The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
GOOD NEWS EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
GOOD NEWS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
GOOD NEWS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
GOOD NEWS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
GOOD NEWS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
GOOD NEWS EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
GOOD NEWS EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
GOOD NEWS EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
GOOD NEWS EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

GOOD NEWS Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
seebee1944
6 posters

GOOD NEWS

GOOD NEWS Empty GOOD NEWS

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22 2011, 21:52

Becks rules out any chance of Spurs return

David Beckham has effectively ruled out any future return to the Premier League - asserting he would only be prepared to come back if it was with former club Manchester United.

The LA Galaxy midfielder spent much of the MLS off-season training with Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the year, although the 36-year-old never made a competitive appearance for Harry Redknapp's side as the two clubs failed to reach an agreement over the former England captain.

Redknapp was impressed with Beckham's work ethic and expressed an interest in trying to sign him in future, but the Englishman has now ruled out that option - hinting that his own reservations played a part in the fact no deal was done.

Beckham would only return to the Premier League with former club Manchester United and, as he believes that eventuality is unlikely, instead will now focus on the remainder of his career in Los Angeles.

"I have always said I have played for the biggest club in England [United] and I wouldn't like to play against them," Beckham said. "I am 36 and still feel good and fresh but I can't see it happening.

"The Tottenham thing didn't happen for a reason. I only want to be known as a Manchester United player and that's the way it will stay."

http://www.espn.co.uk

DIDNT WANT THE TOSSER ANYWAY !!!!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

GOOD NEWS Empty Re: GOOD NEWS

Post by seebee1944 Fri Jul 22 2011, 21:56

Pretentious pratt.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jul 22 2011, 23:34

I dunno SeeBee I always daydreamed that if I ever played for Spurs I'd never play for another English team as I'd never want to face them.

Beckham left us as a boy to play for the team he supported as a boy and now has the opportunity to do something that I could only ever dream about.

I think you really have to respect this in the same way that you respect Shearers decision to see out his career with Newcastle.

Fair play to Becks in my book.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 01:56

well he didnt say any of this in january. hes prob got even more money to stay in the usa.

he wont come back to the prem because he cant hack it anymore
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jul 23 2011, 03:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:well he didnt say any of this in january. hes prob got even more money to stay in the usa.

he wont come back to the prem because he cant hack it anymore

He didn't say anything in Jan other than thank you to Spurs for letting him train with us. Everything else was invented by fan fertile imaginations. Either those fretting about whether he'd play for us or those speculating on him coaching for us.

Harry talked about getting him in. That was it.

As for he 'can't hack it.' Maybe not at the very top, but he's still got more in his locker than many of the journeymen out there earning a decent wage in the Prem.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 03:34

harry tried to sign him. becks said then he wanted to come to us. now hes saying he will only play for man u.

he could of come back to the prem a few years back but he went for even more money to the usa.

the guy is a media circus whos chosen to chase even more money then trophys
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jul 23 2011, 04:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:harry tried to sign him. becks said then he wanted to come to us. now hes saying he will only play for man u.

he could of come back to the prem a few years back but he went for even more money to the usa.

the guy is a media circus whos chosen to chase even more money then trophys

Put the quotes up Lought.

If Beckham made the statement they'll be there in easy reach.

Or is this just another case of you swallowing anything the papers print as Gospel?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 04:44

why does he come out and say now that he dont want to join us when we havent shown any intreast in him

yet in jan when harry was trying everything to get him in did he not say dont worry harry i dont want to come.

beckham has always been overated. he cant use hes left foot. he cant run all he can do is pass and take free kicks
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Jul 23 2011, 07:27

Lought, Beckham has so much more to his game then just passing and free kicks. He was and still is a very intelligent footballer who reads the game very very well and gives 110% every game, ok getting on in years but like ion said has more in his locker then most younger players picking up astronomical wagers in the prem today. Again Ion well said mate!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 08:18

yea i was a bit harsh on him as he is a great passer and good at free kick and has vision its a shame lennon dont have any of that in him

but he was at hes peak and went to real madrid with owen and then thats when real madird turned reallyrubbish

then he went for the money to the usa
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jul 23 2011, 08:47

Lought sometimes I wonder if you actually like anybody.

He went to the States long before he trained with us and what he says about only wanting to be known as only a Man utd player I think is good on him. I wish we had a few more loyal players like him at our club.

He was a great player for England and gave his all for his country every time he played.

Sure he's made a lot of money but so have many others and most of them haven't given as much for their club or their country as he has.

What Harry saw in him was his attitude to training and how it rubbed off on some of our players especially the younger ones.

Personally I would loved to have had him at our club if not playing but coaching.

Don't be so bitter all the time Lought, unless it's at the Gooners.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 08:54

i know he went to the states long before he trainnd with us.

what exactley has beckham achieved since he left man u.
    hes been poor for england. . he got sent of which cost us in a huge game
    he could of come back to the prem but went for the easy ride in usa.

even they aint botherd if he leaves them because hes game ratio is poor.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 23 2011, 11:37

Green stick for you Mikey.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23 2011, 12:03

BECKS=$$$$$$$$$$mercenary ...C'est la vie

Mange Tout Rodney!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jul 24 2011, 09:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:i know he went to the states long before he trainnd with us.

what exactley has beckham achieved since he left man u.
    hes been poor for england. . he got sent of which cost us in a huge game
    he could of come back to the prem but went for the easy ride in usa.

even they aint botherd if he leaves them because hes game ratio is poor.

He went to the States Lought because the man with the umbrella said he had no future in the England team anymore, then weeks later changed his mind by that time Beckham had signed for L A Galaxy.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24 2011, 09:22

whats that got to do with anything. so the england manager says thats it your out of my plans so becks gives up and goes to a micky mouse league for loads of money instead of going to a prem team and figntin hes way back into england sqaud
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jul 24 2011, 10:16

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]yea i was a bit harsh on him as he is a great passer and good at free kick and has vision its a shame lennon dont have any of that in him

bloody hell leave lennon out of the slating lought. hes one of our best players, constantly terrorises defences with his pace and trickery,hes got plenty of vision imo its not his fault if our strike force cant read whats happening, and as for free kicks what chance has he got with vdv on form taking them or bale or thud wanting to take them. confused

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25 2011, 05:54

when lennon losses hes pace he will have nuffing. darren anderton was 10 times the player lennon was

anderton could shoot. hes crossing is great. he can play in the middle. plus he always played well for england
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 25 2011, 06:21

when lennon losses hes pace he will have nuffing. darren anderton was 10 times the player lennon was

He was Lought. When he wasn't writing his latest sick note. .

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25 2011, 06:58

Loughtonlegend wrote:when lennon losses hes pace he will have nuffing. darren anderton was 10 times the player lennon was

anderton could shoot. hes crossing is great. he can play in the middle. plus he always played well for england

lmao And Sicknote spent 10 times longer on the treatment table . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jul 25 2011, 09:14

rather have lennon , anderton couldnt hack it. you watch the tackles/ fouls lennon has to put up with , just gets up and gets on with it most of the time. thats the type of player i want in the team.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jul 25 2011, 16:59

Yeah iv noticed that about Lennon, no matter how many tackles or fouls on him he just dusts himself down and gets on with it unlike other certain players i wouldnt like too mention who would do a couple of dives and a few forward rolls that young Tom Daley would be proud of! Not our Aaron tho he just carries on if nothings without any fuss!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 05:06