The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
how we feel now EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
how we feel now EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
how we feel now EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
how we feel now EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
how we feel now EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
how we feel now EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
how we feel now EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
how we feel now EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
how we feel now EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

how we feel now Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOBO
philip
BazSpur
shearspur
8 posters

how we feel now

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

how we feel now Empty how we feel now

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 26 2010, 09:07

tues night was there for the taking, but no lets put out a weakend team and save our best for sat v spams, what a joke or was he saving our top team for the mighty fc twente next week. len said it all last week and was dissmissed, whatever comp were in we should play our best team and i agree, are we to big for the cc now i dont think so and i wouldnt mind another trip to wembley in it. will we win the league- no. will we win the champs league- no will we finish 4th , on this showing no. im going to our next home game v villa and i just pray harrys sorted the team he wants by then

how we feel now Empty Re: how we feel now

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26 2010, 09:27

well said. i thought he saved king and galas for today game but nope. so why didnt they play last tuesday.

surley harry must of thought fc twenty at home is the easyer game on paper. now look at the presure if we lose that one.

i would of taken a lose or a draw aganst fc twenty for spurs to have got 3points today. after chels a*se livepool al droppin points we would be up to 3rd now. but we could get in trouble as we aint played anyone of note yet.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 26 2010, 09:42

he seems to be mucking about with the team so much that no one knows whats going on now. are players being rested? if so for what, fc twente. we thought they were rested for todays game, what a joke. no one knows whats going on lets get a first 11 and bloody stick to it bar injurys or it just creates uncertainty with the players. yeah you can drop a few when lesser matches come up but this in out isnt working.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 26 2010, 10:17

Its all getting messy. Arry is losing sight of the real battle. The Prem.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Sep 26 2010, 10:28

shearspur wrote:he seems to be mucking about with the team so much that no one knows whats going on now. are players being rested? if so for what, fc twente. we thought they were rested for todays game, what a joke. no one knows whats going on lets get a first 11 and bloody stick to it bar injurys or it just creates uncertainty with the players. yeah you can drop a few when lesser matches come up but this in out isnt working.

YES HARRY SHOULD REALISE HOW WE FANS FEEL, LOSING TO ARSENAL AND WESTHAM WITHIN A WEEK IS NOT ACCEPTABLE HE CAN STICK HIS CL PREPARATIONS UP HIS ***E IT IS NOT AS IF WE ARE CERTAIN WIN THE CL CUP

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26 2010, 10:52

it seem like he was doing the spammers a favour today.

if he keeps sayin he would take the england job then how does he expect hes players heads to be in the right place if hes isnt

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 26 2010, 21:29

Im going to make a bold prediction, i think Redknapp will walk or get fired within the next month if things dont improve, levy will bring in Alex Mcleish and get us playing football.

Remember this, No manager is bigger than the club

Managers come and go, the club and the fans remain for ever.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 26 2010, 23:05

Okay weve not set the world alight with some of our performances and I too will say so when thats the case .... But I do think we should look at the premeirship table as it stands this minute ...We're 3 points off second place , not 2 points from 24 and at the bottom !

Yes it was the Goons and the Spammers the two teams I hate most so its hard to take but I do think this, 'Harry is disregarding the premeirship' is a little over blown ?... I dont get it, we've lost Gomes also Dawson and Defoe ( England duty, stupid Harry ) then theres Lennons recent form which has been subdued since his injury and world cup but we want two, no, thats DEMAND, back two back thrashings of our near rivals and we want Harry to deliver it on a plate ! We also want Harry to thrash that rubbish dutch outfit on Wednesday by at least a youngboys at home scoreline ...Yeah 4-0, that will do, why not? And next week we want to see a perhaps resurgent Aston Villa under a new manager given another 4 or 5 tonking !

Meanwhile we dont want to see our manager dare try any system other than 4-4-2 even if many of us moaners were asking that he try a one up front formation ...

We dont want to see Harry rest any first teamer even if he thinks the player needs rest, well not if theres a Carling Cup match on ! Yep just like last season where our first team got beat by a United second string we put out a first team in the CC and its a given , we win everytime ,,,yeah okay ... Bale dont need resting and neither does my carthorse, get him out on the pitch, Bale that is not the horse ...

We're played 6 ...won 2 drawn 2 Lost 2 .....dissapointed and we all know we need to be better but we now have a CL group game that on paper is our easiest group game so a must win .. FC Twente aint Barca but they aint rubbish either , lose this one and we will really be up against in the competition and perhaps this is why Harry protected King and Gallas yesterday ?...

Onwards to Wednesday ..coys

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 00:43

philip wrote:
    shearspur wrote:he seems to be mucking about with the team so much that no one knows whats going on now. are players being rested? if so for what, fc twente. we thought they were rested for todays game, what a joke. no one knows whats going on lets get a first 11 and bloody stick to it bar injurys or it just creates uncertainty with the players. yeah you can drop a few when lesser matches come up but this in out isnt working.

YES HARRY SHOULD REALISE HOW WE FANS FEEL, LOSING TO ARSENAL AND WESTHAM WITHIN A WEEK IS NOT ACCEPTABLE HE CAN STICK HIS CL PREPARATIONS UP HIS ***E IT IS NOT AS IF WE ARE CERTAIN WIN THE CL CUP

I think he knows how the fans feel phil ! its drummed into him from the terraces ! lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Sep 27 2010, 09:05

ArnieArdiles wrote: Okay weve not set the world alight with some of our performances and I too will say so when thats the case .... But I do think we should look at the premeirship table as it stands this minute ...We're 3 points off second place , not 2 points from 24 and at the bottom !

