The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why harry should buy . EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why harry should buy . EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why harry should buy . EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why harry should buy . EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why harry should buy . EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why harry should buy . EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why harry should buy . EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why harry should buy . EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why harry should buy . EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why harry should buy . Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Why harry should buy .

Why harry should buy . Empty Why harry should buy .

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 00:15

We are looking at a new order to the top 4 in the prem to a certain extent, liverpool have gone and chelsea squeeked a win with a fluke of a goal to struggle back into 4th place, only the goons and man utd are batting for the old order.
    But lets look at what has brought about this change, man citys millions and the excellence of harry redknapp as a manager and as a participator in the transfer merry go round, as well as being a second to none player motivator, so its taken hell of a lot of effort to get where we are and hell of a lot of money for man city to be where they are, liverpool have just crashed because they cant operate in buying top notch players any more, benitez squandered millions on crap, and chelsea...although still up there are suffering because abramavitch has decided not to invest his own cash, but to let the club be self sufficient,the new champions league ruling of cash able clubs coming into play in 2013 might have something to do with abramavitchs decision...who knows ? but one thing for certain is that abramavitch wont want to drop out the champions league, he will do something sooner or later .

So to stay in the top four , and i dont care what anyone says levy and harry will have to strengthen, beating man city to fourth last term was one thing, staying ahead of chelsea is another, its a whole different ball game and money rules in this beloved game of ours, and its going to be much harder to retain our cl place unless we win the thing outright, we certainly could do but the easier of the two paths leading into the comp is still through a high prem finish.

Many on here have been crying for a new central defender, and a striker, vdv is great but what happens if he has time out with an injury?

So when i read we wont be buying anyone i have to think " no we have such a great defence " do we not ? and then look at the goal strike rate compared to this time last year, its well down, although according to lought we only have one point less than we did at this stage last year.

I think harry knows what is needed and will be going all out to buy someone, he knows the likes of chelsea wont give up their cl place easily, and although a gap is opening up between the top five and the chasing pack someone down there could hit a good run and also come into the reckoning.