The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Question for lought ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Question for lought ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Question for lought ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Question for lought ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Question for lought ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Question for lought ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Question for lought ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Question for lought ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Question for lought ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Question for lought ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
BazSpur
6 posters

Question for lought !

Question for lought ! Empty Question for lought !

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30 2010, 06:32

Lought ! why is it that apart from modric and pav ! (might be others ) pardon me for forgetting ! but that you have a go about every spurs player and that the stats tell a tale that only you can understand, also that the grass is so much greener on the pitch that adel plays on?

This smells of the word fickle that has been the merry subject on here for many a month.

Lought why cant you see that harry and his players have spurs in a great position, and thats without adel, what can the fcking bloke do apart from winning at places like arsenal and taking the points off a revitalised liverpool, and have us in the last 16 of the champions league.

What the fck would you be saying about a spurs team struggling halfway up the prem and relying on domestic cup runs for a taste of success.

Lets put it plain lought because i actually like you as a poster on here, but it doesnt matter what the players do, lennon, defoe, crouch and co etc arent good enough for you, why dont you look at the wage bill of man city, liverpool and man utd, and wonder how we are parleying up there with them without the wage bill those clubs have respectively.

Harry is doing wonders in a job with people like you knocking his players left right and centre , but still they are locking horns with the elite of europe and beating them easily, would you go back to the dark ages of graham, gross and hoddle ?

I can actually talk to fans of other clubs with some credability now, and hear how they hope modric,vdv and bale
    are injured, because we have a good team for the first time in years, and can contest the same comps as the goons , chelsea and the man utd,s of this world.

Knock harry and his players all you want, but this is a great time to be a spurs fan, i personally dont want harry to go , although many voices out there want him out from tottenham and into the england cauldron, and thats because they want the old order of the goons, chelsea and liverpool, man utd back to where they were, we are a thorn in their side with harry and they hate it........... Pride

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Question for lought ! Empty Re: Question for lought !

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 30 2010, 06:42

Great post Lew. REPPED.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30 2010, 08:05

i do praise spurs players when they play well. liverpool are rubbish without gerrard. torres is so out of form its scary. carrgigar on hes last legs so winning yesterday was expected even if we rode our luck at times.

I think harrys doing a good job. but i wish he come out and say no he dont want the england job. surley this spurs sqaud is the best job hes ever had. would he really walk out to go and manage england with the overpaid overrated players and then wait every 2 years for a major comp. .

hansen once said that defoe is not a natural finniser. and i agree with him. im glad hes back because we missed somone with hes pace and running but wish he would score more goals.

take away lennon speed and he has nuffin same as walcot.
    anderton was twice the player he was before he got hes injuries. he was brillant for spurs when he was played as a winger. not much pace but could cross the ball. plus he scored loads and always played well for england.

i belive harry is a lucky manager which is not a bad thing to have

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Nov 30 2010, 15:05

take away lennon speed and he has nuffin same as walcot.

Lought, in the immortal words of the Prophet ........................

What a load of old Bollox!

You said this about Lennon after his first season, when he was being double teamed. I guess the rest of the Prem must have forgotten to double mark him for the first half of last season because he was eating fullbacks for breakfast.

Now he is on the comeback road from injury and a loss of form directly linked to the World Cup debacle, and is beginning to find his form again. Whilst he is doing this we can now see that he has added another dimension to his game, and that is to pull players out of positiion and allow Hutton room to hit them running from deep.

Try watching the Pool game, with that in mind, and see how he drifts into the middle, pulling his marker(s) with him, to allow Hutton room. Excellent tactics that caused Konchesky and Rodriguez all sorts of grief.

He has a brain, he has a quality final ball and he has the speed to back it up.

Try taking the Adel specs off then you might actually begin to SEE the qualities that are littered throughout this Spurs squad, rather than slagging off every player except your favourites .................. Which really boils down to 2 players, one of which doesn't even play for us.

Seriously mate, what does it take to please you?

Bollox to Taarabt. He was a Spurs player, he isn't now. That puts him in the same bracket as Paul Konchesky! Yes, I rated him as a highly skilled player with prospects. What of it? He ain't here no more so I don't bother wasting energy on what if.

You're copping a fair bit of flack here Lought, from all quarters. Doesn't this tell you, just a little, that you've flogged this one to death and should, maybe, move on?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30 2010, 18:44

BazSpur wrote:Great post Lew. REPPED.

