The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal

Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal Empty Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 16:56

Tottenham Can Beat Arsenal On All Counts This Season - Rafael Van Der Vaart

Rafael van der Vaart believes Tottenham can beat Arsenal in head-to-head matches as well as on the ladder by season's end...

By Adithya Ananth
    Sep 10, 2010 /www.goal.com

Rafael van der Vaart insists that Tottenham Hotspur can not only get the better of Arsenal in their head-to-head games, but also beat their arch-rivals by finishing in a higher position in the Premier League.

The midfielder recently made a controversial £8 million move from Real Madrid, as Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was under the scanner for the chase that eventually led to securing the player's signature.

With the chain of events having taken their course, the 27-year-old Dutchman now plays for the White Hart Lane faithful, and is expected to make his Premier League debut against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

"Arsenal have a great team also, a lot of great young players," Van der Vaart said, according to The Mirror.

"But I think our squad is not worse than Arsenal's so I think we have a good chance to win against them.

"And not only win the game against them but also, over the whole season, we can aspire to beat them."

With a League Cup tie between the two sides less than a fortnight away, the midfielder conceded that fell Netherlands international and Gunners striker Robin van Persie had helped him come to terms with the magnitude of the north London derby - particularly more so this season as both sides are also going to brush shoulders with Europe's elite clubs in the Champions League.

"I already spoke with Robin and he said it is the greatest derby in the world," added the former Ajax midfielder. "We will see, I'm looking forward to playing in the derby."

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 19:18