The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The fight for fifth and all it involves. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The fight for fifth and all it involves. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

The fight for fifth and all it involves.

The fight for fifth and all it involves. Empty The fight for fifth and all it involves.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 08:13

The next and last battle is for fifth place and europa league.

Now brian the fishmonger at my local market is a staunch tottenham man through and through and was on the verge of giving me a verbal bashing today when i said its a cnuts comp, he said its still europe, yeah , and i was just about to whack him with a wet mackeral across the a*se when he said " that actually might be quite enjoyable " but lets be serious for a minute.

I explained to him that i wouldnt mind a campaign in the europa as long as harry sees it as a chance to play fringe players and most importantly...for the youngsters instead of loaning them out, who the fcuk has come through this season ?

But he wont do that, he will play what he thinks is the best side and W*nk the guts out of the first team so they are knackered for the prem.

Now if you blokes want europa, its up to you ? the prem is first priority in my book and so is the bringing through of youngsters............this third rate grandiose carling cup type comp filled with championship class teams should be treated as such...its crap, there is no money in it, and it only serves the team any good if it brings out talent from the reserves.

So bollox to 5th, liverpool can have it, it will fck their season up big time unless dalglish is more intelligent than harry, because harry will still play the usual non performers.

John lennon once sung give peace a chance..............how about tottenham supporters singing harry " give youth a chance "

The fight for fifth and all it involves. Empty Re: The fight for fifth and all it involves.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 10:07

he wont play the main players. he didnt 2 seasons ago when we was in nockout stages.

im all for uefa cup.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

The fight for fifth and all it involves. Empty Re: The fight for fifth and all it involves.

Post by HotspurRoper Wed May 11 2011, 17:28

Europa League???? Yeah im in Pride
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed May 11 2011, 17:52

we wont beat liverpool and a draw against birmingham will see us finish 7th , got a feeling everton will win there last 2 and finish above us on goals difference putting us out of the europa , one can only pray

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 18:15

callin for warnock and now no europa football, funniest statements i ever read on a forum. wanting your team to finish below others dont say alot about supporters, europa is a usefull excercice for any team and if arsenal didn make champ league i would demand it, the word fickle means wanting different things at different times, i think this not wanting europa is a great example of ficklness, 1 minute u want champ league the next u dont even want europa, lol now thats a big swing in support.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed May 11 2011, 20:27

yes we are very fickle , and so is the admin here who may decide to kick you of the board for fun then again your probably be let back in , like a cat left out in the raining meowing & crying to be let back in to the warmth , this is the fickle nature of spurs fans ..

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 20:47

LOBO wrote:yes we are very fickle , and so is the admin here who may decide to kick you of the board for fun then again your probably be let back in , like a cat left out in the raining meowing & crying to be let back in to the warmth , this is the fickle nature of spurs fans ..
    lol, how did your board get on again
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed May 11 2011, 21:04

i want europa lge as i said before. if its filled with "championship class teams" then how come we didnt go on and win the thing before. some have very grandiose ideas now that we had one season in the champions lge. it wasnt long ago we were celebrating the fact we were in the uefa cup after years in the wilderness, now you think were to good for it. well i want to be in it, get yourself down to one of those evening matches against one of those "championship class teams" and see if you still disrespect it all cos i reckon you might change your mind once the atmosphere hits you in the later stages of the competition.you gotta be in it to win it.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 21:16

fair play to you shears, benficas lisbons ajaxs have better history than most teams. tut tut for anyone not wanting there team in europe, especially a competition that u may be favs to win,championship sides, if that comment wernt so disrespectfull i would laugh.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed May 11 2011, 22:11

I'm f*cking gobsmacked here.

Let me remind you of what our greatest manager EVER said about Europe,

'It's magnificent to be in Europe, and this club - a club like Tottenham Hotspur - if we're not in Europe, we're nothing. We're nothing.'

We revere this man on here and quotes like the above aren't remembered because they gave us a laugh, it's because they are Gospel. I don't care if times have changed since the 60's, his words still hold true, if only to provide that extra experience to the up and coming. Fergie did it with Giggs, Beckham, the Nevilles et al and look at what they achieved.

And let me give you a sample of the seeded teams that graced the Europa Cup this term;

Dinamo Bucharest, Liverpool, Juventus, Galatasaray, Porto, Villareal, Fenerbahce, Lille, Bayer Leverkusen, PSG, Feyenoord, Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Ajax, not to mention Citeh, Villa and the likes of Spartak Moscow.

These teams may not have been the best in their countries at the time, but they weren't far off. There's a few CL winners in there too if I'm not too mistaken.

This competition is littered with quality so we should be doing everything in our power to qualify.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 22:40

but harry dont want to be in it. he dont want to be going to small places on a cold thursday night.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed May 11 2011, 23:07

burger is back again wrote:
    LOBO wrote:yes we are very fickle , and so is the admin here who may decide to kick you of the board for fun then again your probably be let back in , like a cat left out in the raining meowing & crying to be let back in to the warmth , this is the fickle nature of spurs fans ..
    lol, how did your board get on again

dont even try me ! , now do us a favour and f**k off

Last edited by LOBO on Wed May 11 2011, 23:12; edited 1 time in total
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed May 11 2011, 23:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:but harry dont want to be in it. he dont want to be going to small places on a cold thursday night.

lol so true lought

can't wait to play fc borginistov of uzbekistan , bound to be a thriller :p

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 11 2011, 23:29

LOBO wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:but harry dont want to be in it. he dont want to be going to small places on a cold thursday night.

lol so true lought

can't wait to play fc borginistov of uzbekistan , bound to be a thriller :p

The fight for fifth and all it involves. 348204 Love it Lobs.

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 23:32

im with ion with this. i want to be in the uefa cup. harry will have to use more reserve players aswell as we have league games 3 days later.

great chance to see the fringe players on a thursday night. and then come on here and have spurs chats after the game.

plus it will fill the week up nicely. hate watching spurs on a wednsday as it means i have to miss footy training
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 11 2011, 23:39

I just think it's such a long competition and I agree we should be in Europe but if Arry don't use the squad properly our Prem form will suffer again.

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 00:05

lol! Got some great replies here and enjoyed them thouroughly, through to being fickle to quotes from the great bill nic !

I really do wish people would read the comments i made correctly before going off on a slant that i dont want euro football unless its the cl.

I repeat that its a load of games over a season added to the prem and the two cups, the europa doesnt really get serious until the final stages, so for me i would want to see youngsters coming through and being used rather than the loaning of them out, the same way that wenger bloods his youngsters.

My fear is that if we do make it harry wont use many fringe players, he doesnt use many in the two domestic cups so why would he break the habit of a lifetime for the europa ?

Thats my bit said on the subject, but those that want it dont post woes on here of a injury hit and tired squad through too many games, and then say harry should have concentrated on the prem, because isnt that what many of you have been saying on here over the last few weeks? and that was in the cl, god knows what comments might be made through a concerted effort in the europa. Crying or Very sad

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 00:42

but the last time we was in that comp in the later stages harry played the kids. im sure he wil do that same what with a prem game 3 days later

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 02:41