The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry again EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry again EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry again EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry again EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry again EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry again EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry again EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry again EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry again EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry again Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
djfitzo
shearspur
ionman34
7 posters

harry again

harry again Empty harry again

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:07

Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp believes he can win the Premier League during his tenure - and has criticised outspoken fans who believe the club should be doing better this season.

Hopes of a first league title since 1961 have faded this term with Spurs now 14 points behind Manchester United following Saturday's goalless draw at home to relegation threatened West Ham United.

But Redknapp believes his team will continue to improve and could challenge the status quo.

He said: "I think we have got a title in us at this club. But I don't think about finishing in the top four too much, really. "I don't go to sleep worrying about it, thinking 'I've got to get in the Champions League because Tottenham are always in it every year!' Yeah, Tottenham always used to finish above Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool ... they get in every year. I have come here and f***ed up their team!

"If we finish fifth and reach the Champions League quarter-finals ... what can you do? I will not lose any sleep over it.

"Whether other people who don't know football are satisfied, I don't know. Are we really supposed to finish above Man City, after the money they have spent? And Chelsea, ars*nal, Man United...? I think I can win the title with Tottenham but I can't put a time-frame on it."

harry again Empty Re: harry again

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:09

thats why lots of spurs fans havent taken to him. they hardly sing hes name at games.

keeps having digs at our club. jol never used to keep slaggin of our fans. harry was the one building us up sayin we can win the league then a few bad results later he sayins we should be happy with 5th.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:12

I have said this about Harry .He has know loyalty with any club .This job is a stepping stone .He wants the England job or even one of the so called bigger clubs.
    I get nervous and sleepless before every game and cant believe our manager does not.This is my biggest reason for my feelings towards Harry .I want a manager who is going to love this club .I want a manager lives and breaths this club as the fans do

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:19

Lought ! i really cant see that as having a go at tottenham, its being realistic and he is simply trying to say it the way it is.

No team has a sublime right to cl football, there will be years when the goons, chelsea and even man utd will slip up and miss out.

Its been refreshing this year, gareth bales performances in the cl gave me a lot of pleasure, and we are still in it.

Only one criticism of harry i have this term is the failure to procure a free scoring front player, it was so very obvious, but i think defoe has not delivered and that harry put a lot of faith in his goal scoring abilities.

Crouch..well even harry says he has other uses and pav just doesnt do it for harry, but pav has had his chances, he as well as all spurs players have to make it impossible for harry to drop.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:42

pav outscored defoe in 2010 and so far this season
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Apr 02 2011, 03:32

Our manager states that he believes there is a title in us but you believe he is slagging off the fans.

He is professional in his approach, is able to detatch himself emotionally from his job, which if he didn't the job would surely kill him at his age, and you think this means he couldn't care less.

He bigs up the team, claiming that we were in with a chance of the title, at a time when we WERE in with a shout, then settles down when we don't, and you see this as him misleading the fans. Have you considered that maybe he's saying all the right things to give the team the self belief they need to challenge?

I'm at a loss with you Lought. Without fail you jump on every opportunity to have a pop at our manager, all based on your interpretation of what he says at any given time. Where most of the rest of us can see the positives in his statements, you only see negatives.
    Where we all see the positive sgnings he's made, you focus on the players we didn't get.

What on Earth are you going to do WHEN we win the title? Complain that we got lucky? That we should have done it by a bigger points margin? That our goal difference should have been higher? That any manager could have done it with this team? That it should have been a Double?

Mind you, if we ever did do the double again, you'd complain that we should have got the treble ....................And so on and so forth.

One of these days you'll scare the life out of me when I see something positive written on here. At that point I'll probably ring 999 and report that you've been abducted and someone else is using your computer!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 05:42

so why dont the spurs fans sing songs about harry.
    why have we got the worst points from the teams at the bottom.

our league form this season has been really poor.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 06:28

I was waiting for the april first gotcha from lought ion ! he must be serious then.... affraid

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 06:42

i am being serious though. why dont fans that go to spurs home games sing harrys name like they did with jol.

when we win harry takes the credit yet when we lose he blames other things.

i just dont like harry sarcastic coments about my club.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 06:46

Lought I've just spent the last 2hrs trying to make up a song about 'arry and to be honest not much rhymes with Redknapp. Or 'arry come to that . . . . . . . . TheDJ

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 08:10

im just starting a debate about harry. on the vitalspurs forum there dont seem to be much love for harry.

im not sayin hes doing a really bad job i just dont like the way hes always stuff like 2 points from 8 and likes spurs always finish above liverpool and man c.

i dont care how much man c spent we still got the better team and better strengh in deph and expect us to finnish above them.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 08:34

Wots up Lought ? Fed up with knocking the players so time for the manager ? Sorry mate but these are good times at Spurs, quarter finals of the C/L and fifth in the leauge with all chance of top 4 before seasons end. . . . . .

