The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
changes needed EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
changes needed EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
changes needed EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
changes needed EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
changes needed EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
changes needed EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
changes needed EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
changes needed EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
changes needed EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

changes needed Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ArnieArdiles
totalytot
djfitzo
LOBO
8 posters

changes needed

changes needed Empty changes needed

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06 2011, 09:11

we been rubbish for a while now. changes need to be made.

vdv needs to be benched.

i know we can recal walker but can we recal towsend or naugton or gio.

442 we have 3 home games . stoke real m arsenal.

the league games should take piority now.

jenas should be dropped. hudd and hopefull kaboul comes back
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

changes needed Empty Re: changes needed

Post by LOBO Wed Apr 06 2011, 19:32

Im worried we dont have enough goals in us , arry done us proud last season but the club decided that investment in new players was not an option for now and turned all its attentions to fighting westham for the olympic stadium , if you want changes your gonna have to wait till the summer cos its not happening anytime soon, arry now knows whats needed, the team as whole is good, but crochie & defoe and couple other have to seriously be big question marks for the future for the simple reason they havent delivered period , it could cost us 4th and the managers job.. big changes need to be made in the summer and if we do get in another manager and harbour dreams of a consistant top four finish then we seriously need to bring in a top coach who can handle the pressure and control players someone that understands europe , arry is reletively new to europe its been a been learning kerb, but arry is no spring chicken hes 64 , jose would cost an arm an a leg i cant see it but you never know with us
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Apr 06 2011, 21:12

but the club decided that investment in new players was not an option for now

sorry Lobo, i disagree, what the club decided was to not pay over the odds again for strikers that cant even score against West brom.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Apr 07 2011, 00:25

djfitzo wrote: but the club decided that investment in new players was not an option for now

sorry Lobo, i disagree, what the club decided was to not pay over the odds again for strikers that cant even score against West brom.

Yes but it could be the differance between CL football or europa league if we don't make fourth we stand to lose 50 mill maybe more in right's & tv deals , add to that we could lose Bale & Modders , so sometime spending over the odds to beat of competitors is the only option if you want sucess on the field, spend 35 mill on a stiker & another midfielder will seem small fry if we are to make 4th again, if we don't this could be a costly mistake, i know Spurs have never been a club for shelling out top dollar on players but this is a whole new ball game , but there is no deniing our strikers have failed miserably this season, we have to a certain extent cut our own noses of to spite our face , or as lought would say put all our eggs in one basket , so spend 35 on carroll or suarez would have been solid investment knowing arry he would have opted for carroll .

We had our chance but didnt take it leaving us with 3 strikers 1 short for the latter end of the season, you cant fight CL with half a team its un heard off and fool hardy to think you can ,i would have thought it was pretty obvious dragging one's feet over transfers like we have done so many time in the past was a thing of the past given our new found status but yet again we hear that a last minute deal to sign adams failed, levy understands money but he doesnt understand the transfer market period !!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 10:46

4 games o goals
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Apr 08 2011, 19:30

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote: but the club decided that investment in new players was not an option for now

Yes but it could be the differance between CL football or europa league if we don't make fourth we stand to lose 50 mill maybe more in right's & tv deals , add to that we could lose Bale & Modders , so sometime spending over the odds to beat of competitors is the only option if you want sucess on the field, spend 35 mill on a stiker & another midfielder will seem small fry if we are to make 4th again, if we don't this could be a costly mistake, i know Spurs have never been a club for shelling out top dollar on players but this is a whole new ball game , but there is no deniing our strikers have failed miserably this season, we have to a certain extent cut our own noses of to spite our face , or as lought would say put all our eggs in one basket , so spend 35 on carroll or suarez would have been solid investment knowing arry he would have opted for carroll .

We had our chance but didnt take it leaving us with 3 strikers 1 short for the latter end of the season, you cant fight CL with half a team its un heard off and fool hardy to think you can ,i would have thought it was pretty obvious dragging one's feet over transfers like we have done so many time in the past was a thing of the past given our new found status but yet again we hear that a last minute deal to sign adams failed, levy understands money but he doesnt understand the transfer market period !!

