The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
summer transfer targets EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
summer transfer targets EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
summer transfer targets EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
summer transfer targets EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
summer transfer targets EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
summer transfer targets EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
summer transfer targets EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
summer transfer targets EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
summer transfer targets EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

summer transfer targets Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

summer transfer targets

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

summer transfer targets Empty summer transfer targets

Post by LOBO Sun Feb 13 2011, 21:10

I'm slightly worried about the summer transfer window when it comes to targets , i read today that arry is looking at a possible move for michael owen :: please god let this be nothing but bs rumour because if thats the case im worried , i don't want another window spent divering over players like suarez for example who has gone on to prove in such a short time he is a world class player and can easily play in the league , for me that was the one that got away, yet we spent to much time chasing phil neville & david beckham, we should have gone for a striker .

this summer i want to see us bring in 1 maybe 2 strikers and thats all, dont need vanbommel or beckham or neville or parker , we have a nice large settled squad of players we just need 2 strikers and thats all imo
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

summer transfer targets Empty Re: summer transfer targets

Post by ionman34 Sun Feb 13 2011, 21:52

LOBO wrote:I'm slightly worried about the summer transfer window when it comes to targets , i read today that arry is looking at a possible move for michael owen :: please god let this be nothing but bs rumour because if thats the case im worried , i don't want another window spent divering over players like suarez for example who has gone on to prove in such a short time he is a world class player and can easily play in the league , for me that was the one that got away, yet we spent to much time chasing phil neville & david beckham, we should have gone for a striker .

this summer i want to see us bring in 1 maybe 2 strikers and thats all, dont need vanbommel or beckham or neville or parker , we have a nice large settled squad of players we just need 2 strikers and thats all imo

I'm with you on us needing strikers Lobo and God knows I was with you regarding getting Suarez, but he hasn't proved anything yet mate. So far he's got one goal but I watched him against Wigan and he was far from convincing, he spent most of his time looking for any opportunity to hit the deck.

But strikers we do need. I still want to see Pav and Defoe given a decent run together, I feel that the judgement on Defoe was harsh in yesterdays game because he was really starved of chances, but him and Pav look, to me, like they could put something good together if given half a chance.

But do they have enough and are they consistent enough?

I don't think so personally.

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 22:44