The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Cattermole.... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Cattermole.... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Cattermole.... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Cattermole.... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Cattermole.... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Cattermole.... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Cattermole.... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Cattermole.... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Cattermole.... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Cattermole.... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Cattermole....

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Cattermole.... Empty Cattermole....

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Nov 10 2010, 18:08

.... there should be no place on a football pitch for this fella let alone be a captain of a side, he's a thug and nothing but. I had an arguement with half the fcuking club last night about that naughty tackle on Modric, his foot was a good 10 inches off the ground over the top of the ball to catch the man. Knew exactly what he was doing hes just a nasty piece of work!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Cattermole.... Empty Re: Cattermole....

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:19

HotspurRoper wrote:.... there should be no place on a football pitch for this fella let alone be a captain of a side, he's a thug and nothing but. I had an arguement with half the fcuking club last night about that naughty tackle on Modric, his foot was a good 10 inches off the ground over the top of the ball to catch the man. Knew exactly what he was doing hes just a nasty piece of work!

and it aint the first time Ropes, but it was coward webb and then he books Bentley for diving when a clear pen.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:14

i thought he got the ball
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:29

Yes, Lought you're right, he got the ball but he went in with his studs showing and his foot rolled off the ball onto Modric's knee ... It's a leg breaker and if Cattermole hadn't first made contact with ball before the studs hit our player's knee, Modders wouldve been out of action for a couple of months at the very least ..
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought he got the ball

Intent Lought, thats what the laws say and Cattermole had only one thought in his mind, the same
    thought he has every time he plays.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:43

if a spurs player had done that we would al be goiing what a great tackle. graham roberts would of done that we would be goin great tackle what a spurs player
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 04:00

Loughtonlegend wrote:if a spurs player had done that we would al be goiing what a great tackle. graham roberts would of done that we would be goin great tackle what a spurs player

Thats because Roberts was hard, but fair, Cattermole is neither of those , I cant believe your defending him Lought, still anything to moan about Spurs eh.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Nov 11 2010, 04:25

It was disgusting challenge if Modders had not jumped season ended

LUKA MODRIC has hit out at Sunderland's Lee Cattermole by blasting: You could have ended my career!
    The Black Cats captain put in a studs-first tackle in last night's 1-1 Premier League draw at White Hart Lane which Modric claims could easily have broken his leg.

Midfielder Cattermole was shown a yellow card for the 69th-minute incident, which sparked a brief melee between opposing players.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was adamant Cattermole should have been sent off for the third time this season, while opposite number Steve Bruce was equally convinced the challenge was fair.

But Modric — who stayed down for some time following the tackle — left no doubt where he stood.

The Croatian playmaker said: "Players who tackle like that need to think before making a tackle because they can ruin careers of friends and professionals.

"He should have been sent off. I can't show you now but there is a big swelling on my knee and he should have got a red card but the referee decided differently.

"When you see tackles like that, it is a little upsetting, and if they are not punished properly then even more so.

"For now, it is a little bit sore but I hope it will settle down.

"I jumped and if I stayed with my legs on the floor it would have been even worse, but I got out of the way at the last second.

"Maybe if I stayed on the floor I would have broken my leg but I jumped and that has probably saved me.

"Thank God everything finished well."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3221197/Luka-Modric-Lee-Cattermole-could-have-ended-my-career.html#ixzz14tx0ABWj

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 05:29

He got the ball, just, but he got Lil Luka as well. My feeling is his intention was to take both as throughly & hard as he could.. Not a pretty tackle but no serious damage so in retrospecr Cowerd Webb just about called it right. But a split-second later and it could have been a career ending challenge. It's a very fine line between hard & fair and reckless & stupid. Cattermole walks this line regulary. I also thought VDV was going to booked for his reaction and that says a lot of how other players on the pitch percieved the tackle . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 06:29

i just thought he went in hard. them challanges you have to take the ball 1st and he did. if a spurs player had been sent of for that we be all moaning take the spurs blinkers off
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 06:50

Studs to the ball .....its foul play.......FIFA refs (international games) or in the La Liga, Cattermole walks ...english refs more lenient ....

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:30

i just see this again on match of the day and i was wrong cattermoll def lifts hes foot up to hurt him. the guy is a thug. did anyone see barton tonight hes another idiot punchin the blackburn guy and getting away with it

then cesc should of got a red tonight but the ref wont but he would of if it had been a wolves player

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:32

big mick had a chance to moan but said he likes tackles well thats why refs send your players off because you dont moan,

imagine if it had been one of hes players wenger would be telling whoever would listen.
    these english managers need to stop this a*se lickin of wenger and fergie.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Nov 11 2010, 18:05

Im pleased you've changed your opinion on the tackle Lought, You said in an earlier post "take your Spurs tinted glsses off, if a Spurs player had done that we would be raving a about it" Not me mate, i would not and will not condone any sort of tackle like that.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 21:04

this is our friend Lee Cattermole

Cattermole has already been sent off twice this season – on the opening day of the season and in his second League game back after suspension – and has received a total of five red cards in two and a half seasons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:39