The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The press is mugging us off again EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The press is mugging us off again EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The press is mugging us off again EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The press is mugging us off again EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The press is mugging us off again EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The press is mugging us off again EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The press is mugging us off again EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The press is mugging us off again EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The press is mugging us off again EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The press is mugging us off again Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
That Damned Mark
LOBO
6 posters

The press is mugging us off again

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

The press is mugging us off again Empty The press is mugging us off again

Post by LOBO Sun Feb 20 2011, 22:44

when you buy a paper you expect to read good honest unbiased news reports , so i turn to sport bit at the back and this is the headline regarding THFC but way of Man Utd , it reads as follows , Sir Alex will buy Luka Modric this summer and will offer 35 million quid, this on top of the 40 million he will spend on Bale , you see we don't set the pricem Sir Alex tells us how much they are worth , then it goes on to say, Spurs may well part company with Arry this summer when he goes on trial for Tax evasion and will Target David Moyes as a replacement manager , Inter Milan will buy Sandro for 10 million, again they are telling us how much our players will be sold for , and finally, spurs are lining up a move for Gary neville in the summer LMAO the press love us
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

The press is mugging us off again Empty Re: The press is mugging us off again

Post by That Damned Mark Sun Feb 20 2011, 23:09

Yes Lobo, but some of the claims are so ridiculous they are funny Very Happy
    No one believes it do they? It's just fuel for the fire.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Feb 20 2011, 23:14

That Damned Mark wrote:Yes Lobo, but some of the claims are so ridiculous they are funny Very Happy

The worrying thing from a spurs fan point of view is THFC have a habbit of selling our best players , 100million we have put on Bales head, see what i mean everyone has there price,we should really be saying no price hes not for sale, he will probably be a citeh player before long, and when these silly rumours start they tend to snowball , its happened before with carick , berbabtov .. ok we are a CL team now but if someone comes in with a silly amount for bale im sure we will consider it
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Feb 20 2011, 23:39

What paper was that little gem in Lobs? The Sunday Sport LMFAO? It's total Bollox mate.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 07:54

LOBO wrote:
    That Damned Mark wrote:Yes Lobo, but some of the claims are so ridiculous they are funny Very Happy

The worrying thing from a spurs fan point of view is THFC have a habbit of selling our best players , 100million we have put on Bales head, see what i mean everyone has there price,we should really be saying no price hes not for sale, he will probably be a citeh player before long, and when these silly rumours start they tend to snowball , its happened before with carick , berbabtov .. ok we are a CL team now but if someone comes in with a silly amount for bale im sure we will consider it

Gotta be honest here Lobo, we'd be mental to turn down a 100 million offer for Bale. As much as I'd hate to see him leave, and believe me I'd be gutted, 100 million? What a war chest that then gives us. Personally, if they were looking to pay any price to land Bale, Citeh that is, I'd want cash plus Johnson. Put Lennon on the left, Johnson on the right and use the surplus to buy 2 World Class Strikers.

We may lose Bale but we end up strengthening the team significantly.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Feb 21 2011, 09:34

ionman34 wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Gotta be honest here Lobo, we'd be mental to turn down a 100 million offer for Bale. As much as I'd hate to see him leave, and believe me I'd be gutted, 100 million? What a war chest that then gives us. Personally, if they were looking to pay any price to land Bale, Citeh that is, I'd want cash plus Johnson. Put Lennon on the left, Johnson on the right and use the surplus to buy 2 World Class Strikers.

We may lose Bale but we end up strengthening the team significantly.

Thats a very good point, since bale has been injured we have done just as well without him in the team than with him in the team, so yea i think your right in that respect
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 09:57

With £450 m to pay for the new stadium anything less than £100 million at least for Bale would be unthinkable
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 10:40

anicoll5 wrote:With £450 m to pay for the new stadium anything less than £100 million at least for Bale would be unthinkable

Indubitably.

Sell Bale and Modric then Voila, new stadium paid for instantly.

With assets like those you'd think the banks would be falling over each other to loan us whatever we wanted wot?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 11:24

I am sure the banks would be delighted Ion
    As you will appreciate though any cash coming in would be used to cover the lending involved for the NPD shambles - £50 million ? £70 million

It's not a game of Monoploy - dyasee!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 11:59

anicoll5 wrote:I am sure the banks would be delighted Ion
    As you will appreciate though any cash coming in would be used to cover the lending involved for the NPD shambles - £50 million ? £70 million

So you're not sure then?

Well colour me surprised!
    lol!

There is a distinct possibility that it could be around 5 to 10 million. I'm not sure either, you see, so I won't make snap judgements without clear information.

It's not a game of Monoploy - dyasee!

Is that as opposed to a multiploy?

Can't say I'm familiar with either game. Do tell though ................... Sounds awfully interesting.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 21:23

You want more detail - we have more detail;

According to the master businessman the cost of the property which has acquired by Spuds for NDP is £52.0 million, with a further £20.4m being spent on planning and professional fees.

And that was before he hosed another few £million up the wall with the Stratford ploy
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 21:34

anicoll5 wrote:You want more detail - we have more detail;

According to the master businessman the cost of the property which has acquired by Spuds for NDP is £52.0 million, with a further £20.4m being spent on planning and professional fees.

And that was before he hosed another few £million up the wall with the Stratford ploy

Interesting.

Can you put me on to the website for the 'Master Businessman'. I'm unable to google it you see.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 21:55

Just look it up in the TTNM Final results published in November - a document that discusses at length the 'master plan' for NPD - surely it cant be that hard to google ?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 22:48

anicoll5 wrote:Just look it up in the TTNM Final results published in November - a document that discusses at length the 'master plan' for NPD - surely it cant be that hard to google ?

