The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Would this work EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Would this work EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Would this work EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Would this work EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Would this work EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Would this work EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Would this work EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Would this work EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Would this work EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Would this work Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Would this work

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Would this work Empty Would this work

Post by Boltjean Fri Jul 15 2011, 05:10

With all this talk about Modric, which is now doing my head in, it's worse than the Berbastrop saga, wanting to go to Chelsea, why is it when United kept on about wanting to sign Berbatov, Levy said he would report them to the League if they kept on trying to unsettle the player. I think in the end after Levy backed down and sold Berbatov to United, they paid the fee pluss they donated so many thousand to a charity of Levy's choice, they must have been worried that Levy would carry out his threat, is'nt it about time Levy made it known to Chelsea that he will take the same action against them after all this player has signed a six year contract and the League must see that this is against the rules when a club try's to get a player to break that contract. Just a thought, perhaps a stuppid one, why cant the Chairman of all the premiership clubs other than United, City, and Chelsea call a meeting where they threaten to boycott these three clubs in any further transfer deal's, either buying from them or selling to them. Also these Chairman should make it clear to all future players by putting in their contract when they sign for the club that under no cicumstances will they be allowed to sign for these three clubs I have mentioned on putting in a transfer request while breaking their contract and that they will only be allowed to leave if it is to any other club other than these three. This would starve these club's of top players and perhaps in time they would come down to our level making the premiership more competitive and at the same time hit them where it hurts in their pocket.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Would this work Empty Re: Would this work

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 15 2011, 05:40

I just think we need clarity here , Len ...

Spurs really need to up their game and do as you state, failing that, start behaving like a proper selling club ...

As with all sellers of any product , stick a price tag on it, it's that simple!

Modders - £60m OIRO

Bale - £60m OIRO

Only to be sold abroad...

etc ...

Save all this fannying around ....£22m, 27m
    Sleep

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 17:26