The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Easy games and poor sides!!! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Easy games and poor sides!!! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Easy games and poor sides!!!

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Easy games and poor sides!!! Empty Easy games and poor sides!!!

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Sep 28 2010, 17:21

I keep reading this, how we've only played poor sides and these are easy games we should be winning. Sinse when did we have a divine right to turn over the so called lesser teams, their aint NO EASY games in this leauge guys, just look at West Brom Saturday beating Arsenal in their own manor, look at Bolton, Everton and Fulhan all taking points off Man utd and City who we out played 1st game turning Chelsea over, Look at the start Blackpool have made so am sorry lads but easy games and poorer sides are a thing of the past and points have to earned in this leauge!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Easy games and poor sides!!! Empty Re: Easy games and poor sides!!!

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 18:16

Funnily enough I was having that same discussion with my brother on Sunday. There seems to have been a sea change in the Prem. Teams that used to be looked on as a pushover no longer are.. I have been guilty myself of saying we should beat this team and that team. The problem is its not so easy anymore and of course its all good for football isn't it? It means its not a foregone conclusion for any team to win anymore. Somebody posted about a divine right to win and I agree in the past certain teams thought all they had to do was turn up. Not any more, that has changed and the Prem is much tighter now than it has ever been before. However, if one team can put a run of five wins together the gap they will open up would be huge. That's how tight it is. Its all good for football and it means that an outsider could spring a surprise. Unlikely I know but it could happen.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 28 2010, 19:08

Thats why West Ham are where they are, can get themselves up for a game against us, but have been poor against most of the other teams they have played and some of that is down to the fans, they hate us and always up the noise when they play us, which inspires the players.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:48

small teams are inproving all the time. I agree theres no easy game in the prem anymore. thats why when your at home aganst a lesser side you need to score early.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Sep 29 2010, 16:17

I think you're on the money here Lee. However, we do have to look at the games that we've lost and say to ourselves that they really are 6 points dropped. We hammered Wigan home and away last term. They let in 10 goals in 2 games, without scoring one themselves, before coming to WHL and not only do they outplay us in intervals, but they go on to win whilst shutting us out.

West Ham away is always a hard fought one for us, but they have leaked goals in every game they've played .............. Until we come along, then they get their first clean sheet, probably their only clean sheet, of the season.

They may not be easy, but they should be far harder for the team we're facing don't you think?

At the moment we can't buy a goal in the league, and that may just cost us extremely dearly if we don't rectify it. Once rectified the games may not get easier, but the results will be the right ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 23:50