Lobo I've been saying on here since the Jan transfer window ended that it will cost us 4th place and CL football not just next season but probably for quite a few seasons. We should have invested in 2 top strikers an CD and we would at least of added another 5 or 6 points to what we already have and put us in the driving seat for CL next year.
    I think Levy will rue the day he let it slip through his fingers. As I now believe that we will lose Bale , Modric and VDV next season and then it could be all down hill. Call me a cynic or what but I think Bale signed the 4 year deal because Spurs said that if the get a offer of 50mil+ he could go and by what he has said in the Spanish press he has already made up his mind.

We shall see of course but the future for me is not looking bright.

Mikey M

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Apr 08 2011, 20:05

totalytot wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Lobo I've been saying on here since the Jan transfer window ended that it will cost us 4th place and CL football not just next season but probably for quite a few seasons. We should have invested in 2 top strikers an CD and we would at least of added another 5 or 6 points to what we already have and put us in the driving seat for CL next year.
    I think Levy will rue the day he let it slip through his fingers. As I now believe that we will lose Bale , Modric and VDV next season and then it could be all down hill. Call me a cynic or what but I think Bale signed the 4 year deal because Spurs said that if the get a offer of 50mil+ he could go and by what he has said in the Spanish press he has already made up his mind.

We shall see of course but the future for me is not looking bright.

Mikey M

we will know come end of the season, but for now we want liverpool to beat city and we beat them at there place and hope they lose again cos there goals scored is much higher than ours Obviousy, so we need city to lose 3 games in the next 8 to be in with a chance , losing bale is not the end of the world imo losing modric would be
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Apr 08 2011, 21:21

Ive said it before, will say it again ....

I dont think all is right between the chairman , board room and the manager ....

Its because of this

Harry .... I need to buy some center forwards ...

Levy ...okay Harry , who and how much ..[/color]

Harry ... I want Defoe and Crouch .....

Levy .... We sold Defoe to Pompey for 7 million and Crouch is 29 years old so
    he's not got any sell on value.. Okay if you can get the pair of the
    for 12 million we can do a deal..[/color]

Harry ... Nah Danny they want 24 million for the two but its worth the deal ..
    They will score us the goals to get us CL , I promise you, the
    russian is cack..

Boardroom .... Harry just wants to do Pompey a favour and we sold Defoe for
    7 million..[/color]

Levy ...... No I trust Harry really believes the players will do it for us but
    I share your concerns about the fees..[/color]

Harry ..... Danny trust me & get the deals done

Levy ..... Leave the Boardroom to me but I still think the deals are to
    expensive ...

We do the two deals for a total of 24 million with reluctance by Levy .....

Then soon after ......

Harry ...... Danny,, Danny I need one more striker to complete the jigsaw..

Levy ..... Who and how much ...?

Harry ..... Rafa Benitez has been on the fone and he's offering me Keano for
    18 million..

Levy ...... But we sold him to the scousers for 20 million and we were well
    pleased not gonna buy him back for 18 million..

Harry .... No Danny , trust me Keano is top class , great in the dressing room
    too and if we want CL football hes just the man we need
    if we're serious about building a top team...

Levy .... They aint gonna like it in the boardroom ....
    They were clinking their champagne glasses the day we sold
    Keane for 20 million ...

Harry ..... He will score goals and that russian is cack ...
    With JD and Crouch , Keano will get us the goals
    And the russian is cack .....

Levy .... Ok I will have a word with them

Harry ..... Ive managed to get Rafa to knock his price down to 16 million.
    We can do the deal Danny .. Keano is fantastic.

Levy ..... 16 million ...mmm dunno ... We mugged them now they mugging us ..

Harry .....No Danny trust me the boy is class get the deal done ...
    Rafa says 15 million today if we want to do the deal...

Well I think you get the picture?

