The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION

HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION Empty HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:29

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has revealed Michael Dawson's devastation at the knee and ankle injuries picked up while playing for England.

Spurs have confirmed that their central defender is facing up to eight weeks on the sidelines after he had to be stretchered from the pitch during England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Bulgaria at Wembley on Friday evening.

Dawson will now miss a significant portion of the Premier League season and also the start of the north London club's inaugural Champions League campaign.

"The boy is absolutely devastated. It is a massive blow for him and the club," Redknapp told the Sunday Mirror.

"I'd like to say something positive about the situation, but other than we initially thought it was a lot worse and he could be out for the season, what can I say?

"We have no idea what is going to take longer to heal, his ankle or his knee. But we are talking months, not weeks.

"It couldn't have come at a worse time for us with crucial games coming thick and fast.

"I'm gutted for him at a time when he has quite rightly been given a chance to stake a claim for regular first-team football for England.

"As for Spurs, words fail me. He is the heartbeat and soul of this club.

"But thank God I went and got William Gallas on a free transfer. It's looking an even better deal now."

www.footballfancast.com
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION Empty Re: HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:33

That is devastating news. Out for months? Lets just hope he is a quick healer.

HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION Empty Re: HARRY REDKNAPP REVEALS MICHAEL DAWSON’S DEVASTATION

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 07:19

He's a big, brave lad and he'll be back as soon as he can with a smile on his face and a spring in his step. Good luck Mikey D and fast healing . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07 2010, 11:12

The Dutch FA said the same about RVP last season.... "up to 8 weeks".... my a**e.... hope Dawson recovers (seriously) It's one of my big bugbears bleeding internationals in the middle of a season... I mean, what would the Euro 12 finals be like if England Germany France Spain Italy (for instance) aren't in it?
    Give them all a bye I say and scrap this stupid qualification nonsense Twisted Evil
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Tue Sep 07 2010, 18:07

Mark2spark wrote:The Dutch FA said the same about RVP last season.... "up to 8 weeks".... my a**e.... hope Dawson recovers (seriously) It's one of my big bugbears bleeding internationals in the middle of a season... I mean, what would the Euro 12 finals be like if England Germany France Spain Italy (for instance) aren't in it?
    Give them all a bye I say and scrap this stupid qualification nonsense Twisted Evil

Must be worse for your lot Mark, with 'em all p*ssing off back to France during the internationals.

Repped for being nice about Daws.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 08:41