The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Our team lacks  back bone EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Our team lacks  back bone EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Our team lacks  back bone EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Our team lacks  back bone Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Our team lacks back bone

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Our team lacks  back bone Empty Our team lacks back bone

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 00:40

If you look at the current squad who can you point to and say he is our Roy keane , or John terry , or even Scott parker, who in our team spits feathers and dsiputes ever single descission on the pitch, someone that shouts and screams at the other players to get in posistion or mark a player, who is that leader in our team of nice players ?

every team has that Roy keane player , we dont have that player on the pitch to drive the other players to die for the cause, and player that can scream at the other players and they listen without taking offense , who do we have in the team ,seriously who?

in the summer Redknapp was trying to sign Scott parker but alot of people didnt want him cos he wasnt world class enough for us, i tell you this now i wish we had bought him for his leadership skills alone and his absolute die for attitude that cant be bought or taught, your either born with it or not.

looking at the other prem teams everyone of them has a hard man general type, even newcastle has that nutta Barton.. we dont have anyone that comes to mind , we have good skilled players, but no leaders like a galvin or a Mabbutt . i think this is the problem

Our team lacks  back bone Empty Re: Our team lacks back bone

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 01:25

Scott parker would be a good buy for spurs but whether the spams will sell is debatable.

Maybe offering them a couple of players like keane and bentley might do the business ? who knows.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 02:38

lewspurs wrote:

Scott parker would be a good buy for spurs but whether the spams will sell is debatable.

Maybe offering them a couple of players like keane and bentley might do the business ? who knows.

Afraid not Lew, I mentioned in a previous post the guy is out for money and that alone.
    His supposed to be a Spurs fan and we have bid for him every time since he left Charlton

Chelski, went for the money

Newcastle, went for the money

West Ham, went for the money when the biscuit men were there and has stayed because his was offered more money.

Not for me mate.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 04:20

There is a rumour that Harry wants to bring in Van Bommel ...

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 05:32

Now that may just work Arnie (Snejder as well would be nice. An orange triumpherate). Who do we sacrifice in midfield for him tho' . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:11

oh leave it out van brommel is a thug. hes just a dirty player and would offer us nuffing.

and dj its nice somone else has rememberd all the times parker has turned as down. and hes meant to be a spurs fan
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:17

O Hara could the that job when he comes back dont laugh im not joking and swap Keane for Kevin Davies sick of him scoring past us lol!

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:19

ohara a decent player and we could of done with him this season
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 07:47

Im not advocating Van Bommel , its just what Ive read in the gossip footy columns.. Rolling Eyes

I dont think its the lack of backbone thats causing our bad results but our play in the final third so for me , it's firepower upfront is what we need most... Surprised

We actualy move the ball from defence to our opponents box very well but then what ? scratch

To me our forward play is way to predictible as more often than not , when we get it out to the wings and Crouch is playing , he peels off to the far post waiting for the cross.....This for the most part is meat and drink to premeirship defences. It may work against the Young boys and such , it may even occasionaly work against the Villa and others, afterall the law of averages is on its side?

Pav , thou not the finished article offers much more on the edge of the box and if he gets a sniff of goal is most likely of all our forwards to hit the back of the net .. Defoe offers movement and power , he also offers pace which neither the other two have ...

There is a thread about VDV and how we have adapted our game to fit him in but I dont believe that's the case , more the case we have adapted our attacking style to accomodate the throw it into the mixer ball for Crouch tactic and there are plenty of Spurs fans that aint to happy about it ...

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 08:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:oh leave it out van brommel is a thug. hes just a dirty player and would offer us nuffing.

and dj its nice somone else has rememberd all the times parker has turned as down. and hes meant to be a spurs fan

And what where players like Roy Keane, vierra or as far back as Souness Lought ? Thugs who drove their teams onto Championships by giving steel & leadership in the centre of the pitch . . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Nov 11 2010, 08:01

Agree totally Arnie rep for that and love the avatar too lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 09:48

<P> </P>
    <P> Cheers Mark .... honestly mate , all this looking at ways to improve our team and squad is getting silly ...Granted we're not perfect but theres not much wrong and for me there is but one reason and  one  reason alone why we're struggling at the moment .....  </P>
    <P> </P>

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:14

cant say much about souness cos i didnt see him play but the other 2 in there day where great players. van bromel isnt

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 10:18