The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Should We ??? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Should We ??? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Should We ??? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Should We ??? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Should We ??? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Should We ??? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Should We ??? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Should We ??? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Should We ??? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Should We ??? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Should We ???

Should We ??? Empty Should We ???

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11 2009, 08:38

Should teams such as England play teams like Andoraa ??? Games like tonight do make you wonder. 6-0 and a stroll in the park. As much as I feel qualifying should be for all teams (the same as I feel the Champs League is a fixed closed shop for the G18) I do wonder if the so called minnows should play a pre-qualifying league?? I think that UEFA likes them because it means more final numbers at the World Cup for European teams and therefore more power for Pratini and the cock Blatter but . . . . . Maybe draw 2 of them wild cards to be drawn straight in with the "Big Boys"? Then make the rest of 'em (San Marino et al) play and get experience of close fought games. Maybe after that make them play against a second stage of teams that are slightly better but only just (Khazikstan etc ???). After these 2, or maybe 3, qualifying leagues we would have teams that could justify full International games. This could help their development and make them more competetive and willing to play attacking football. I'm a bit torn on this as I do feel it is also their right to be in the competition as members of UEFA but. . . . . . . but, are they really good enough and are we (England etc) & UEFA doing them any favours by throwing them in the deep end ????? OK thanx to teams like Andorra qualifacation for the World Cup gets a big helping hand (can you imagine England gettin' thro' a group with Germany, Spain, Holland & Greece in ?) but does this kind of group demean the very esscence of competiton ???? Be intrested to hear youse guys thoughts and who you think are the really CRAP teams and which teams aren't so crap. ... . .. .. . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Should We ??? Empty Re: Should We ???

Post by SuneJim Fri Jun 12 2009, 01:23

It's my opinion they should have to play teams like Andorra we all love a goal fest & even though they got trounced you see they were havin the time of there life. A couple retired at Wembley as well. You can't pick & chose who you play if they qualify they qualify.

You can't just go round moving the goal posts when you want if you don't like what your seeing. It would be unfair on the smaller teams & lets face it i bet the likes of Defoe liked the chance to bag a couple of goals.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 13:50