The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
All the possession. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
All the possession. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
All the possession. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
All the possession. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
All the possession. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
All the possession. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
All the possession. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
All the possession. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
All the possession. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

All the possession. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

All the possession.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

All the possession. Empty All the possession.

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 20 2011, 00:31

We really should have scored, we are battering them but just cannot score. We really should have put this away by now. Hit the woodwork twice. I hate it when this happens. When a team has 80% possession we really should have made more of it. Lets hope we can get on the end of a couple of goals at least. The spams aren't even in this game at the moment.

All the possession. Empty Re: All the possession.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 00:44

Very bright start then dropped off a bit, Daws unlucky not to score, Defoe should have done better with the rebound and overall as long as we stay tight at the back the goals will come our way . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 20 2011, 01:43

How many times are we going to have games like this? I am sick of hearing about how many chances we had. We did the same at Blackpool. It can't always be bad luck surely? Is it just bad finishing? 4th place is slipping away from us lads and lasses. Well disappointed. It was a game we should not have just won. It was a game we should have won very well indeed. Our season has been full of should have dones. I'm doing well to not go into a full blown rant lol. I know some of you are going to talk about missed chances and the woodwork but how many times have we heard that in the past. It's always the same old story.

Last edited by BazSpur on Sun Mar 20 2011, 01:44; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 01:44

Yet again we showed our weakness in turning chances into goals. Disapointed to say the least . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Mar 20 2011, 01:49

its our positioning, players just stand still, they dont move into positions where players can play a through ball, we're just to dam static. Also, not enough crosses are played into the box with accuracy, when we do get a cross in, the ball just goes straight through with no real pressure or movement and we try to play too much through the middle, west ham just parked the bus and succeeded. We are now paying the price for not investing in a proper striker and there goes 4th place.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Mar 20 2011, 01:52

Garbage that was Bale and Dawson unlucky DEFOE will the real Defoe stand up hes gone crap cant hit a barn door. Arry d**k we where shooting from long range why not bring Kranky on. 24 attempts on goal sack of crap proves we should of bought a striker in Jan im getting sick and tired of not beating rubbish teams top 4 again my ass Chelsea Man City and Liverpool all away yet.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 20 2011, 03:09

Yep, we are up against it. The tragedy for me is that had we a decent couple of strikers or even one decent striker on the books ion would be right we could be a Prem winning team. We have the midfield sorted and the defence seems to be sorted but for gods sake our strike force is woeful. I worry that if we don't get 4th the likes of Bale, VDV, Modric and Gallas will look elsewhere. Then we are effectively starting again. We all knew we should have bought last Summer but we relied on strikers that to be honest have never really been prolific. Now we are reaping what we have sowed. The likes of Defoe and Crouch are ok when we are going for 5th or 4th but does anyone really think they can take us to the next level. The other thing is and it's been spoken about before on here and other forums. Unless we start to pay big player wages we are never going to get the big players that can make the difference. We all know it really don't we?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 04:03

baz defoe had about 10 chances. even when he was 1 on 1 hes shots right at the keeper. im soz but 2 league goals plus a pen in a year football is not good enough.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Mar 20 2011, 04:17

im worried about vdv not looking happy keep being subbed, thats 2nd time hes stormed off straight down tunnel. others will be watching him.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Mar 20 2011, 06:01

shearspur wrote:im worried about vdv not looking happy keep being subbed, thats 2nd time hes stormed off straight down tunnel. others will be watching him.

And he should stop being disrespectful to the manager and the Team by alwys heading for the tunnel when substituted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 19:19