The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Daws...... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Daws...... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Daws...... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Daws...... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Daws...... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Daws...... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Daws...... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Daws...... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Daws...... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Daws...... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Daws......

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Daws...... Empty Daws......

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Sep 04 2010, 20:30

..... any news on the lad??? Really felt for him last night, the pain etched on his face he knew then it could be his season over!!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Daws...... Empty Re: Daws......

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 04 2010, 21:52

I saw the picture and, at the very best, it's cartilage which will mean a few weeks.

The worry though is that it is ligament damage. I snapped both my Anterior and Posterior ligaments back when I was 26. I screamed like a girl when it happened because it felt like my leg had been snapped in half. Absolutely bloody excruciating pain. Judging from the look on his face I'd say that is very close to what has happened to him.

I hope, for his sake and ours, that it's not ligaments, but I fear the worst.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04 2010, 22:25

Anterior Cruciate Ligament, wasnt that what whaor Gazza did?
    He was out for ages!!
    Hope Daws aint away too long
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 04 2010, 22:56

Its not just that but a major injury like that can hit the confidence badly. I hope it isn't that bad but when I looked at him crying out in agony last night I too feared the worst. Looking at the slow motion as he went over it did not look good. Its a shame because the boy was hitting some good form. Billy? Its time to step up to the plate son. You are Yid now.

Daws...... 377381

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 06:13

Copy & pasted below some info on Big, Brave, Mikey D. All I can find at present. Looks like it's the kinda injury that pits Club Vs Country therefore we will hear conflicting reports . . . . .

England defender Michael Dawson has been ruled out of Tuesday's Euro 2012 qualifier in Switzerland after suffering an injury against Bulgaria.

Tottenham say the 26-year-old will be out for six to eight weeks after spraining his left medial knee ligament and a left ankle ligament in the match.

It rules him out of at least three Champions League group matches and several Premier League games.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 05 2010, 12:45

VisionarySound wrote:Copy & pasted below some info on Big, Brave, Mikey D. All I can find at present. Looks like it's the kinda injury that pits Club Vs Country therefore we will hear conflicting reports . . . . .

England defender Michael Dawson has been ruled out of Tuesday's Euro 2012 qualifier in Switzerland after suffering an injury against Bulgaria.

Tottenham say the 26-year-old will be out for six to eight weeks after spraining his left medial knee ligament and a left ankle ligament in the match.

It rules him out of at least three Champions League group matches and several Premier League games.

Believe it or not, that is actually really bloody good news. A sprain means that all he really needs is rest and Physio to get it strengthened again. Ligaments are time injuries, there is no blood flow to them so, unlike muscles, the healing process cannot be sped up. They're like elastic bands and, when overstretched, need time to get back to their original tension.

He won't need an operation, if the prognosis is accurate, and that is terrific news.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content