The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The ramos era ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The ramos era ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The ramos era ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The ramos era ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The ramos era ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The ramos era ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The ramos era ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The ramos era ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The ramos era ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The ramos era ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

The ramos era !

The ramos era ! Empty The ramos era !

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:50

I was thinking about the ramos days, and of course how it was all destined to go tits up from the beginning with levy going behind jols back etc etc etc all old news now.

But lets take another look at the ramos period because the bloke just couldnt converse with the players unless it was through gus poyet.

I am thinking then, was it really the gus poyet era, ?

When you look at the circumstances that gus had to fill in for after match interviews, and when ramos did get in front of the cameras he couldnt speak a fcking word of the language.

I am now of the mind that we really didnt get the real potential of ramos as a spurs manager, simply because of the language barrier, yes poyet was the interpreter but as usual things are lost in translation.

Was it really the gus poyet era ?

Just a little change from the "was it " "wasnt it a goal " thats doing the rounds on the main board at the moment. lol!

The ramos era ! Empty Re: The ramos era !

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:28

Aside from being the funniest thing (Ramos being made manager) to happen in the last decade from this side of the fence, you think the ball crossing the line incident on saturday was good luck?
    Jeez, getting rid of him (Ramos) was the most fortunate thing to have ever happened to your club.
    You were that close. Even kLegend had resigned himself to the drop, bigging up trips to Leeds etc away as being a positive outcome from it.
    Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:32

Mark2spark wrote:Aside from being the funniest thing (Ramos being made manager) to happen in the last decade from this side of the fence, you think the ball crossing the line incident on saturday was good luck?
    Jeez, getting rid of him (Ramos) was the most fortunate thing to have ever happened to your club.
    You were that close. Even kLegend had resigned himself to the drop, bigging up trips to Leeds etc away as being a positive outcome from it.
    Rolling Eyes

He couldnt communicate with the players mark.......end of really, he should never have been appointed unless he could learn the lingo fluently, poyet taking after match interviews said it all for me....still he won a cup in his short time with us.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:35

Yep, won a cup he did.
    I won't go there Very Happy

But even at Madrid he didn't accomplish much, with seemingly no language barriers to overcome.

A Graham Taylor type of manager in my book. Ok in the lower leagues at getting useful players to play to their strengths in an organised fashion, but out of their depth when it comes to tactics against teams with flair.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:38

Mark2spark wrote:Yep, won a cup he did.
    I won't go there Very Happy

But even at Madrid he didn't accomplish much, with seemingly no language barriers to overcome.

A Graham Taylor type of manager in my book. Ok in the lower leagues at getting useful players to play to their strengths in an organised fashion, but out of their depth when it comes to tactics against teams with flair.

You wont go there, memories of ar5ena1 mark. lol!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:46

What can you be talking about Lew, i can't remember anything about that? Shocked

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:50

lol!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:52

I'm off now, night mate Sleep
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:55

Light weight lol.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:59

Typical....mention ar5ena1 and they all have memory loss. coolie

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 16:47

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content