Yes it was the Goons and the Spammers the two teams I hate most so its hard to take but I do think this, 'Harry is disregarding the premeirship' is a little over blown ?... I dont get it, we've lost Gomes also Dawson and Defoe ( England duty, stupid Harry ) then theres Lennons recent form which has been subdued since his injury and world cup but we want two, no, thats DEMAND, back two back thrashings of our near rivals and we want Harry to deliver it on a plate ! We also want Harry to thrash that rubbish dutch outfit on Wednesday by at least a youngboys at home scoreline ...Yeah 4-0, that will do, why not? And next week we want to see a perhaps resurgent Aston Villa under a new manager given another 4 or 5 tonking !

Meanwhile we dont want to see our manager dare try any system other than 4-4-2 even if many of us moaners were asking that he try a one up front formation ...

We dont want to see Harry rest any first teamer even if he thinks the player needs rest, well not if theres a Carling Cup match on ! Yep just like last season where our first team got beat by a United second string we put out a first team in the CC and its a given , we win everytime ,,,yeah okay ... Bale dont need resting and neither does my carthorse, get him out on the pitch, Bale that is not the horse ...

We're played 6 ...won 2 drawn 2 Lost 2 .....dissapointed and we all know we need to be better but we now have a CL group game that on paper is our easiest group game so a must win .. FC Twente aint Barca but they aint rubbish either , lose this one and we will really be up against in the competition and perhaps this is why Harry protected King and Gallas yesterday ?...

Cracking post Arnie.

Damn shame it's going to fall on deaf ears though with the usual suspects.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 10:32

every league game we have played crap apart from man c. we got lucky aganst stoke. lucky aganst wolves. the fact we started so bad should of meant harry pickin either king ot galas on saturday.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 11:06

Man City aside we have only played poor sides and look at how many points we have picked up. To get back on track we will have to beet two of the top four, and it aint going to happen. We desperately needed to to sign a good striker and a top centre half in the summer and didn't. I think this may come back to haunt us.

Whats more every time Darren Bent scores another goal I get even angrier as selling him was one of the most stupid things we ever did. What other club would sell their top goal scorer based on the fact he didn't play pretty football ?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Sep 27 2010, 18:17

ArnieArdiles wrote: Okay weve not set the world alight with some of our performances and I too will say so when thats the case .... But I do think we should look at the premeirship table as it stands this minute ...We're 3 points off second place , not 2 points from 24 and at the bottom !

Well said Arnie have a point.

Wednesday another important game and it isn't as easy as it looks on paper. They did win the Dutch league and that made them better than Ajax and Fiennord(?). The prem and the CC are our main priorities, cups would be nice but we want what we haven't had for years a regular top 4 place and maybe top. We will not go to far in the CC but we have to give it our best shot and find out how good or not we are.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27 2010, 21:13

Brilliant post Arnie. It seems that people are questioning the players & managements ability when only 4 months ago at the end of May many where saying it's the best squad & management for many a year. Didn't see the weekends game but I did see that the teams around us who we want to compete with (the 3 teams who finished above us last May) had defeats at home, away, and a draw. I've seen posts complaining about the CC team & result when fans wanted to see changes & different systems and fans had also said that this was a competition that didn't matter this season. Can't quite get my head around the sudden shift . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 27 2010, 21:29

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]
    Man City aside

and heres the reason we played so well against Citeh

Spurs (4-4-2): Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon (Giovani, 77), Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Crouch (Keane, 68), Defoe (Pavlyuchenko, 68)
    Subs not used: Cudicini, Bassong, Kaboul, Palacios

heres the team against the Hammers, spot any differences?

Spurs: Cudicini; Hutton, Bassong, Corluka, Bale; Modric, Jenas, Huddlestone, Lennon (Keane, 66); Van der Vaart (Giovani, 78); Crouch (Pavlyuchenko, 80). Unused: Pletikosa, Kranjcar, Sandro, Palacios.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 27 2010, 21:34

[quote="djfitzo"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:
    Man City aside

and heres the reason we played so well against Citeh

Spurs (4-4-2): Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon (Giovani, 77), Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Crouch (Keane, 68), Defoe (Pavlyuchenko, 68)
    Subs not used: Cudicini, Bassong, Kaboul, Palacios

heres the team against the Hammers, spot any differences?

Spurs: Cudicini; Hutton, Bassong, Corluka, Bale; Modric, Jenas, Huddlestone, Lennon (Keane, 66); Van der Vaart (Giovani, 78); Crouch (Pavlyuchenko, 80). Unused: Pletikosa, Kranjcar, Sandro, Palacios.

And we still only lost 1-0, remember the good old days of losing by threes and fours? i do, so with a severly weakend team, we lost by the odd goal and Green made some great saves, but no, we are in dire straits all of a sudden.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 28 2010, 09:19

[quote="VisionarySound"]

Brilliant post Arnie. It seems that people are questioning the players & managements ability when only 4 months ago at the end of May many where saying it's the best squad & management for many a year. Didn't see the weekends game but I did see that the teams around us who we want to compete with (the 3 teams who finished above us last May) had defeats at home, away, and a draw. I've seen posts complaining about the CC team & result when fans wanted to see changes & different systems and fans had also said that this was a competition that didn't matter this season. Can't quite get my head around the sudden shift . . . . .

Thanks for your replies Vis , Mikey and Ion ... I just feel that sometimes our expectations have to be adjusted from game to game depending on the situation ...... Finishing fourth last season does not mean we will always beat the Wigans ( ask Chelsea fans ) .........Against LeArse as Lew has said in another post , our starting line-up didnt look like it could get us through to the next round ... I'm sure deep down Harry knows he couldve done better in that one and with the Spammers , our backline practicaly picked itself .. We only conceded one , just like last season and Robert Green had his best day in a long time ....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 00:22