The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
we havent had it EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
we havent had it EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
we havent had it EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
we havent had it EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
we havent had it EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
we havent had it EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
we havent had it EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
we havent had it EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
we havent had it EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

we havent had it Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
BazSpur
LOBO
anicoll5
cstmrsking
ionman34
shearspur
10 posters

we havent had it

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

we havent had it Empty we havent had it

Post by shearspur Fri Feb 11 2011, 23:31

the olympic stadium that is, thank god Very Happy cheers
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

we havent had it Empty Re: we havent had it

Post by ionman34 Fri Feb 11 2011, 23:39

So where to now then Shear?

The NRP is 'dead in the water' allegedly, meaning that if we stay in Tottenham we will end up a feeder club for the big boys.

Don't know about you but I'm rather p*ssed off that the past seems to be more important to some than the future of the club.

You were quite vocal about what you didn't want, so what do you want? What is your proposal for the future of our club?

Where is the viable alternative?

One that won't bankrupt us that is.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:18

Ion, have a Green stick.

So YesHam got the nod. I hear clearly both sides of the argument from Spurs Fans.

I fall into the, in favour of the move based purely on the clubs future it makes sense to me that we expand and grow , we need to,with the changes that are coming in.
    Every Spurs fan knows and understands,that,that I'm sure of.

I also understand that we could poss move to other locations,
    (not sure where that would be) But it so happens that Olympic stadium was up for bids so it makes sense that we put in for it.

Regardless of wether or not you agree with Spurs going for it or not. The outcome is, that there are no winners. IMO Spurs had the most honest upfront and generous bid ( we will get rid of the track, we will also invest as part of the legacy in Crystal palace) Yes Ham formerly known as West Ham Simply took the moral hihg ground by agreeing to honour the Olympic legacy by saying Yes to all demands, but at what cost! to say that we play in an Athletics stadium, that all agree is not condusive to a good atmosphere. At what cost to the legacy, for an Athlete to say that we are competing at Yes Ham football ground. At what cost now to Crystal Palace once home of British Athletics, for the Legacy not to be that Stratford will become the favourd venue for meetings, allowing Crstal Palace to decline into wrack and ruin?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:19

i am happy were we are till a viable other option comes along nearer to "home", im sure levy will be looking for other options as we speak.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:27

Lets hope so, if he can find something in or around north-ish of London all the better.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:34

Just out of interest Shear, what is 'closer to home?'

Within Tottenham?

Within North London?

Within Middlesex or, say, Hertfordshire?

Within London?

Is there a radius beyond N17 that we cannot go beyond?

As I said before, what is a viable option?

Sorry if this comes across as 'picking on you' as I'm not. I'd just like to know what sort of constraints there are on an acceptable move. Let's face it, if a move four miles down the road isn't acceptable then it puts a severe crimp on 'viable options' wouldn't you say?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:36

But what am I going to do with my Stratfordhotspurs.com domanin name ?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:39

lol, nic
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:07

north london preferably . i travel in from bedfordshire via uxbridge to pick my mate up so by the time im back home after dropping him off its near on a 100 mile day so its not the distance that bothers me its the vicinity of west ham and not so much orient but its their area as far as im concerned and it wouldnt sit right with me, its just how i feel and i make no apologies for that.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:09

anicoll5 wrote:But what am I going to do with my Stratfordhotspurs.com domanin name ?

Can I get back to you once I've figured out which dialect you are using?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:16

shearspur wrote:north london preferably . i travel in from bedfordshire via uxbridge to pick my mate up so by the time im back home after dropping him off its near on a 100 mile day so its not the distance that bothers me its the vicinity of west ham and not so much orient but its their area as far as im concerned and it wouldnt sit right with me, its just how i feel and i make no apologies for that.

I'm not asking for an apology Shear, to a certain extent I share your sentiments. But I don't see too many options available to us do you? How far from N17 do we need to move to get a better transport infrastructure? Don't kid yourself that it's available in North London because it isn't, not without a major cash injection and guess who'll be expected to provide that injection.

