The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Todays game EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Todays game EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Todays game EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Todays game EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Todays game EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Todays game EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Todays game EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Todays game EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Todays game EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Todays game Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Todays game

Todays game Empty Todays game

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 03:14

OK a slow start and didn't really wake up until Villa had scored but after that there was only 1 team who where going take the 3 points and that was. Up to 5th place and deservedly so. VDV was simply outstanding again. This guy has what it takes to become one of our all time greats. Gomes had very little to do but what he did do was safe. Hutton was excellent bot occasionally seems to get caught out of posistion when going forward, but also has the pace to recover and get back. Ekotto had another tidy game with only the odd lapse of concentration. Bassong was great. The only recognised centre-half and did his job with aplomb. Thudd looks uneasy at C/H but done his job well & we do miss his passing when he plays here. Moddle was good. I think it was Shear & Arnie who pointed out his off the ball contribution on Wednesday and this was apparent today, as was his on the ball play. Jay-Narse had a good time, mostly tidy & dilligent and even inventive at times. Is he starting to become the player he has the poetential to be ???. Bale was Bale was Bale was great, and what we now expect from him, shame about the silly booking at the end. Crouch was his usual self & had a head/hand in both goals but he did have a couple of clear cut chances that he should've done much, much better with. Pavy looked up for it from the start and unless he had a little niggle it was a tactical masterstroke from 'arry to bring him off. Unfortunate for Pavy as he deserved to stay on the pitch. Lennon showed touches of his old self and also, at times, the general malaise that seems to be affecting his game of late but over-all he can take confidence from today and hopefully move forward. Sgt Wilson came on and gave extra insurance thro' the middle of the park for the closing stages and Sandra just didn't have enough time to make any kind of impression. All told a very good afternoon's work. My only gripe is seeing Spurs players surrounding a Ref and questioning his decision in cards when Collins hacked down Lennon. This is a side of the game, I personally, do not like to see . . . . .

Todays game Empty Re: Todays game

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 03:24

wow i agree with everything you said. modric does so much but it goes unoticed. hes little passing and movemnt of the ball. im glad hes back. jenas was great. huttin did get caught out but had a good game.

im glad you noticed how well pav was playing. we deserved the win. we only got 1 point in this fixture last season so thats a positve lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 03 2010, 03:33

first time in a while you can actually see the team is working , before we used to be able to sit down and list all the lazy bast*rds in the side, Harry i think has got them working hard of the ball making little runs, jenas "i nearly wrote jesus then " & Hutton are playing there best football in there career at THFC atm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:50