The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Drogba Type EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Drogba Type EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Drogba Type EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Drogba Type EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Drogba Type EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Drogba Type EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Drogba Type EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Drogba Type EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Drogba Type EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Drogba Type Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Drogba Type

Poll

Do we need a Drogba?

[ 1 ]
    Drogba Type Bar_left100%Drogba Type Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Drogba Type Bar_left0%Drogba Type Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    Poll closed
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Drogba Type Empty Drogba Type

Post by LOBO Mon Aug 30 2010, 23:37

Why would Redknapp seriously be looking at Luis Fabiano when we have the likes of Defoe Crouch & Pav .

With Keane almost certain to be sold or loaned out we're left with 3 good strikers, but we all know to stand anychance we need 4 strikers, so then why not spend safe and buy someone a lot cheapers than Fabiano , why go after him in the first place, is it because Redknapp feels that the strikers we have are only good box players , Defoe ball to feet anywhere around the 18 yard box is dangerous , pav is more or less the same type of player tends to go wide alot , and crouch is a good target man with his towering leaps will always suit the long ball game when all else fails .

Will Fabiano bring something differant to the field that the other strikers don't , if i was to highlight a weakness in our attack i would have to say we don't have a Drogba type striker , someone that can make something from absolutely nothing, someone big & stronge.. personally i dont think any of our strikers tick that box , but would Fabiano ?

Drogba Type Empty Re: Drogba Type

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31 2010, 00:02

there aint many out there like drogba (thank fcuk) but i hear what your saying, a big agreesive fast forward who terrorises defences is a must in the prem i think, they say this lad carrol at newcastle is that type and is getting good reveiws.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31 2010, 01:18

Could the Columbian striker Teofilo Gutierrez be the one?

Teofilo Gutierrez is twenty five years old and currently plays for Trabzonspor in Turkey. He previously played for Barranquilla FC in the Columbian second division before moving to Junior Barranquilla.

His goal scoring record, albeit in the Columbian league, is excellent. He scored sixteen goals in twenty eight games for Barranquilla FC and forty two in seventy nine for Junior Barranquilla. Since moving to Trabzonspor in January 2010 he’s scored six goals in thirteen games.

Internationally he made his debut for Columbia in August 2009 versus El Salvador. Gutierrez was called up to the national side ahead of Wigan’s Hugo Rodallega and FC Porto’s Falcao. He scored on his debut and then again in his second game, a 2-0 victory over Ecuador in their World Cup 2010 qualification campaign.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 31 2010, 23:35

My Brother phoned me from the UK today. Haven't spoken to him for a while so, after we'd got the 'how's the kids/wife/job/dog out of the way, we got down to some serious chin waggery on the Spurs.

He pretty much took the same view as Jim, feeling that Harry blundered a little here and should have rotated. I can see that view but I can also see the other side too.

Anyway, after picking the bones out of the weekend 'performance' we got round to talking about Drogba. Now I cannot stress just how highly I rate this guy, if there's a better Striker out there then please enlighten me, and he told me something that I didn't know. Apparently Alan Sugar was interviewed just after he handed the reins over to Danny, and during the interview he was asked who he would go for were he still in a position to broker a deal for a player.

He stated that he'd go for a young fella just starting to make his mark over in Marseilles ....................... Drogba.

The bloke who turned down Bergkamp would have bought Drogba before he made his name.

Bugger!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content