The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Calm down. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Calm down. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Calm down. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Calm down. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Calm down. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Calm down. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Calm down. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Calm down. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Calm down. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Calm down. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
anicoll5
djfitzo
BazSpur
7 posters

Calm down.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Calm down. Empty Calm down.

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:06

Well, what a night, fighting, rows, insults, screaming, no, not Libya, on here lol. It shows one thing. Passion, we are all passionate about our team and we all have different views on how the game should be played and who should play. As I look around the decimated forum in the wake of last night's blood letting I can see that we are still bonded by that one thing we all love. Our club. I think a clear the air moment is good for the forum and compared to some of the forum's I go on that was handbags at fifty paces last night, which is good because these things can get out of hand very quickly. I go on a forum where there is almost constant war among certain posters and that is not good as you take ages to wade through the crap before you get to a decent post. It's not a footy forum by the way, it's a Magic forum and believe me if you think some people on here are bad you aint seen anything until you see posts of Magicians at each others throats. Anyway, lets all calm down and look forward to the Wolves game where I think we will bounce back with a win.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Calm down. Empty Re: Calm down.

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:21

Well said Baz, debate is healthy, but posting without giving any real solution to the problem is the only problem i have, christ, ive even agreed with Lought recently. When your down over the team you love, sometimes you dont need to see a barrage of posts picking out individual players that in the past have been gods to us and have got us into the healthy position we are now in. I certainly dont want to go back to sitting at WHL watching us getting lamped by Chelski. Sure its bloody frustrating when we are that close to achieving something like we are, did anyone really think we would be in with a shout of the QF of the champions league when 2 seasons ago we nearly got relegated? Of course Lobo and Lought are bound to get offended when some of us dont agree with their posts, how did Lobo think i felt when he said i posted rubbish on here.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:56

Nobody posts rubbish dj. What everyone posts is opinions and right or wrong they are entitled to those opinions. I admit I am not the most tacticly aware person on this forum. I really do struggle to understand formations and the effect they have on gameplay and I am being truthful there. Sometimes when I see you blokes talking tactics and how when players push up or drop back it has this effect or that effect on the game it makes sense but I find it hard to think like that on my own but that's just me. That is why you won't find me talking about formations very often because I would probably say something stupid. I do however know when we have played well. I also know when individual play well.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:08

I doubt there is a forum anywhere in sport where posters do not say things in the course of a game taking place or in the few minutes after when the adrenaline is still coursing that, on reflection and when they have got a bit of perspective, they would not say differently or not at all - I know I do all the time

Watching sport live, either in person, on the box or on the radio is about letting it all hang out and from time to time blowing a fuse, so I don't think anyone should be offended or hold back

party
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:12

anicoll5 wrote:I doubt there is a forum anywhere in sport where posters do not say things in the course of a game taking place or in the few minutes after when the adrenaline is still coursing that, on reflection and when they have got a bit of perspective, they would not say differently or not at all - I know I do all the time

Watching sport live, either in person, on the box or on the radio is about letting it all hang out and from time to time blowing a fuse, so I don't think anyone should be offended or hold back

party

Nic, im guessing that the Arsenal boards are awash with similar posters to Lobo and Lought, but do you really want to see it all the time? infact when i got the freebie for Arsenal v Newcastle it actually shocked me just how fickle all supporters are, i mean you was 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go and the guy behind me left and gave your team the w**ker sign as he walked down the steps!!

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:18

Just checking as Ive not been on here lately but is Nico allowed on this part of the forum ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:20

the guy behind me left and gave your team the w**ker sign as he walked down the steps!!

