The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
cynicsid EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
cynicsid EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
cynicsid EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
cynicsid EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
cynicsid EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
cynicsid EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
cynicsid EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
cynicsid EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
cynicsid EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

cynicsid Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

cynicsid

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

cynicsid Empty cynicsid

Post by MarkA249 Wed Dec 01 2010, 07:31

After the Bolton game u was slagging Gallas off saying hes past it a few games on hes Captain and some MOM displays whats your veiew on him now
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

cynicsid Empty Re: cynicsid

Post by cynicsid Wed Dec 01 2010, 08:40

I thought I had me own thread then. LOL

Well, I have to say at the time I wrote those thoughts I was right, he was making many mistakes, short passes, poor,slow starts, tired legs at the end, that sort of thing and we were not playing too good as a team. Since then your right, he has improved ( a lot) and has been very good for the team. So I guess I'm very pleased he got his game going & hope he keeps it up against the lesser clubs.

Do I trust him? no, I still think he wont have a full season in him & will start pointing the finger rather than taking the blame. I want Dawson, King & Woodgate to get back in the side, although I think Woodgate will be forever one match away from fit. I also think Bassong has been terrific for us in the past and could be again.

I think I'm on record as a fan of playing young over old if both players are pretty even in effect.

I also had a pop at Lennon as I thought he was playing like a wantaway player, Harry seemed to agee as he was pulling him off. He too has improved a lot but never seems too knackard at the end of a match.

The turn around of both these players happens to of co'incided with a massive improvement in form for the side

My latest spot is Ekotto's apparent lack of will to pass to Bale, I hope this is part of the overall plan. Bale was clear many times against the pool but hardly ever recieved the ball from Ekotto.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Dec 01 2010, 23:53

Have to say i was calling for Gooner Gallas's head after the Bolton game as well lol, but i'm still not convinced.

Let's put it this way he had a point to prove against a*se-nal & played a blinder, apparently injured produced a marvellous performance. can't fault him there.

Werder Bremen again if you can't get up for the biggest club tournament in the world there's some thing wrong with you & let's face it they never exactly really tested him did they.

Liverpool at home another big game to get the blood pumping & while he played well i thought Bassong stood out of the two especially after limited game time this season.

But the true test will come soon, away on possibly a very cold snowy day at Birmingham & after a trip to Twente & Chelsea at home, away trips to Blackpool & Villa, I'll reserve judgement till after those games i reckon.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Dec 02 2010, 01:49

All defenders no matter who makes mistakes and can be made to look ordinary at times, Gallas is no exception, of course he will make mistakes, but so does all our defenders including King , but the thing i like about gallas is he has leadership qualities that we desperately need and he has more experience at the highest level than anyother player in our current squad, this is a player that sulks when we lose thats a good thing , i like a serious player who hates losing
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Dec 02 2010, 02:06

LOBO wrote:All defenders no matter who makes mistakes and can be made to look ordinary at times, Gallas is no exception, of course he will make mistakes, but so does all our defenders including King , but the thing i like about gallas is he has leadership qualities that we desperately need and he has more experience at the highest level than anyother player in our current squad, this is a player that sulks when we lose thats a good thing , i like a serious player who hates losing

I know where your coming from Lobo & they are the qualities i mentioned when i said we should sign him & everyone else was just moaning he was a Gooner. I hoping his not to inspiring start was down to lack of fitness & we're starting to see the real Gallas now. But i still have my doubts & I'll be more convinced after the games i've listed if he's still coming up smelling of roses.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:12

AS you say Jim, the not so Glam matches are coming up. I think Gallas will want to keeps reserves for the CL matches next year, I wonder how up for it he will be going away up north in poor weather.

Hope I'm wrong.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:46

I actualy think it were wrong for Harry to make him captain if he's not told him its just temporary ..Can see Gallas' nose put out if Harry picks Dawson ahead of him and also makes him captain...

MLS clubs apparently circling and I'd be suprised if Gallas is a Spurs player next season ..

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 03:56

i want to rep you on that lobo. galas is a leader and should be captian. not the quiet modric. all defenders make mistakes. whenever king makes a mistake we just brush it under the carpet.

i would have galas woodgate king and bassong as our main center backs.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 04:15

Agree with lought here, santa gallas should be made permanent captain, it inspires him and he gives it vocal.... santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:29