You get three, you'll only need one.

No sense harping on about the OS, if we really have lost it, but I don't see too many more options available to us within the North London area do you?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:18

ionman34 wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:But what am I going to do with my Stratfordhotspurs.com domanin name ?

Can I get back to you once I've figured out which dialect you are using?

Ion, that may have been for me, i was looking around on Go Daddy the other night, and looked to see if stratfordhotspur had been registered and it had.
    Nic is claiming to be the fool that purchased it.

( I know it wasn't you nic)
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:32

If you do move away from Tottenham then trying to find a big site for a major stadium that ticks any of the transport boxes, with no angry neighbours and which does not lead to the requirements from the LA that surrounded NPD is a monster problem.

Seems to me you would have to shift out toward the M25 and look at an intersection of the road and rail links on a greenish field site. As Sid says perhaps Bulls Cross is the answer but planning permission would take years.

Call Haringey - plead

The other point that occurred to me was that, as far as I recall, you signed development agreements with LBH - and if you are signed up you will have to pay to walk away
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:32

i really havent looked into it ion tbh. my thoughts about it all are this, when the rumours started years ago about a move i admit i was horrified that a place i had been going to for many a year now with friends and family and some great (uefa cup win) and sad memorys (relegation i was there at both as were many others on here) nights and days was going to be but a memory. then the plans for the stadium were unveiled to us all in the same area, the light had been turned on again and i was ecstatic, as the mighty stadium images were proudly unveiled to us i felt pride thinking what we were to get in the future.i even sent an e- mail to levy pleading not to move the fans to far back from the pitch to which i had a reply assuring us that would never happen. bang its all gonna cost to much lets up sticks and move to east london, no thanks, i may be a dinosaur in some peoples opinion but thats just me, and yes i do understand it has to be done to compete with the big boys , and yes i probably would have gone and watched them in the olympic stadium and after time would have got used to it, but here and now i am just telling my truthful feeling at joy of not having to go to west ham territory . if we move of course i will go and watch them i love em.ps dont tell levy though.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:34

No doubt levy will have a plan B and it wont be north london either
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:39

Listen, the point is we have lost it and to be honest I don't think we ever found it. It was never going to be on because of the way the deciding panel was made up. Most were for athletics by all accounts. We were never in the running and so it proved. Levy wasted time on it IMO. He is now talking about recourse to the law because of the way it was handed to the Spams. Forget it it's just wasting more time. If it had happened I would have gone with it but it hasn't. Now I am wondering what will Levey do now? Surely a shrewd business man such as Levy would have a plan B? Surely he didn't put all his eggs in one basket when he must have known there was a good chance our bid would be turned down? Wet Spam were always the favourites ffs, he must have known that. So we spent 50-70 mill getting the NPD in situ then went for the OS after Levy telling us it was only a back up option. He then told us the OS was the preferred option all the time. Now it has fallen through. Now Levy is saying NPD is dead. Is it just me or does anyone else think Levy has been underhanded with us, the supporters.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:45

Just need to move on now and find another site , plenty of space ere in kent lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 12 2011, 01:56

shearspur wrote:i really havent looked into it ion tbh. my thoughts about it all are this, when the rumours started years ago about a move i admit i was horrified that a place i had been going to for many a year now with friends and family and some great (uefa cup win) and sad memorys (relegation i was there at both as were many others on here) nights and days was going to be but a memory. then the plans for the stadium were unveiled to us all in the same area, the light had been turned on again and i was ecstatic, as the mighty stadium images were proudly unveiled to us i felt pride thinking what we were to get in the future.i even sent an e- mail to levy pleading not to move the fans to far back from the pitch to which i had a reply assuring us that would never happen. bang its all gonna cost to much lets up sticks and move to east london, no thanks, i may be a dinosaur in some peoples opinion but thats just me, and yes i do understand it has to be done to compete with the big boys , and yes i probably would have gone and watched them in the olympic stadium and after time would have got used to it, but here and now i am just telling my truthful feeling at joy of not having to go to west ham territory . if we move of course i will go and watch them i love em.ps dont tell levy though.

