The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Not just the strikers EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Not just the strikers EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Not just the strikers EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Not just the strikers EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Not just the strikers EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Not just the strikers EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Not just the strikers EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Not just the strikers EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Not just the strikers EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Not just the strikers Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Not just the strikers

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Not just the strikers Empty Not just the strikers

Post by seebee1944 Wed Nov 10 2010, 23:31

Every one seems to be blaming the strikers for poor league form and yes I do agree but what about our atrocious defending. Kaboul and Gallas are simply not good enough and Ekotto goes to sleep too often. Hutton is o.k going forward but defensive positioning is not good. The last three league games we have given away laughable goals including last night. It is my opinion that we need to get a good c.b in January cos obviously cannot rely on King and Woodgate. Dawsons injury hasn't helped but frankly we played Bassong as back up last season and got 4th but now he doesn't seem to be an option other than on the bench. Gallas wasn't good enough for Woolwich Wanderers so why should he be for us and Kaboul wasn't good enough for us a couple of seasons ago and he certainly hasn't improved. End of rant
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Not just the strikers Empty Re: Not just the strikers

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 00:32

seebee1944 wrote:

Every one seems to be blaming the strikers for poor league form and yes I do agree but what about our atrocious defending. Kaboul and Gallas are simply not good enough and Ekotto goes to sleep too often. Hutton is o.k going forward but defensive positioning is not good. The last three league games we have given away laughable goals including last night. It is my opinion that we need to get a good c.b in January cos obviously cannot rely on King and Woodgate. Dawsons injury hasn't helped but frankly we played Bassong as back up last season and got 4th but now he doesn't seem to be an option other than on the bench. Gallas wasn't good enough for Woolwich Wanderers so why should he be for us and Kaboul wasn't good enough for us a couple of seasons ago and he certainly hasn't improved. End of rant

Have to disagree mate, we still have a good defending record in the prem this season so far, have a look at the goals against in the league table and we compare favourably, we just dont score enough goals, to be honest, if you look at the goal scoring records at the mom, its mainly midfielders.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 00:50

I have to sort of agree with seebee here dj !i dont have much confidence in the present defence other than ekotto who can be brilliant and then has a nightmare game, i wont be happy until king and daws are in the mix, and (touching wood) woodgate comes back wholly 100% fit.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 01:05

lewspurs wrote:

I have to sort of agree with seebee here dj !i dont have much confidence in the present defence other than ekotto who can be brilliant and then has a nightmare game, i wont be happy until king and daws are in the mix, and (touching wood) woodgate comes back wholly 100% fit.

But Lew, fact is we are letting in not many more then the top teams and better then most, do you remember not so long ago we was minus god knows what in the league, as I said we just dont score enough and I have a feeling that once Defoe is back, not just for his goals, but his dragging of defenders away from areas and then in January possibly outing Keane and getting another striker in,
    we should see an improvement, most teams are winning games with their midfielders scoring, as are we.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 01:19

Totally agree its the striker problem dj, but the defence is makeshift and is prone to the odd gaff, so if we do manage to score a goal we are almost guaranteed to concede one too, so in my mind both things are a problem.

I have confidence in gallas but he has been thrown to the lions and hasnt even been 100 per cent fit, and kaboul is a stand in player in my opinion, and these two are our main means of keeping clean sheets .

I have top say hutton has improved defensively this season and ekotto is ekotto, great support for bale but does have his crazy moments.

The whole thing is dj, in my opinion summed up by saying we have a large squad, but they arent all quality players, and look how many quality players we have lost to injury ?

Get daws, defoe, lennon and king back and we can kick on again.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 02:35

lewspurs wrote:

Totally agree its the striker problem dj, but the defence is makeshift and is prone to the odd gaff, so if we do manage to score a goal we are almost guaranteed to concede one too, so in my mind both things are a problem.

I have confidence in gallas but he has been thrown to the lions and hasnt even been 100 per cent fit, and kaboul is a stand in player in my opinion, and these two are our main means of keeping clean sheets .

I have top say hutton has improved defensively this season and ekotto is ekotto, great support for bale but does have his crazy moments.

The whole thing is dj, in my opinion summed up by saying we have a large squad, but they arent all quality players, and look how many quality players we have lost to injury ?

Get daws, defoe, lennon and king back and we can kick on again.

Ah, that requires patience and that is sadly lacking in Spurs fan psyche

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Nov 11 2010, 05:31

I don't think our goals against does compare favourably only two teams in the top half have conceded more. As regards patience I've been going to Spurs over 50 years don't think after all the false dawns we've had I can be much more patient.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 19:43