Thanks baz ! I do realise that we are all entitled to an opinion about the team we support so i cant knock lought for that ! but i dont see what any spurs fan has to be unhappy about at the moment apart from the injuries that are coming thick and fast.....personally thats the only thing i am unhappy about, other than a slight doubt that huttons presence on the pitch doesnt suit lennon, but as others have pointed out they havent had much playing time together and they do seem to be improving understanding one another, so i have put that one on the back burner.

As jim pointed out walker doesnt get much cred for what he is doing for qpr, it seems that adel has brought about their promotion push ! the fans like walker moreso than they do taarabt ! and i think that tells a story all on its own! by the way we wont be selling walker to qpr the way we did taarabt, because we have a real star there in the making, if that ever did happen it would be one hell of a mistake but you would have to accept it and forget about it because whats the point ? lought is doing his brains in dwelling on what might have been with taarabt had he stayed at spurs.................unhealthy imo !

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01 2010, 03:58

lennon final ball is poor. ask anyone. anderton at hes age was a lot better.

lew i hope your right about walker because we buy these so called super kids then dont play them, what happend to bostock. theres so many that we have not given a chance.

i see caulker gettin good reviews. now theres a player i think can make it

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01 2010, 05:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:lennon final ball is poor. ask anyone. anderton at hes age was a lot better.

lew i hope your right about walker because we buy these so called super kids then dont play them, what happend to bostock. theres so many that we have not given a chance.

i see caulker gettin good reviews. now theres a player i think can make it

Lought ! well i cant guarantee it but i know talent when i see it.

Three years ago i said bale would be a whl legend and that he would play on the left wing and not full back.
    The replies i got back was that he didnt have the pace to be a left winger lol! i also said that ekotto was keeping his place warm ! i was also told that bale wasnt anywhere near as good as ekotto, that i was talking rubbish.....well my assessment of bale that he would be a success wherever he played, left wing or left back, as it is now both players are regulars.

Then we had the left winger debate (remember all that lought ) we even missed out on petrov to the billionaires club ! lol! i posted on more than one occasion that bale was the missing left winger we had been crying out for...........most of those posts were ignored.

As for bostock, well he is doing ok, he hasnt disappeared off the horizon, but i doubt he will make the tottenham grade.

Walker is different, to get him we also had to sign the other kyle...........but i reckon he will explode in the right back position within 2 years.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01 2010, 06:08

yea i remember. but to be fair most of us have said they would like bale to play left wing 2 season ago.

i just hope walker is given a chance at spurs and not sold on.

i would like hutton and walker to fight for that spot with kaboul to cover if need be. corluka can go for al i care
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Wed Dec 01 2010, 06:14

Poor ol Lought, Just for the record In my view he's a Spurs fan first and a miz hog second so from time to time you do get me wound up lought, but Hey, this is football, our passion's are supposed to be arroused.

I have to say over the years I've had my mistakes, like supporting Ramos to the bitter end. I'm sure Lought wanted him out a lot sooner than me but I couldn't see an alternative. How wrong was I?

I think Lought, the thing is, these are Spurs good times. We're on the up, things are going well. Most of us Want to have a bit of happy time (we've been wating many years for it). And when a fan is still constantly on the players back it grates a bit. Not just because we may dis agree with you, but because we want to talk positive about the team "while times are good"

It's a bit like waiting to see a film you have been looking forward to and then being sat next to someone who runs it down right the way through it. Or maybe in the case of Taraabt, Talking about back to the future 1 all the way through BTTF 2. You could be right, You might be right. But it's not here anymore and we want to talk about now.

I think what others are saying is, be crittical by all means but can we also hear your pozitive thoughts with as much zest.

Much Love & Kissses.

Sid. lol

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01 2010, 07:53

Lought FFS, Lennon's final ball is a thousand times better than walnuts so why compare them ? If anything walnut has more pace than Lennon but runs himself into a clueless cul-de-sac whereas Lennon will deliver. Not perfection everytime but at least a delivery. Anderton & Lennon ? Well Lennon has more pace for one thing. Over his career Anderton scored 68 goals at a ratio of about 1 in 7. Retired at the age of about 36 and had an eighteen year career. Lennon has yet to end his career and has played for about 7 years. So lets not make daft comparisons for another 10 years or so, unless of course you think Spurs where wrong to let Anderton go and maybe think he should still be playing ? ? ? ?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 05:44

anderton when he was played as a winger was the best back then. he even done it for england. its a shame injuries got the better of him.
    spurs legend in my eyes.