Mate, I started going in 1975 and was raised on all the stories by the Old Man. My point is that moving away won't change the stories, nor will it change the team. The History remains, nothing can change that. Moving just opens a new chapter.

I understand your joy but I don't share in it. All I see is us being set back for a number of years, with all the hard work building this squad now in serious jeopardy as the Vultures circle round our best talent.

I don't give a damn about Tottenham. I was born there but the only part of it that draws my affection is the Spurs. If they move out then my affection goes with them, no regrets whatsoever.

Our future prosperity lies outside Tottenham, unless Haringey change their tune. And how can they do that when they are Boracic Lint?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 12 2011, 02:10

Like Lobo said, we have to move on now. Where? I have no idea. If the NPD really is dead as Levy is telling us then it's going to be very difficult to know where we could move to. Starting again in a new area could be very costly especially as we would be expected to help build the infrastructure. Surely that could be as costly as revamping Northumerland Park? The thing about Stratford love it or hate it is that the infrastructure is already in place. That would have kept the cost down. Whether we stay at WHL or move out we will have to pay through the nose to get it up and running. It's a dilemna because we can't stay as we are.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Feb 12 2011, 02:32

Surely Levy won't head for the courts with all the extra cost that will bring. Especially as all the reports I've read from lawyers is that he hasn't got a snowball in hells chance of overturning the decision.
    Someone mentioned Bulls Cross as an option but that won't happen because the only transport is M25/A10 and small roads from the other directions, no trains anywhere near and no parking. If he hasn't got a viable plan B then let him resign.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 12 2011, 02:45

seebee1944 wrote:

Surely Levy won't head for the courts with all the extra cost that will bring. Especially as all the reports I've read from lawyers is that he hasn't got a snowball in hells chance of overturning the decision.
    Someone mentioned Bulls Cross as an option but that won't happen because the only transport is M25/A10 and small roads from the other directions, no trains anywhere near and no parking. If he hasn't got a viable plan B then let him resign.

Eh?

Resign? That's really going to solve the problem hey?

So sweep away all the good he's done, building the club up to where it is now. Let's not kid ourselves here, Levy is CEO which makes him the Architect of our rise.

Bit of a drastic statement wouldn't you say Seebee?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Feb 12 2011, 02:54

Levy was very fortunate to survive the chaos he caused by the sacking of Jol and the appointment of Juande.

His rather more difficult problem now is to explain to Joe why £50+ million has been spent on a new stadium project that is no nearer than it was five years ago, arguably not even that far forward.

The chances of him resigning are - I agree - remote
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sat Feb 12 2011, 03:46

Load a tosh,

Most of the money spent is recoverable in property developement if we build the stadium or not. In fact if you look at the accounts I think if i'm right a lot of the cash is commited on go ahead not actually spent.

What we actually have right now is Lammy in a corner & I hope we rip the fcukers heart out.

BSflag
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 12 2011, 04:07

cynicsid wrote:Load a tosh,

Most of the money spent is recoverable in property developement if we build the stadium or not. In fact if you look at the accounts I think if i'm right a lot of the cash is commited on go ahead not actually spent.

What we actually have right now is Lammy in a corner & I hope we rip the fcukers heart out.

BSflag

What time is he coming round for his tea, Sid?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Feb 12 2011, 04:12

Who would be daft enough to pay good money for spare land in a blighted corner of North London Sid ?

If regeneration is off the agenda, and no redevelopment is ever going to take place at WHL, then it is worth a fraction of what was paid for it

Perhaps Levy could swap it for a bag of magic beans

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 00:28