The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take.

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take. Empty CHRISTMAS PERIOD (so far) My Take.

Post by SuneJim Thu Dec 30 2010, 00:46

I'd like to start with the Villa Game. That result tells me all i need to know about the new spirit & confidence that flowing through the camp at the moment & that is in no small part down to the last minute signing of Rafael Van Der Vaart. He's a World Class Player first and foremost, but he's brought real belief with him that comes with being successful & that is rubbing off on the rest of the squad.

The two goals payed testament to the free flowing football we play & the unselfish movement of the team. Even down to 10 Men Villa just had no answer to our guile, speed & power.

The Defoe sending off was a joke & made worse by an Assistant Ref who had it in for us. Kaboul's goal should have stood the ball was never out & everyone has said it was not a sending off & i've seen three more that have been worse since, getting no worse than a yellow. Each time commentators mentioning the Defoe incident & comparing the two, only to say no difference.

A great result that the players celebrated well & showed real togetherness, it was great to see.

Then the Newcastle Game, it was obvious from the get go Pardew, set his team out to kick us off the pitch as he knew they wouldn't stand a chance in a game of FOOTBALL! First half we bossed without really pressing home any advantage. Pav was unlucky not to score in the final knockings of the first 45.

Second half, we started to play more expansive football & the wide men really come into there own. Lennon took his goal well, putting us on the way to what could have been a more resounding scoreline, but for Kaboul's moment of stupidity. Then Bale was at the end of another good piece of team play just at the right time to make sure we took all 3 points.

Don't remember ever seeing that Ref before & i have to say i'm glad because i don't know how Tiote was still on the pitch to have the altercation with Kaboul & Smith was a lucky boy as well.

So we have 6 points after the playing the equivalent of a full 90 minutes down to 10 Men & i'm so proud of the Lad's, Belief, Confidence & real Team Spirit was on show, so for 2011 watch this space some thing special is happening at WHL!

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 16:29