Well, I have to say he was spot on lol!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:24

Course we do Dave -some knobheads at the Grove who make Lought and Lobby look like die-hard and entirely uncomplaining supporters

There is a new breed of football supporter I have seen in the past three - four years - they actually are much happier booing, complaining about their own side, whingeing about how this player who has left is a c*** or that player's missus is a slag, when you do have a win the first thing they are on about is the mistake someone made or 'why can we not keep a clean sheet'

Football as reduced to a never ending edition of the X factor - all the players and managers treated as cartoon characters - no patience - no effort to understand or to learn - children really who seem to think that pleasure should be guaranteed cos they have 'paid their money !!!'
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:31

anicoll5 wrote:Course we do Dave -some knobheads at the Grove who make Lought and Lobby look like die-hard and entirely uncomplaining supporters

There is a new breed of football supporter I have seen in the past three - four years - they actually are much happier booing, complaining about their own side, whingeing about how this player who has left is a c*** or that player's missus is a slag, when you do have a win the first thing they are on about is the mistake someone made or 'why can we not keep a clean sheet'

Football as reduced to a never ending edition of the X factor - all the players and managers treated as cartoon characters - no patience - no effort to understand or to learn - children really who seem to think that pleasure should be guaranteed cos they have 'paid their money !!!'

hear hear
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Feb 24 2011, 10:33

BazSpur wrote:Nobody posts rubbish dj. What everyone posts is opinions and right or wrong they are entitled to those opinions. I admit I am not the most tacticly aware person on this forum. I really do struggle to understand formations and the effect they have on gameplay and I am being truthful there. Sometimes when I see you blokes talking tactics and how when players push up or drop back it has this effect or that effect on the game it makes sense but I find it hard to think like that on my own but that's just me. That is why you won't find me talking about formations very often because I would probably say something stupid. I do however know when we have played well. I also know when individual play well.

RUBBISH!!!!!

tongue 2 tongue5 tongue 2
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Thu Feb 24 2011, 11:51

ionman34 wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Nobody posts rubbish dj. What everyone posts is opinions and right or wrong they are entitled to those opinions. I admit I am not the most tacticly aware person on this forum. I really do struggle to understand formations and the effect they have on gameplay and I am being truthful there. Sometimes when I see you blokes talking tactics and how when players push up or drop back it has this effect or that effect on the game it makes sense but I find it hard to think like that on my own but that's just me. That is why you won't find me talking about formations very often because I would probably say something stupid. I do however know when we have played well. I also know when individual play well.

RUBBISH!!!!!

tongue 2 tongue5 tongue 2
    Sorry Ionman Baz is not talking Rubbish, I have sat back listening to all the fighting among board members and witness blood bath of the highest order reminiscent to the old Jollers vs Hunters conflicts during the old AOL days if some of you care to remember
    Baz is right IMO the message board is a debate facility to allow fans to give their opinions regardless of whether others like them or not
    The conclusions I can make out of this Blackpool defeat debate are:
    1. Positively we are all passionate about our club, as someone mentioned in here that we all do want Spurs to do well
    2. IMO the lack of Bunter against funs from other clubs - Like it used to be in the old AOL Message board days has contributed hugely to constant bickering and arguing needlessly among ourselves instead of venting some of our frustrations towards rival clubs and vise versa for a change
    3. For those who wish to leave the board I think it is a cowardly approach to all this, I for one will miss their point of views whether I like them or not. Guys there is no fun if we all agree with everything
    4. Come on guys and girls be men or women enough to take whatever on the chin and proceed exchanging ideas as long there are constructive and or they are followed by some kind of reasoning
    5. I treat all of us in here as a family, even families do disagree but make up in the end
    6. Let us agree to disagree and move on
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 24 2011, 12:10

Totally agree with all that Phil, however I think you'll find ion's post was somewhat tongue in cheek fella.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Feb 24 2011, 14:09

LOL!

I was having a giggle with Baz Phil, an attempt to 'lighten the mood' as it were. Not to worry though, considering how touchy the mood has been on here I can understand your reaction. Although the use of the smilies might have given it away?

No harm no foul.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Feb 24 2011, 14:17

2. IMO the lack of Bunter against funs from other clubs

Are you, perchance, from New Zealand Bro?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 22:30

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Fri Feb 25 2011, 02:11

ionman34 wrote:
    LOL!

I was having a giggle with Baz Phil, an attempt to 'lighten the mood' as it were. Not to worry though, considering how touchy the mood has been on here I can understand your reaction. Although the use of the smilies might have given it away?

No harm no foul.

Thanks point taken Ion and Baz, I feel better now
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Fri Feb 25 2011, 02:20

Well I obviously missed all the bunter amongst yourselves lol... is that what the sending to our section was all about?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 23:18