The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale Vs Torres EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale Vs Torres EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale Vs Torres EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale Vs Torres EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale Vs Torres EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale Vs Torres EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale Vs Torres EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale Vs Torres EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale Vs Torres EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale Vs Torres Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Bale Vs Torres

Bale Vs Torres Empty Bale Vs Torres

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 08:32

Reports in the meeja yesterday (Sunday papers are never the most trustworthy) have said that Spurs will listen to offers over £30M for Bale. WTF ? How cheap is that and what sort of a message does that send out ? Also Chelski will cut their throats on Torres at a cut-price loss and off-load him. Would selling Bale be made easier for getting Torres ? I do mean the free scoring Torres of old. Could Bale's loss in midfield be off-set by the arrival of a striker who could well fit in very well at Spurs ? Difficult choice but we desperately need a striker, and I do believe we could resurect Torres at Spurs, but is that worth the loss of a player of Bales impact ? Intresting one to debate . . . . . . .

Tottenham may sell Gareth Bale after conceding they would have to listen to offers of above £30m for the Welsh winger. The news will alert the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool as well as Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
    Full story: Sunday Express

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is considering selling striker Fernando Torres in the summer following the Spain star's so-far unsuccessful £50m switch from Liverpool.
    Full story: Mail on Sunday

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bale Vs Torres Empty Re: Bale Vs Torres

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 12 2011, 09:16

Can't see Torres staying in England myself. I think he would go back to Spain

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 09:24

we wouldnt sell bale for 30 mill. 50 mill or no deal
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Apr 12 2011, 19:06

I saw that story on news now and apparently it was just a sloppy write up and all the facts were wrong, don't pay no attention to it ..

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 19:40

The question is hypothetical chaps. As I said Sunday papers are notoriously far-fetched in their reporting. Also I am saying that both players are on top of thieir game, fully fit and doing what they do best. Impact Vs goals . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Apr 13 2011, 07:35

I do believe Bale is going in the summer. As I said yesterday he signed a 4 year deal a few weeks ago on the basis that Spurs would let him go if they got a good price for him. But if they do and it's for 30 mil then they need their brains tested.I accept that before the season started 30 mil would have been a good price and I'm sure we would have sold him like a shot and probably not to many of us would have been to unhappy providing we spent the money on a world class striker. He always had great potential and I always believed he would come good but it hadn't really happened until this season. However he has zoomed up the world ratings with some out of this world displays and vast amounts have been written about his value and some have even put him on a par with Messi, which I find a bit ridiculous really.
    He has to be more consistent and play to the level he showed against the two Milan clubs before he can be put in the same class as Messi and Ronaldo.But I think he will eventually as he is still only 21 and still maturing and this season in Europe has brought him on in leaps and bounds.
    We don't want to be a feeder club for the big boys, we want to be one of the big boys and they always keep their top players except in the case of Ronaldo and even Utd has a price. 80mil they couldn't turn it down could they.
    So if 50 mil is offered for GB I think we would have to take it and spend it plus another 50 in making us a top 4 side.

Having said all this I would rather he stayed, as I would all our star players and really push for the title next season and CL especially as we are unlikely to make it this year.

But if he has to go please not just 30 mil it would show us to be poor negotiaters, especially as the likes of Milner,Barry and at the end of the season Cahill for 25 mil. On todays standards that must make Bale a 50 mil plus player.

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Apr 13 2011, 21:36

totalytot wrote: I do believe Bale is going in the summer.

If we sell him to ManU that would be it for me, its either sell him abroad or nothing , not to our rivals that would be pointless and sure sign that we are happy to be a feeder club and will probably always remain so , i would be absolutely sickened if he was sold to any team in the prem, if he has to go then let Real , Barca or Inter have him, but not UTD anyone but them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 00:20