contrary position and this is their chance to show their disagreement without the confrontation.

Wasn't it you who said that everyone should have the right to make a statement without being brought to task for it? This is just another way of voicing that opinion. It lets you know that someone disagrees but just doesn't want the argument that often goes with it.

Don't worry mate, I'm only playing Devil's advocate here as I believe that any opinion should be backed. If you can't then keep it to yourself because making an opinion then gives everyone else the right to challenge it, provided they can back up THEIR argument. But I digress.

Think of it as a secret ballot. A vote has been cast on the post and it wasn't a favourable one. However, you are sitting on 39 points so you have far more that agree with you, or respect the content of your posts, than those who do not.

Glass half full and all that old bean. Rep points again. 652197 Rep points again. Icon_biggrin
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Aug 10 2010, 20:09

The Lord Giveth and The Lord Taketh.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 10 2010, 20:33

This is just another way of voicing that
    opinion. It lets you know that someone disagrees but just doesn't want
    the argument that often goes with it.

Or it could just be someone being malicious toward Lew Ion. I believe it is the latter because as Lew has pointed out there are others with the same opinion as himself on Tarabt (Spelling) not only that but its not the first time Lew has had Rep points deducted there have been other occasions on other subjects.. I take your point on the secret ballot aspect though and I must admit I never thought of it like that before. However, if there is a malicious deducting of points from anyone's rep then it is out of order in my opinion and it just goes to show how nasty some people are. Why not just confront Lew outright with whatever the problem is. I believe it is the same person doing it this time as did it some months ago. There is only one other person in all the time the forum has been running that Rep points have been deducted from someones account and that was Burger, as far as I know no one else has had rep's deducted. If we are going to have a rep point system then there should be fair play.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 01:39

ionman34 wrote:Anyway the sooner you can get a system up that says who is doing what the better, at least it might all make some sense then.

I don't see what all the fuss is about myself mate. As I understand it, the rep point system was set up as a bit of fun to let people know their pleasure or displeasure, for want of a better word, at a particular post. You win nothing if you have the most, you lose nothing if you have the least.

It wasn't so long ago that I was told that I was, possibly, intimidating other posters to the point that they would not post on here. They didn't want a confrontation because I argue forcefully.
    That's me though, never backward in coming forward to argue a point if I think the other person is wrong. Not all people are like this though, not everyone wants the confrontation that goes with holding a contrary position and this is their chance to show their disagreement without the confrontation.

Wasn't it you who said that everyone should have the right to make a statement without being brought to task for it? This is just another way of voicing that opinion. It lets you know that someone disagrees but just doesn't want the argument that often goes with it.

Don't worry mate, I'm only playing Devil's advocate here as I believe that any opinion should be backed. If you can't then keep it to yourself because making an opinion then gives everyone else the right to challenge it, provided they can back up THEIR argument. But I digress.

Think of it as a secret ballot. A vote has been cast on the post and it wasn't a favourable one. However, you are sitting on 39 points so you have far more that agree with you, or respect the content of your posts, than those who do not.

Glass half full and all that old bean. Rep points again. 652197 Rep points again. Icon_biggrin

What can i say old man ! without getting a rep point docked !

Honestly ion i really couldnt give a toss ! if thats the way they want to make their contribution on here then fcuk the cretin who is doing it, because they dont have the brain to contest what they are disagreeing with.......however i suspect its something more than just that, something is irking their silly little mind, something i have said or made them look foolish over, but like you i appreciate face to face confrontation on the keyboards not some scrungy skanky idiot that presses a button to say something he cant explain and thats sad.

Having said that, if the intention is to stop me voicing an opinion then they can go on deducting points, i am committed to the board because i love spurs and i love talking spurs and that is my reason for being on here, along the way i hope i have gathered like minded friends, and hopefully i will meet with some of them at some time in my life, although i have a very busy life.

I have been accused of seeking favouritism because i give a few things away, i can see the logic behind such a theory but its a bit of fun to do comps on here and its my contribution to a great board, i give away things i have had for years.......and dont watch or read anymore so whats the problem with that.?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Aug 11 2010, 04:11

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ionman34 wrote:Anyway the sooner you can get a system up that says who is doing what the better, at least it might all make some sense then.

What can i say old man ! without getting a rep point docked !

Probably a great many things Lew, I hope you're not suggesting that I have docked it though, I'd rather have the argument!! Rep points again. Lol

Honestly ion i really couldnt give a toss ! if thats the way they want to make their contribution on here then fcuk the cretin who is doing it, because they dont have the brain to contest what they are disagreeing with.......however i suspect its something more than just that, something is irking their silly little mind, something i have said or made them look foolish over, but like you i appreciate face to face confrontation on the keyboards not some scrungy skanky idiot that presses a button to say something he cant explain and thats sad.

Fair enough Lew. I can see where you are coming from and even agree with you to an extent. I also appreciate what Baz posted earlier, that this has happened before, so you're probably right. However, I can't really get that worked up about it because I've never really taken that much notice of my rep points, or anyone elses for that matter. For all I know I've been docked quite a few after some of my tear ups. As long as they're positive and not negative though, I'll be happy to know that my posts are appreciated more often than not.

Having said that, if the intention is to stop me voicing an opinion then they can go on deducting points, i am committed to the board because i love spurs and i love talking spurs and that is my reason for being on here, along the way i hope i have gathered like minded friends, and hopefully i will meet with some of them at some time in my life, although i have a very busy life.

