The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. Empty This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him.

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 03 2011, 20:32

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. Empty Re: This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him.

Post by LOBO Fri Jun 03 2011, 20:51

Never heard of him so i Googled his name , hes Brazilian 21 years old 6foot 2 , nice size for a striker , certainly not afraid of the ball , this is the sorta players we should be going for young but with good experience already, lets see what happens, but hopefully we get these deals done before pre season starts a
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him. Empty Re: This fella looks class. Lets hope we up the bid for him.

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 03 2011, 21:00

The trouble is we haven't offered what they want for him. They want around 15 mill we have offered 10. We will have to move fast if we want him as some of Europe's big guns are also after him.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jun 04 2011, 00:44

This is what always happens, we are afraid to spend and then they get sold to someone else and we're left to start again, and this process will continue right up to the final day 'still looking for a striker and probably end up signing a defender instead
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 04 2011, 00:49

I agree, sometimes you just have to take a chance. If the scouts have done their job properly there should be no doubt. Having said that the Suarez debacle comes to mind when talking about the scouts.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 04 2011, 00:51

Tottenham are to table an improved offer according to reports. Better get their finger out then before he gets snapped up by Barca or real.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 01:16

Annoying when you think modric has come out and said he will stay if we signal our intentions by getting in a couple of big signings, we have record profits from the season due to the cl, we have to strengthen.

Not saying leandro is a big name (yet) but if he is from the same ilk as sandro,,,,,then for fck sake get him harry. woo hoo
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 04 2011, 01:24

Sandro has been telling Harry to go for him Lew.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Jun 04 2011, 02:13

Trouble is, like I've said before, Harry likes players with experience of premiership football but who knows he could be persuaded.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jun 04 2011, 08:56

It's amazing that Levy tries to be clever and hold out for a cheaper deal when buying but when selling he asks for more and gets nothing. Palacious at the moment is a glaring example. They have offered 10 mil Levy wants 12. In the end he'll stay and its less money for buying. The same thing happened with Keane in January we had offers of 6/7 mil but Levy wanted 10 and we are stuck with him. Bentley could have gone for 10 but we wanted more and he went out on loan like Keane.They are all past their sell by date get a few mill for all the dead wood and add it to what Levy has already promised Harry .....I hope he has.....There is no doubt we could raise quite a few quid with players whom we wouldn't know they had gone.
    I cans ee us missing out on a few good names unless we move quickly and also very quietly.

I understand that Real Madrid want shot of some players and Higuin is one of them and I really rate the guy and would be happy o see him down the Lane.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 04 2011, 11:11

Spot on Mikey, Levy is a smooth player and he got away with it with Carrick and Berbatov but he won't always get away with it.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jun 04 2011, 22:01

totalytot wrote:

It's amazing that Levy tries to be clever and hold out for a cheaper deal when buying but when selling he asks for more and gets nothing. Palacious at the moment is a glaring example. They have offered 10 mil Levy wants 12. In the end he'll stay and its less money for buying. The same thing happened with Keane in January we had offers of 6/7 mil but Levy wanted 10 and we are stuck with him. Bentley could have gone for 10 but we wanted more and he went out on loan like Keane.They are all past their sell by date get a few mill for all the dead wood and add it to what Levy has already promised Harry .....I hope he has.....There is no doubt we could raise quite a few quid with players whom we wouldn't know they had gone.
    I cans ee us missing out on a few good names unless we move quickly and also very quietly.

I understand that Real Madrid want shot of some players and Higuin is one of them and I really rate the guy and would be happy o see him down the Lane.

Mikey M

Ive said all long that levy is a brilliant money man but he just don't know how the transfer market works, he aint got a clue and this is where we miss Commoli who now happens to be liverpools chief of recruiments, another one of levys scew ups, i believe we missed out od saurez cos arry didnt rate him, and you look at arry's buy's all but 1 or 2 have a been a failure

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 20:01