The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Why

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Why Empty Why

Post by Boltjean Tue Apr 26 2011, 05:26

I have not posted for quite a while but have read the post when on line. I did notice one post, I think it said something about certain poster's not visiting the board as often as they did, and my name was amongst them, and that the reason for this was Loughts post, I can assure Lought that this has not been my reason for not posting, infact there are times that I have the same view's as Lought and some other's who are a bit fed up with the way thing's go a bit pear shaped during the season due to the strikers under achieving and the results going against us against teams we expect to pick up point's from in order to get into the fourth spot and into the Champions League. There is one major gripe I have season after season with Spurs, we can not finish above Arsenal and I do wonder why. They have not made big signings like United and Chelsea but still manage to finish in the top four season after season. Since the 1991-92 season, 20 season's have past and we have finished above them twice, since Wenger took charge in the 1996-97 season, 15 season's ago, we have not finished above them at all. In Wengers reign they have won the Premiership three times and been runners up five times, they have won the FA Cup four times, done the double twice. In those 20 season's we have had 11 manager's, 8 of those in Wengers reign at the Arsenal, I just want to know why we can not do the same but, I think one of those reason's is one that Lought, Lew and Lobo go on about, throwing point's away to those team's in the bottom half of the table, if we could overcome this problem, maybe, just maybe, we could be looking down on the Arsenal for a change, and what a nice change that would be.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Why Empty Re: Why

Post by totalytot Tue Apr 26 2011, 06:44

I think Wenger....and it pains me to say this....has been very good at buying young foreign talent, usually in their teens and bringing them on slowly but giving them experience in the Carling and sometimes the FA cup. Where as we have bought and sold every season and never have a settled side. When we have unearthed the odd gem, sometimes they have been sold on to one of the bigger clubs.

But Wenger has made the big mistake in not buying experienced international players in the last 3 seasons and he is now paying for it by not having won anything for 6 years.

If we can keep all our top players like Bale, Modric, VDV etc and add another 3 top names I know we will finish above Arsenal next year and it will be our best ever season. However keeping those players if we do not qualify for the CL is going to be very difficult.Replacing them with the likes of Cole and Carrick as has been mooted quite a lot in the last few weeks is not the answer. In fact those positions are not needed as we have an abundance of good MF players...providing we keep what we have.

I think Wenger has missed the boat and he could be losing a couple of his top names and next season could be the first time they don't qualify for the CL.

Mikey M
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 26 2011, 06:54

Carrick has just signed a new contract so I dont see him leaving anytime soon ...

Think the Goons will get the cheque book out in the summer otherwise as you say Mickey, their guaranteed top four placing will be under threat..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:26