The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
yid army on the march EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
yid army on the march EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
yid army on the march EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
yid army on the march EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
yid army on the march EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
yid army on the march EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
yid army on the march EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
yid army on the march EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
yid army on the march EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

yid army on the march Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

yid army on the march

spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

yid army on the march Empty yid army on the march

Post by spurslegend Mon Dec 27 2010, 07:08

10 men away from home trust in arry we can win the prem

yid army on the march Empty Re: yid army on the march

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 07:41

They have to believe in themselves dave ! they can beat anyone ! they just have to believe it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 27 2010, 07:54

The importance of that win may well have a big bearing on the rest of our season. As Dave says 10 men away to Villa and the Defoe sending off could have put our heads down but we showed we are a different team now. Be honest, two season's ago would we have gone on to win a match like that? This is a very different Spurs team.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 08:06

LOL 10 men away from home and we still played 'em off the park. Superb performance from the lads. The late goal was a bit of a scare but I just thought we had far too much for Villa. Just need to keep that steel going for the 2nd half of the season and we will be deep in the mix come April/May. YIDDOS . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Dec 27 2010, 08:13

How many passes did we make in the last 5-10 mins of the 1st half??? must have been at least 40 passes without villa touching the ball !! IF Defoe was still on the pitch we would have hammered them 3 or 4 nil, such a shame, but we still got the 3 points in the end !! I dont think we're title contenders, but could finish as high as 3rd i think with chelski and the scummy goonies not playing well.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Dec 27 2010, 08:43

Lets don't get carried away here , yes it was 10 men, but lets be honest Villa were shight right from the off they just didnt have the steel to compete with us , i thought villa were humbled , but they were not chelsea or manu ..

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 21:23

Lobo, Cup Half Full or Half Empty? lol!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 21:28

Villa are going through a transitional season lob with houlier wanting to out most of the team and start again so they are fighting for their places and future at the club.

Yeah they werent the brightest sparks but it was still 3 points picked up away, and with 10 men, but to be honest i didnt think the sending off would stop us winning.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the kaboul goal was perfectly ok, match of the day showed the ball was in when crossed by hutton.

If justice is done defoe shouldnt get banned because it was an accident........the ref got it wrong.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 22:55

Lets think back a couple of seasons. In a similar situation we would have folded and got stuffed. The keep-ball we played in the last 5/10 minutes of the 1st half was sublime. Just like watching Brazil lol. This is a squad with the poetential to acheive great things . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Dec 28 2010, 00:43

when we can beat Man u in the league then we can win the league imo, we've beaten chelsea , a*se , city in the league in the last 2 or 3 seasons but not utd, until we do we wont win the league , but never say never, im just keeping my feet on the ground for now
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 28 2010, 02:04

I think we can do Manure at home. Like Arry says. We just need to believe.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 04:05

Thats a fair point about ManUre Lobo. Thing is a couple of seasons ago we would have folded in the Villa match. Now as a team, we just need to believe we CAN beat whoever we face . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 04:17

LOBO wrote:when we can beat Man u in the league then we can win the league imo, we've beaten chelsea , a*se , city in the league in the last 2 or 3 seasons but not utd, until we do we wont win the league , but never say never, im just keeping my feet on the ground for now

Quite understand that lobo ! i think we will beat united at home, the away game against them was a bit of a farce, it certainly didnt make us look inferior to them at all, it was a close game spoiled by that stupid goal the ref allowed.

But the thing here is that we have been understrength for most of the campaign but we are still in there with a shot, and that says a lot for the squad.

I think the defence needs sorting, and i am not convinced gomes is the best keeper we could have between the posts, there is better out there, yeah he makes blinding saves but he worries me all the time.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Dec 28 2010, 07:17

I agree with Lobo Villa were a poor side but it proved to me even more so that we have to hope that VDV keeps injury free as although we had so much posession it was his great goals that were the difference in the end. The last 20 mins of that game was some of the best football I have seen us play for many many years and they could not get near us but no VDV no win.

Mikey M
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Dec 28 2010, 08:21

you been watching the spurs utd games lobo its not about beating them its beating the fcuking bent refs that we seen to get when we play them
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Dec 28 2010, 08:51

spurslegend wrote:you been watching the spurs utd games lobo its not about beating them its beating the fcuking bent refs that we seen to get when we play them

True, you can bet your life it will be howard utd through & through webb at the lane, still cant see utd losing 4 games , they aint lost all season

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 09:00

great 3 points seeing as we havent beaten them away in so long. we would of drawn that goal a few seasons ago.

im not getting carried away because that villa team have been woefull for sumtime now. we need to beat newcastle or that villa game wont mean much.

if we can win the next 2 then get rid of the man u jinx then we are in the title race.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 16:06