The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
A Prize EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
A Prize EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
A Prize EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
A Prize EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
A Prize EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
A Prize EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
A Prize EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
A Prize EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
A Prize EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

A Prize Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

A Prize

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

A Prize Empty A Prize

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 13 2011, 05:36

RE The Hero to zero topic. I posted a couple of extracts about Bill Nicholson from a book called THE DOUBLE by Ken Ferris. There are those of you that may have this book and have read it, but for those of you that have not I would like to donate the book as a prize. This book is a paper back but as with all my books is in mint condition. The problem I am having is how to come up with something to inable you to win it. At first I thought, after the first six games of the season name the top six clubs in order top to sixth and the bottom four, 16th to 20th, but if anyone else has a better idea I would like to know. In fairness I would only like those to enter who do not have this book as there is little point in someone having two coppies. So firstly let me know who want's to take part and secondly any ideas other than mine on how to win it would be welcome. I think this is a great book, and on reading it there were times I had a tear in my eyes and I suppose it was because it brought back so many wonderful memories, and for those of you who were not as lucky as me to witness Spurs achieving the Double I believe you will feel on reading this book that you did indeed witness the greatest time in our history, and perhaps feel as choked as I was on reading this book.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

A Prize Empty Re: A Prize

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jul 13 2011, 05:43

A cracking gesture Len mate! Your idea sounds great and i wouldnt mind read that book as like i said i love reading about our history so count me in pal!!!!
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 13 2011, 05:56

Thank you Lee. I do feel that what I have suggested in order for someone to win this book might hit a snag as some teams might have only played five games when others have played there six, what do you think. Or shall we say after our first six games how will the top six look and the bottom four regardless of how many the other teams have played.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:05

rather than saying 1st six games you could set a date dead line, say 1st October! Just an idea mate

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:39

Love to have a go Len. How about a simpleish idea ? 1st goal scorer of the new season ? Just a thought mate (LOL I predict Modric) . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jul 13 2011, 07:02

how about how many more times thfc get shafted by players before the season finishes. sorry len only jokin but still fuming. i will have a go when you decide on it mate. thanks
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 13 2011, 07:50

How about giving it to the winner of Lee's predictions competition at the end of the season?
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jul 13 2011, 17:11

Not a bad idea that Baz, i was going to throw a few prizes in myself for the winner, nothing too over board, if thats ok?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 13 2011, 20:13

Hey mate, it's your competition. You do as you please fella.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 13 2011, 22:05

OK Baz, I will go with the giving it to the Prediction Winner, and I will donate a prize to the top four. Now people may think I am mad giving up the few items I have on Spurs, I did have loads at one time but let them go over the years. I would rather these few go to someone who loves the Spurs as they will not be any good to me when I go to Levys stadium in the sky and my wife gives them to some charity shop. I have 3 books, The Spurs Quiz Book, The Double by Ken Ferris, and The Glory Game by Hunter Davis, and Spurs at 125 dvd, four prizes. What I will do is give the person who wins Lees Predictions the prize of their choice, followed by the second person, then third and fourth. The only thing I would like to know Baz is how do I find out where the winners live as people might not want to give their email address or home address on the board, what's the best thing to do, can it be done through you?.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 13 2011, 23:11

That's very kind of you Len it's a wonderful gesture and I feel it should be earned. If by chance I should win the Predictions I would like the prize to go to the runner up. Good luck to everyone.

The winners can Private Message you their Addresses Len.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 23:57

im i allowed len
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 14 2011, 01:00

NO.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 01:18

BazSpur wrote:NO.
    ok len lol

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 02:32

baz if you win it then you should have a prize. its not easy to win the prediction league
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 14 2011, 02:57

I won it last season Lought so to win it two years on the trot and win a prize is not not good lol. No, I'd rather it go to one of you blokes to be honest.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jul 14 2011, 02:59

ME!!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 03:55

oh did you. well done. i doubt you wil win again then lol.

i cant belive i came joint 4th i think and thats with all my crazy scores lol
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 14 2011, 05:37

Baz, I am sorry mate but what is this private message, please explain as I still keep carrier pigeons. Also I think you should be entitled to the prize should you win, why not?, I will certainly take the prize should I win. Now what should I pick?. Pity we can not have a booby prize to the last placed in the predictions, now what could we have, a dvd of the history of the Arsenal?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 06:44

I'll come last then, just so i can BURN it !!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 14 2011, 08:15

Boltjean wrote:Baz, I am sorry mate but what is this private message, please explain as I still keep carrier pigeons. Also I think you should be entitled to the prize should you win, why not?, I will certainly take the prize should I win. Now what should I pick?. Pity we can not have a booby prize to the last placed in the predictions, now what could we have, a dvd of the history of the Arsenal?

Len, if you look to the right of the posters name you will see an arrow. If you click on the arrow you will get a drop down menu. One of the options willl be Private Message. Click on that and you will be taken to the private message room. You will see the name of the poster above. Enter a subject into the subject box. And write a message. When people write you a PM it will show in your emails. Here is an excercise for you. Write me a PM and I'll send one back so you can see how it works.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:59