The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Predictions and woe is us. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Predictions and woe is us. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Predictions and woe is us. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Predictions and woe is us. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Predictions and woe is us.

Predictions and woe is us. Empty Predictions and woe is us.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:55

Looking at the predictions board and only a few of us knew we would be up for this game, well done to them, we were playing a team in form, but some forgot that europe was at stake here, we were going to get a tonking so i read..........why cant some remember it isnt the defence that let us down , its the strikers...all season that have cost us that cl spot.

Predictions and woe is us. Empty Re: Predictions and woe is us.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 06:08

its both. . bolton blackpool wovles all let in 3 or more goals.

our strikers have been poor but the defence have not been great although i wonder if cudichini had been in goal more we may have more points

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 06:12

Well there you go lought ! i thought you had been banging on about crouch and defoe all season, quoting us stats on their scoring record and then after all that permutation it was the defence after all.

lmao lmao lmao lmao
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 16 2011, 06:14

Let me remind you it was me alought who said we wouldnt get 4th whilst the rest of you said we would, in fact me a lought got crucified for it, and now your telling us what we've known since january with are constant moaning about it, Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh lew , i even remember the "why citeh wont get 4th " thread it was Aprils fools day , i & lought stuck to our guns because we knew and saw what was happening , itsd a shame you couldnt have predicted that as you so kindly reminded us of your liverpool prediction
    Rolling Eyes
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 16 2011, 06:35

of course a lot of us thought we would get 4th spot again lobs why shouldnt we. i dont go into a season thinking of all the negatives that might befall us along the way, i try to look for the positives even though there are dissapointments at certain times. its what supporting your team is all about isnt it . optimism, otherwise its pointless isnt it. yeah we can all have a bit of a moan now and again when things are not going right but we have no divine right to beat those smaller clubs and hoping and wishing for 4th or higher is what it should be about. constantly berating the team or manager is pointless, yeah you might feel better being proved right sometimes but what pleasure is that. dream of bigger things, if they dont quite come true thats football im afraid.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 08:13

LOBO wrote:Let me remind you it was me alought who said we wouldnt get 4th whilst the rest of you said we would, in fact me a lought got crucified for it, and now your telling us what we've known since january with are constant moaning about it, Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh lew , i even remember the "why citeh wont get 4th " thread it was Aprils fools day , i & lought stuck to our guns because we knew and saw what was happening , itsd a shame you couldnt have predicted that as you so kindly reminded us of your liverpool prediction
    Rolling Eyes

We know what both you and lought said for the past 4 months lobs, and most of us just kept quiet and let you two waffle on, i personally was hopeful that we would hit a good patch of form at some stage that didnt happen, but i wasnt negative like you two were.

Also lobs, myself and a couple of spurs mate were predicting 6th because of the cl participation, i never posted that because as i said i was hopeful the team might hit form, and that was when the prem points first started to slip.....

I have just looked for the april 1st thread "why citeh wont get 4th " and cant find it, please pull it up lobs.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 16 2011, 08:45

I think next season we will be right up there, arry has learned a big big lesson this season..we just got to take it on the chin

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 15:18

LOBO wrote:I think next season we will be right up there, arry has learned a big big lesson this season..we just got to take it on the chin

I just dont think anyone on here believes what harry says lobs, it will be just as hard,man city are already touted as buying big for the cl, ferguson will strengthen again, wenger will buy and sell, chelsea will have to keep up and that leaves us the scraps out there to try and buy, and thats the reason why i would like a proper youth system in place at spurs.

Then of course liverpool will want to be back where they were, they will be after anyone left after city and the rest have creamed off anyone with any ability.

Its hard mate , its hard to keep pace with city with all that money, but one glimmer of hope is that chelsea and arsenal arent that much in front of us, a few wins against the lower sides and look where we could have been.

Its something the players even admit, (was it gallas) that said they thought they just had to turn up, big learning point i think for the players is that they have to scrap against the little teams.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 14:28