ramos funny enough i dont remember calling for hes head. i did though with jol..

sumone people just see my negative post but i post more then that. i post stuff on spurs stats and post videos. i send spurs team news and links when im watchin the game at home.
    i feel now burger gone people want sumone as a scapegoat and its me lol

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 07:46

Loughtonlegend wrote:anderton when he was played as a winger was the best back then. he even done it for england. its a shame injuries got the better of him.
    spurs legend in my eyes.

ramos funny enough i dont remember calling for hes head. i did though with jol..

sumone people just see my negative post but i post more then that. i post stuff on spurs stats and post videos. i send spurs team news and links when im watchin the game at home.
    i feel now burger gone people want sumone as a scapegoat and its me lol

YUP Lought back then Anderton was fine, a Spurs great. LOL, you sure ain't Burgs replacement but if you compare Spurs players from 10+ years ago to modern players (and a totally different Premier League) you do kinda set ya-self up .. . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Dec 02 2010, 08:18

you do post good stuff lought i like most of your stuff, i even agreed with ya about lennons performance sunday, but this taraabt thing nah i dont agree.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 08:33

but its when baz said hes crap that i wont take. ill agree when people say hes arrogant and not a team player and dont always know when to pass.

but i wont have people tell me hes crap and has no skill. you dont see odinary players doing what he does. the jonny jacksons and wp and
    etheringtons of the world cant do the stuff adel does with a ball.

if peopel can just say yea ok lough right he could be a great if he learns to pass then ill leave this be.

when we are struggling aganst lesser teams and cant score with 10mins to go i would rather see him come on then bentley who just posses or puts in more crosses or crouch who cant run or shoo.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 08:46

OK Lought, HE MAY BE GREAT - ONE DAY, but until he scores 3 past US in a Champions League final I'll with-hold judgement . . . . . . . cat2
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 02 2010, 09:59

He's crap and has no skill Wink

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 10:10

then it says all i need to know about the type off footballers you like then. im so glad ronaldo didnt start of spurs .

you could write a book on how many kids we buy and not give a chance too. who was it that said spurs is a graveyard for young talent

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 10:13

[b]Dunno Lought. Who said that ? Good job Spurs never got Anderton as youngster, or Bale, or Lennon, or Thudd et al eh . . . . . . [/b]

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 21:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:then it says all i need to know about the type off footballers you like then. im so glad ronaldo didnt start of spurs .

you could write a book on how many kids we buy and not give a chance too. who was it that said spurs is a graveyard for young talent

And how many youngsters rejected by spurs go on and make it elsewhere lought ? you cant blame spurs for the fact that they arent good enough, the manager, coach and trainers see these lads do their stuff on a daily basis and some are released on free,s or a minor fee to lower league sides, thats why you dont hear about them anymore because they didnt have what it takes to break into the first team.

Spurs are entitled to pay and train youngsters, they also have the right to cut costs by releasing those that are deemed not to make the grade, if thats called a graveyard then so be it, no one says fck all about chelsea when their youngsters dont get a chance because they believe in buying in the big names.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 02 2010, 22:31

Case in point Arsenal, before the French got wise to Arsene's nicking players on the cheap, they have Clichy playing and Wilshere, two players that play regular.The rest are bought in, youngsters from the academy rarely are good enough, even if you nick em from another academy, finance dictates that you mainly buy the finished or nearly finished article. You cant afford to drop out of the prem waiting for youth players to reach first team standard, so they have to be super talented in the first place.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Dec 02 2010, 23:51

Right this comparing Taarabt to Ronaldo has to stop Mate. He went to Utd at 19 earlier than they wanted but had to make there move as other teams were sniffing around. So he was nowhere near the finished article.

But what Set's him apart and that's so far apart from Taarabt it's not funny was his desire to learn & better himself. He worked hard & was a team player. Ronaldo always looked the part & had developed his game immensely in a couple of years.

Taarabt, still hasn't & he's what 21-22 by now & still the same selfish player with potential he doesn't seem to want to fore fill.

Wake up smell the coffee Mate you'll feel better in the long run lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 03 2010, 00:02

Right, like Vis I have moved this to other Football News as it is not about Spurs anymore.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 03:35

jim you should go watch ronaldo. did you not see the world cup.

did he ever track back at man u. he didnt need to.

ask man u fans ronaldo was very furstraten in hes first 2 seasons

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 23:01