Don't we all mate. I've said it before, yours is one of the more thought provoking contributions on here as you do tend to ask some fairly difficult questions and they spark some pretty good debate.

I have been accused of seeking favouritism because i give a few things away, i can see the logic behind such a theory but its a bit of fun to do comps on here and its my contribution to a great board, i give away things i have had for years.......and dont watch or read anymore so whats the problem with that.?

Few accuse you of that and those that do don't really get too much in the way of serious consideration when they do.

Chill out mate, if you haven't worked out by now that you are considered a valuable part of this 'Family' then you never will. Considering this, does the odd 'dissention dock' really matter all that much?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 06:22

Honestly ion !never said and hoped you never thought for one moment that i was accusing you ! ion, i know you better than that and i hope you realise that fact.

Rather than dock points you will slug it out verbally and i love you for that mate ! as one spurs fan to another.

Yeah i am probably getting a bit paranoid, always been of a sensitive nature, supporting spurs and listening to work mates have a go has made me like that............ Rep points again. Lol

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 06:27

Lew don't be paranoid have a rep point . . . . . .. .
    (just because your paranoid it dosen't mean they aren't out to get ya)
    (perfect paranoia is perfect awareness)

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 06:34

VisionarySound wrote:Lew don't be paranoid have a rep point . . . . . .. .
    (just because your paranoid it dosen't mean they aren't out to get ya)
    (perfect paranoia is perfect awareness)

You are speaking along my lines now vis ! i have always believed the same.
    By the way, saw an old mate who i used to play folk band with back in the early eighties, did a couple of old numbers together and he played harmonica, brilliant ! really enjoyed the evening because sharon was on a night shift, i even rated my own blues riff........you know the e7, a and d chords stuff.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 07:48

Throw the odd 7th chord in Lew and you get a lovely old skool, authentic blues sound. Also works well for a Country sound. Johnny Cash used 'em a lot after a minor chord. As a bass player I will often look to throw in a quarter beat flat/sharp note if the guitarist goes for a 7th. Throws it slightly off pitch but if you slide into it then out you can get away with it . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Aug 12 2010, 09:24

Can't believe what i've just read,,,,,,,,,,,,, How old are we,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Plus never knew you could take Rep Points so now i'd watch out Lad's lol.

Can i just say do we have any Scousers on this board because they'll have any thing that's not nailed down,,,,,,,, Only trying to help PMSL.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Aug 12 2010, 10:06

Rep points! Scrapem i say. Or stop moaning, as i said the Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh.
    Reputation is something that we earn, it is not a right. Many a good man has lost his Reputation.
    Sound like more trouble than they worth.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 12 2010, 11:00

Well, if the Forums want the Rep system scrapped then that is not a problem. If you want we could take a vote on it as I like this to be a democratic board. Maybe we could have someone arguing for and someone arguing against then we could all make our minds up.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12 2010, 15:38

SuneJim wrote:Can't believe what i've just read,,,,,,,,,,,,, How old are we,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Plus never knew you could take Rep Points so now i'd watch out Lad's lol.

Can i just say do we have any Scousers on this board because they'll have any thing that's not nailed down,,,,,,,, Only trying to help PMSL.

Not sure if you are replying to me jim, but you are right it is childish and i felt childish having to bring the subject up, however just hear me out mate.........................!
    I really couldnt give a monkeys about points, if thats what you are saying, its the intent behind it that gets to me, someone secretly docking your points in my book means someone is harbouring a grudge, but doesnt want to get into a conflab with you.........................thats what is childish my friend, getting back at you through a scoring system.

Read my ( docked points) posts jim and see that i said nothing that was (really ) any different to other posters on the subject , but my posts were singled out, and its happened before.

The points system is fine as far as i am concerned but it is open to abuse, scrap it and maybe it might make those abusing it come out and have their say, instead of docking points off those who bother to do so.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Aug 12 2010, 23:59

No it was just a general remark on the thread not any one in particular Lew.

I have no problem with the rep points & as i said i never knew you could take them away & i don't think i've ever given any either lol.

But if people are taking away at least have the common decency to say so & why.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Aug 13 2010, 01:18

i never even look at peoples rep points anyway, never understood what there for. just seem to upset people from what i can see
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 13 2010, 01:32

Well, I suppose its a way of rewarding posters for the content of their posts. Its a way of showing your appreciation and leaves a lasting mark on the posters record. Compliments on a posters posts disappear in time as more posts are added. Rep points do not disappear unless someone docks your points. It is also a reward system for posters that post regularly and you know instantly by the Rep points a poster has that he is a regular poster. Just recently I notice Rep points have been given for finding video clips on you tube and putting them on here for others to see. That is a way of rewarding the good job done by a poster in seeking it out on you tube and sharing it on here with everyone else. Posters have a choice. They can either participate in the Rep point system or not. That leaves the ones that want to keep it to carry on with it. Personally I have no problem with keeping it. I think it has a good place on here if it isn't abused.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Aug 13 2010, 01:47

I think it's a great idea and makes you feel a lot better that others appreciate what you have to say or not as the case maybe.
    Perhaps we should just have the plus + & no - then there would be no complaints and no skulduggery.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 13 2010, 01:50

Spot on Mikey, have a rep point lol. Unfortunately we can't have the + without the -.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 14:14