Make your mind up old boy. It's either in the 'Master Businessman' or in the TTNM (whatever that is) final results.

Can't say I'm an avid follower of business reports, like yourself seemingly, so a little prod in the right direction, i.e. the relevant website that you have referenced, would be appreciated.

Can't be that hard to put it up now can it?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 22:55

Wow

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10711361
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:05

anicoll5 wrote:Wow

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10711361

For an Arsenal fan, you sure are devoted to finding out information on Spurs.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:15

We now hold tangible assets with a net book value of £123.6m on our balance sheet; the current Stadium, plant and equipment amounts to £38.9m of these assets; NDP £72.4m and the new Training Ground £12.3m. The current book value of the property which has been acquired to ensure we can deliver the NDP is £52.0m, with a further £20.4m being spent on planning and professional fees.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are alluding to the 'tangible assets' of 52 million as being money 'p*ssed up the wall' by Levy.

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but aren't 'tangible assets' actually assets owned which have a saleable value? and, being as it's property, a high resaleable value in the right market?

Do put me straight here Nic as I was always of the opinion that ownership of land and property was an indicator of wealth.

At least that's how the Peerage became the Peerage wasn't it?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:24

You managed it ! I bet you even know what TTNM is now

Read what the extract says Ion - £52 million spent on land in order to deliver NPD (not to mention the £20 million in fees)

Well according to Levy NPD is dead - or is it a new story today - it is so hard to keep up - therefore what is the land worth today ? At best a fraction of what was paid for it - more likely it would be impossible to sell as it will be at the centre of what is likely to be a protracted dispute between LBH and Spuds

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:39

[quote="anicoll5"]You managed it ! I bet you even know what TTNM is now

Wonderful hey? A day is never wasted when you learn something new.

Read what the extract says Ion - £52 million spent on land in order to deliver NPD (not to mention the £20 million in fees)

Granted.

Still a 'tangible asset' though no?

So not, as you put it, 'p*ssed up the wall' or is my naivete concerning ownership of land and property showing through here?

Well according to Levy NPD is dead - or is it a new story today - it is so hard to keep up

That's why they pay him the big bucks I guess.

As a matter of interest, how many multi million pound companies are you successfully running at the moment?

- therefore what is the land worth today ? At best a fraction of what was paid for it

Actually, at best it's worth many times what was paid for it. You see a best case scenario is that the area is redeveloped and the land value increases. Unlikely, I know, but that is actually a best case scenario. As for what it is worth today, who cares at the moment? We are not looking to sell it so the question is, like most of yours regarding the way Levy runs Spurs, irrelevant.

- more likely it would be impossible to sell as it will be at the centre of what is likely to be a protracted dispute between LBH and Spuds

Tosh. Any dispute between the two could have ramifications if Spurs wished to develop the land in any other way than that which has already been approved. LBH cannot prevent any sale of the land.

I may not know corporate finance all that well, but land development I do.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 21 2011, 23:52

Ah ha Ion _ I get it now - there is a queue of anxious developers absolutely itching to get to work on redeveloping N17 - that is the master plan - I get it - I get it - lucky you grabbed all that land eh ?

Umm

The land has been stitched together in order to 'deliver' NPD Ion - and as Spuds have (apparently) pulled out of NPD it has no value unless, as a I say above, someone somewhere decides a large scale social housing development, a supermarket and a hotel in Tottenham is the project to go for

I think I saw a Vogon Constructor Fleet just passing crazy

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22 2011, 07:57

Isn't land purchase & property acquisistion a normal ploy for speculators looking at either short or long term capital investment ? Seem to recall thats how projects like Canary Wharf et al got started. Nic you seem really hung-up on NDP & any future Spurs development. Your knowledge of the subject suggests you should look at investment options . . . . . .
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:04

It's all news to me, I haven't followed it, but could someone please explain how £20.4 million on planning & professional fees is a tangible asset?
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:09

I think I see what's being said.
    The £52 mill on the land, well it reads that the land is only worth that if the NDP goes ahead.
    What it's worth if the the project isn't going ahead is open to speculation.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:21

anicoll5 wrote:Ah ha Ion _ I get it now - there is a queue of anxious developers absolutely itching to get to work on redeveloping N17 - that is the master plan - I get it - I get it - lucky you grabbed all that land eh ?

Nicky, put down the Crack pipe mate.

Umm

The land has been stitched together in order to 'deliver' NPD Ion - and as Spuds have (apparently) pulled out of NPD it has no value unless, as a I say above, someone somewhere decides a large scale social housing development, a supermarket and a hotel in Tottenham is the project to go for

They probably thought the same when those tracts of land were bought up around the Wapping and Limehouse regions.

Redevelopment in Wandsworth and Battersea? You must be mad.I see Docklands is coming along nicely too.

Anywhere can be redeveloped for a profit Nic. Anywhere. You have to provide a desireable product in the right environment is all.

I think I saw a Vogon Constructor Fleet just passing crazy

Like I said, put down the crack pipe.

It seems to be affecting your perception of reality.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 22 2011, 08:31

VisionarySound wrote:Isn't land purchase & property acquisistion a normal ploy for speculators looking at either short or long term capital investment ? Seem to recall thats how projects like Canary Wharf et al got started. Nic you seem really hung-up on NDP & any future Spurs development. Your knowledge of the subject suggests you should look at investment options . . . . . .

Olympia & York went bust at Canary Wharf Vis - I'll check the back of the sofa though !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 17:10