(you start a thread knocking him yet then post the following)[u]im not sayin hes doing a really bad job i just dont like the way hes always stuff like 2 points from 8 and likes spurs always finish above liverpool and man c.

i dont care how much man c spent we still got the better team and better strengh in deph and expect us to finnish above them.
    [/u] (your words Lought)

WTF more do you want mate ? Citeh had spent loads last season and we done 'em but it just seems that that dosen't hold anything for you anymore . . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Apr 02 2011, 08:41

i agree with lought on this one, sometimes harry is a bit on the defensive if anyone slightly has the temerity to question him on anything spurs that he dont want to hear, cmon harry people are allowed to criticise sometimes if they see flaws in your management strategy and decisions, thats the price of being a media darling it aint always gonna be praising you. cheap P*ss take answers make you sound big headed and cant accept any critisism which is easy i suppose when your financially secure and can walk at any time.i love what you have done for our club but nobody is above critisism at times. you cant take all the plaudits when going well but not take the flak at some point.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 08:59

its like hes nocking spurs all the time. he didnt say hes club he said there club. just rememember harry you aint done much apart from manange some small clubs and won 1 fa cup.

what if we lose to real madrid then liverpool overtake us and we finish 6th.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Apr 02 2011, 16:36

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]its like hes nocking spurs all the time. he didnt say hes club he said there club. just rememember harry you aint done much apart from manange some small clubs and won 1 fa cup.

Then take a team on the cusp of relegation and put them in the Championd League in less than 2 years.

Funny how you missed that stat Lought. Then again, it's not really.

what if we lose to real madrid then liverpool overtake us and we finish 6th.

What if we beat Real, then beat Barca, then overtake Chelsea and Citeh to finish 3rd?

Only an idiot bases his assessment of ability on what if's Lought, and I don't think you're an idiot.

You seem Hell bent on proving me wrong though.

BTW, can you tell me what songs were sung about Bill Nicholson when he managed Spurs?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Apr 02 2011, 19:27

its like hes nocking spurs all the time

But so do you, players and management, does that mean your not really a supporter of Spurs?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 23:39

i been supporting spurs all my life. harry a west ham fan. a team we taken 1 point of this season

i bet most of you hated harry before he came to spurs
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 03 2011, 00:55

I thought Arry was an Arsenal supporter.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Apr 03 2011, 11:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:i been supporting spurs all my life. harry a west ham fan. a team we taken 1 point of this season

But you've been knocking Spurs for as long as I've known you Lought and yet, despite all of that, we all believe your heart is in the right place.
    Redknapp has taken us further than any other manager in the last 20 years and he's looking to take us further.

Wouldn't you say that that means his heart is in the right place too?

i bet most of you hated harry before he came to spurs

That'll explain why you haven't had a win in a while then Lought, you keep making duff bets! lol!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03 2011, 12:34

so you was a big fan of harry when he was at portstmouth. i rekon most of you wernt harry fans untill he came here.

harry says the wigan game is more inportant but you can tell thats lies and hes keeping players back for tuesday.

we had no width aganst wigan even though we had pinear and lennon on the bench. kranker gets 4 mins.

did u watch the game.

our easy games and we have 3 points
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Apr 03 2011, 19:00

Well seeing as how were on the verge of going the same way we did on AOL, ie Jolers and Hunters. My loyalty lies with 'Arry, I think we should be indebted to him for years to come for what he has done for OUR club. Come on guys do we really have that short a memory, have we forgotten how we felt after that dreadful start under Ramos 1 point from 9 games and playing some awful football we were relegation fodder. In comes Redknapp instills a bit of confidence and a bit of mettle into our team and we just miss out on UEFA Cup qualification, next season were playing some of the best football iv seen us play in my 20 years supporting Spurs and we qualify for Europes biggest club competiton "The Champions League". So please guys lets not be so quick to knock Arry, when ever you get the urge to stick the knife in just stop take a deep breath and think back to what he has actually done for Tottenham Hotspur!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 03 2011, 19:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:so you was a big fan of harry when he was at portstmouth. i rekon most of you wernt harry fans untill he came here.

harry says the wigan game is more inportant but you can tell thats lies and hes keeping players back for tuesday.

we had no width aganst wigan even though we had pinear and lennon on the bench. kranker gets 4 mins.

did u watch the game.

our easy games and we have 3 points

Lought, there are no easy games, Chelsea were lucky against Stoke, yet we beat them 2-1 at theirs, Arsenal drew at home to 10 man Blackburn, yet we beat them home and away, you really have a short memory.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 03 2011, 20:48

VisionarySound wrote:Lought I've just spent the last 2hrs trying to make up a song about 'arry and to be honest not much rhymes with Redknapp. Or 'arry come to that . . . . . . . . harry again 611375

Easy !!

To the tune of " you are my sunshine my only sunshine !!

Ole arry rednapp he talks a lotta crap he keeps us guessing all of the time , and no matter how hard we try to tell him when it comes to sub theres no changing his mind

that was to to easy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 03 2011, 21:13

I have to admit I was not a Harry fan until he came to us. I hated him when he was with the Spams. He took great pleasure in taunting us Spurs fans when we were having a bad run saying West Ham were now a bigger club than Spurs. Anyone remember that? I do. However, I will not knock what he has done for us since he's been here, he has given us our best two seasons for years and he saved us from relegation. I don't think I could take to Harry as much as say Martin Jol but I won't knock him. He is a good manager IMO.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Apr 03 2011, 23:09

Harry can turn round and say he think's he can bring the Premiership title to Tottenham in his reign, but are certain player's who I believe are the backbone of this club going to hang around long enough for him to achieve this, imo I think not, and he certainly will not with these result's against the team's we should be beating in order to win the title. Anyway, will Harry himself be here long enough to achieve his goal in which case if he is not I suppose he will turn around and say, had I stayed at the club I think we would have won the title.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content