[/color]
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Apr 08 2011, 23:25

lol like it

more like

danny : arry fancy suarez

arry : yea i love suarez he really is a class player

danny ok lets get him now

arr : old on a minute i said hes a class player , but just dont like him, he looks at you in a funny way , don't like that danny

danny: ok arry about carroll

arry : yea yeah hes a wondewr player id love to have in in my team

danny : ok lets get him

arry: old on a mo danny boy, i dont like his long hair and attitude

danny : who then arry who ?? we have one hour till the window closes

arry: hold a mo dan, the phone is ringing

dan : ok arry

arry: ahh damn the window is closed

dan: damn it arry damn it

arry: yea i know dan lololol , i was just saying to my pal the FA we missed the window again trololol

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09 2011, 02:48

arnie that is brillant i waiting for dj reply to that.

remember harry wanted judas phill nevil anton ferdinand and david james joe cole lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Apr 09 2011, 06:16

truth is levy spent to much time and effort trying to get the olympic stadium and took his eye off the ball in jan transfer window thinking everything was ok . all he could think about was the bloody os and the new revenue it would bring in.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Apr 09 2011, 06:32

I'll go with that Shear. Far too much effort wasted on something that was never going to go in our favour.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Apr 09 2011, 06:53

thats the trouble baz , sometimes they cant see the good we have at the time and put all the effort into that instead of fingers in to many pies all at once. they should have concreted this season in finishing 4th minimum then built on that as the foundation stone with two consecutive seasons in champs lge it would have attracted the better players and maybe keep the ones we want to rather than looking like one season wonders with no stability.i wont knock the team for what they have done this season and last but it seems such a shame if it all implodes now because of decisions from above that werent fully focused on what we were building.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Apr 09 2011, 17:48

arnie that is brillant i waiting for dj reply to that.

To be honest I thought that was hilarious!!

But I still stand by my thoughts on the subject.

We had Suarez in the bag at what I thought was a decent price, meanwhile his agent is going round ALL the top clubs and touting him. Pool knew Torres was on his way and as soon as that happened they was always going to outbid us, nothing the chairman or Harry could have done about it and like I said theres no guarantee the Suarez would have worked for us, it seems that prem defenders are already starting to get the measure of him and as for 35 million for Carroll, do me a favour, so apart from them two, what top class strikers could we realistically have bought?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:16

djfitzo wrote:arnie that is brillant i waiting for dj reply to that.

To be honest I thought that was hilarious!!

But I still stand by my thoughts on the subject.

We had Suarez in the bag at what I thought was a decent price, meanwhile his agent is going round ALL the top clubs and touting him. Pool knew Torres was on his way and as soon as that happened they was always going to outbid us, nothing the chairman or Harry could have done about it and like I said theres no guarantee the Suarez would have worked for us, it seems that prem defenders are already starting to get the measure of him and as for 35 million for Carroll, do me a favour, so apart from them two, what top class strikers could we realistically have bought?

I disagree DJ I think that the bar has now been raised and top strikers are going to cost 30-50 mil.It's wrong and madness I know but if you want to compete you have to pay the price or you stand still as a club. Carroll at 35 mil is a lot of money but I believe he will be a sensation next season for L'pool and England and he would be perfect for us with the midfield talent we have to supply him with so many opportunities. But we don't have him or Suarez so where do we go from here?
    Mind you I think Torres will be on the move come end of season but His best days seem to be behind him so even a cut price 25/30 mil would seem to be a waste.
    Still there is always Bent and Zamora they might be able to get us a few goals.

p.s Just to let you know the wife is back home after 4 months in hospital and it's great. As most of you know she had a massive stroke over Christmas and was paralysed on her right side and her speech was severley effected.Well she can now walk up and down the stairs all be it slowly and her speech is coming back a little each week although she gets very frustrated not being able to communicate properly.She did like a chinwag so there are some compensations I suppose even if they are for me.
    It's going to be a long haul but at least she is still with us and a lot better shape than she was. She is one srong lady and I knew if any one could do it she could.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:38

Glad to hear the Wife is on the mend Miley. Good luck to both of you over the long haul . . . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:45

Pleased to hear that Mikey as Vis says good luck for the future and thanks for updating us.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 21:27

good to hear your wife is on the mend
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 12 2011, 04:13

So pleased to hear your wife is feeling better Mikey. Best of luck you both. Baz and family
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Apr 12 2011, 05:03

Glad she back home where she belongs. Good Luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 21:09