The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo Empty Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 26 2010, 21:41

Ok thats the defender deal done now we need a striker and were in buisness

Posted on 26/10/2010
    Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo SetWidth150-bonganikhumalo
    Tottenham Hotspur have announced a pre-contract agreement with Supersport United to sign Bongani Khumalo in January. The 23-year-old defender went on trial with Spurs in September after impressing at the World Cup.

Khumalo was one of the stand out performers for South Africa, scoring against France to help his country produce a memorable result against the 1998 World Cup winners.

Harry Redknapp was impressed with the 23-year-old and the player will now join the club when the transfer window reopens, if he is able to obtain a work permit.

A statement on Tottenham's official website read. "We are delighted to announce that we have reached a pre-contract agreement with SuperSport United for the transfer of Bongani Khumalo to the club in January 2011 subject to a work permit being granted.

"The club has enjoyed a successful association with Supersport United having formed a long-term partnership with the South African champions back in 2007."

Harry Redknapp, who has had to deal with injuries to Michael Dawson and Ledley King, identified the defender as a great squad player who could provide cover across the back four.

"He's not expensive. We had him over on trial and we like him. He's got potential and we've got a tie-up with the club SuperSport so we've taken him on," declared the Spurs boss last month.

"It will be a great chance for the kid. He's a great lad. He comes from a poor background and he's desperate for a chance and we're going to give him a chance."

It is believed that Tottenham will pay in the region of £1.5 million for the powerful defender.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo Empty Re: Spurs Agree Deal for Khumalo

Post by SuneJim Tue Oct 26 2010, 21:56

A tough cookie that's for sure but i'm not quite convinced quality wise to be honest. He's a typical African big, strong, fast but technically i'm not impressed. But he is young so theres plenty of room for improvment.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 26 2010, 23:16

SuneJim wrote:A tough cookie that's for sure but i'm not quite convinced quality wise to be honest. He's a typical African big, strong, fast but technically i'm not impressed. But he is young so theres plenty of room for improvment.

hes been on trial at spurs since sept , we've seen a lot of players on trial in the past that havent made it, either we're desperate or the club can see he has a lot to offer , and he scored a brillaint headed goal against france at the WC , he reminds me of a young Gallas

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Wed Oct 27 2010, 01:40

im not too sure either, similar type to samba of blackburn from what im hearing. big,quick,aggressive and no doubt give his all, but aint cute enough for the prem imo. hope im wrong but not doing cartwheels at this one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 21:34