The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Ryan Babel EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Ryan Babel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Ryan Babel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Ryan Babel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Ryan Babel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Ryan Babel EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Ryan Babel EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Ryan Babel EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Ryan Babel EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Ryan Babel Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Ryan Babel

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Ryan Babel Empty Ryan Babel

Post by MarkA249 Wed Sep 01 2010, 00:18

We r supposed to be signing him for 9 MILLION eyes hes crap what a joke if Keane goes and weve got Babel Arry has lost it

Ryan Babel Empty Re: Ryan Babel

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 00:47

the guy looked class as a kid mark, i dont think liverpool helped him out much.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:08

burger777 wrote:the guy looked class as a kid mark, i dont think liverpool helped him out much.

I think Liverpool has really under-used him and played him in the wrong position since he has arrived there...i think he could be a good signing for us if we get him

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:16

i think it was in a under 21 competition i watched him play (on telly)he was the player of the tournament i seem to rememeber but was played up top and thru the middle, i aint sure liverpool ever played him there.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:18

Sky Sports News is reporting that Dutch international winger Ryan Babel is heading to White Hart Lane to complete a move to the north London club before the transfer deadline.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:27

SSN's also said he could be signing for the Spammers!
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:52

[quote="DJSR"]SSN's also said he could be signing for the Spammers! [/quote

But why would he go there? Bottom of the league...struggling....and no chance of winning anything !!!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:54

SSN has interview with Harry as he leaves the ground and he says there are no signings in but some loan players out. So that looks like it until January.

Mikey M
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Sep 01 2010, 01:58

totalytot wrote:

SSN has interview with Harry as he leaves the ground and he says there are no signings in but some loan players out. So that looks like it until January.

Mikey M

Yeah but he also said it with quite a smirk on his face....Harry always plays his cards close to his chest.....I think we will sign someone today, maybe 2 !!!!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 02:01

is it up till midnight tonight the deadline or is it 6clock or something.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Sep 01 2010, 02:06

burger777 wrote:is it up till midnight tonight the deadline or is it 6clock or something.

6pm...... but i think if some paperwork has started then it can go on till midnight...not sure about it though

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 02:39

soccernet.espn.go.com

The Holland forward is now heading to north London, when he was previously expected end up in east London as a makeweight for a deal that would take Carlton Cole to Anfield.
    But Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has intercepted Babel and instead of taking a helicopter ride to Upton Park, is now heading in the direction of White Hart Lane.

Redknapp earlier had seemingly made it clear that he would not be buying anyone, insisting that while there might be possible loan deals going out of White Hart Lane, he expected that no major signings would be coming in.

When it became clear that talks were ongoing for Babel to go to West Ham in part-exchange for England striker Cole, for whom the Hammers have also turned down a £9 million bid from Liverpool, it appears that Tottenham changed their mind on a quiet final day to the transfer window.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 03:27

SSN 5:25

Liverpool attacker Ryan Babel has dismissed rumours of a move to Tottenham or West Ham, saying he is 'going nowhere'.

By Wayne Veysey | Chief correspondent
    Aug 31, 2010 5:32:00 PM
    www.goal.com

Ryan Babel has announced on his Twitter site that he will be staying at Liverpool.

The Dutch international has been at the centre of a deadline day transfer tug-o'-war involving Tottenham and West Ham but has ended speculation about his immediate future 80 minutes before the end of the transfer window.

Babel's posts on his Twitter account read: "Guys, guys, guys...I'm going nowhere...LFC all the way...ynwa."

After Goal.com UK revealed that Spurs had made a swoop for the unsettled Liverpool forward, Tottenham followed up their initial enquiry about taking the player on a season-long loan with a £5 million offer.

It is understood that the Anfield club accepted the bid but Tottenham's hopes of bringing the player to White Hart Lane were scuppered by interest from West Ham in making Babel part of a swap deal involving Carlton Cole.

Amid reports that Babel was flying in a helicopter from Merseyside to London, there was strong speculation that the Dutchman was en route to Upton Park rather than Spurs' training ground.

But deals with the London clubs appear to have fallen through and Babel, who joined Liverpool three years ago, is set to remain at Anfield until January at least.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Sep 02 2010, 20:52

[quote="burger777"]i think it was in a under 21 competition i watched him play (on telly)he was the player of the tournament i seem to rememeber but was played up top and thru the middle, i aint sure liverpool ever played him there.

It makes you wonder this one hey?

I remember you goons going to Italy and getting a young French winger who was playing crap at the time.

Didn't 'Man who sucks Lemons' put him up front and turn him into a superstar?

The name was Tewence wasn't it?

Maybe Babel has that in his locker. Wouldn't it just P*ss off the bin dippers if someone came along and did just that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:04