The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale Injury EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale Injury EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale Injury EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale Injury EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale Injury EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale Injury EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale Injury EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale Injury EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale Injury EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale Injury Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Bale Injury

Bale Injury Empty Bale Injury

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 07:48

Official from the club. Look on the bright side guys, it will probably stop other clubs from chasing him until he recovers and they can assess what it has done to him . . . . . .

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale ruptures ankle ligaments

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale has ruptured ankle ligaments but the club hope he will be fit for pre-season.

A scan has revealed the extent of the damage suffered after a tackle by Charlie Adam forced Bale go off on a stretcher in a draw against Blackpool.

"Gareth will remain in a protective boot for up to 12 days before beginning rehabilitation," said a statement from the Premier League club.

"The player is expected to be fit for the start of pre-season."

However, the Wales international will miss his country's Carling Nations Cup fixtures against Scotland and Northern Ireland in Dublin on 25 and 27 May.

Bale, 21, went off after 64 minutes of the 1-1 draw against Blackpool at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

Midfielder Adam, who was linked with a move to Spurs in the January transfer window, escaped without a booking for the challenge and went on to miss a penalty as well as score a spot-kick in the game.

"It was a bad challenge by Charlie but it's out of character for him," said Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, whose side play Manchester City on Tuesday before games against Liverpool and Birmingham.

"He caught him but having met the boy a few times and spoken to him, I don't think he's that type of lad who would go and purposely try to do somebody like that.

"It was an enthusiastic tackle but it was a bad tackle and he could have easily seen a red card. He came into the dressing room afterwards and apologised."

The injury to the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year is also set to rule him out of playing for Wales at the Four Associations' Tournament later this month.

Redknapp added: "It's a blow but we have been without Gareth quite a bit recently.

"He has had a fantastic season. The first three-quarters of the season he was unplayable, but over the last couple of months the injury situation has taken its toll on him.

"During that time he hasn't quite been the same boy."

Bale Injury Empty Re: Bale Injury

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 08:07

yes harry yet you still played him every secound you could.

but your right vis at least teams may be wary to wanting to sign him now
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue May 10 2011, 17:25

I may get a bit of tongue lashing for this BUT, maybe this injury is a blessing in disguise, now am not having a pop at the lad i think he has been 1 of our players of the season 2nd only to Modric IMO and we need to keep hold of him at all costs he is a world beater, (plus my daughter wants Bale on the back of her shirt next season) but he has been running on empty for the last few weeks now, the general consensus for teams now is to "Stop Bale playing by any means" and its worked. You could see against Blackpool in the 1st half no willingness to take on the right back at all, he looked knackered yet Harry continued to play him and the result..... Mr Adams succeeding in what a few others have tried in recent weeks! Now the lad gets a rest albeit in nasty circumstances but he get the rest he deserves i wish him a speedy recovery and hope he is raring to go for next term! Baaaaale, Baaaale, Baaaale, Baaaale!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 08:22

HotspurRoper wrote:I may get a bit of tongue lashing for this BUT, maybe this injury is a blessing in disguise, now am not having a pop at the lad i think he has been 1 of our players of the season 2nd only to Modric IMO and we need to keep hold of him at all costs he is a world beater, (plus my daughter wants Bale on the back of her shirt next season) but he has been running on empty for the last few weeks now, the general consensus for teams now is to "Stop Bale playing by any means" and its worked. You could see against Blackpool in the 1st half no willingness to take on the right back at all, he looked knackered yet Harry continued to play him and the result..... Mr Adams succeeding in what a few others have tried in recent weeks! Now the lad gets a rest albeit in nasty circumstances but he get the rest he deserves i wish him a speedy recovery and hope he is raring to go for next term! Baaaaale, Baaaale, Baaaale, Baaaale!!!!!!!!!!

Lee ! if redknapp had any fcking brains he would use the fact that bale is marked tightly by ordering his midfielders to get the ball out to lennon, who now has a lot more freedom, once defenders realise bale isnt the main route at goal it would free him up more.

They say footballers are thick and by christ the bale situation proves it, even the players keep whacking it out to bale and then the move breaks down.it isnt rocket science but harry hasnt any tactical nous whatsoever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:53