The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
cstmrsking
BazSpur
6 posters

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy Empty Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 10:12

Multiple media outlets are reporting that Tottenham forward Robbie Keane is heading to Los Angeles to sign a two-year, $9 million deal with the Galaxy.

The Galaxy declined to comment on the potential move.

While the deal appears difficult logistically, with the club already having three designated players in Landon Donovan, David Beckham and Juan Pablo Angel, the Galaxy told Goal.com that they have "contacted or been contacted by a host of players" during this summer's transfer window.

Out of the Galaxy's three top earning players, Angel is likely the most expendable player on the team. However, at 35 years old, there aren’t going to be many interested parties in the Colombian who has only scored three goals in 14 appearances for Los Angeles.

Two teams that are rumored to be interested in Angel are the Seattle Sounders and Philadelphia Union but it is unlikely that Angel would be willing to play most of his matches on a turf field and the Union are looking for a younger option at forward.

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy Empty Re: Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 10:18

Robbie Keane leaves Tottenham for LA Galaxy
    17 minutes ago
    Notoriously unsettled Ireland captain Robbie Keane is packing his bags and heading off to La-la Land for some fashion shopping with Becks (and a bit of football).

ESPN FOX Soccer are reporting that Robbie Keane has signed a two-year deal to join Major League Soccer's LA Galaxy.

The deal is said to be worth £5 million.

Although part of Harry Redknapp's Tottenham squad (his second stint at the north London club) he's spent much of his recent playing career on loan to Celtic and West Ham after failing to secure a regular place in the Spurs first team.

Keane's move will mean a forced shake up in the LA Galaxy squad.

MLS has a salary cap with three players per team allowed to be paid amounts which would normally cause the combined team salaries to bust through the maximum limit.

LA Galaxy's three well-paid 'Designated Players' are currently David Beckham, Landon Donovan and Juan Pablo Angel.

One of the trio will now have to step aside to make room for the new Irish arrival.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy Empty Bye Robbie Thanks For The The Memories..

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 15 2011, 09:45

All we Want Is A Team Of Robbie Keane's.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy Empty Re: Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy

Post by cstmrsking Mon Aug 15 2011, 11:22

Here Here. Good Luck and Thank You.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 11:43

this time dont come back lol

robbie keane has just left spurs to join hes boyhood team la galaxy lol

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:27

ROBBIE KEANE'S LA GALAXY MOVE IN QUESTION DESPITE TOTTENHAM ACCEPTING BID

ROBBIE Keane's move to LA Galaxy hung in the balance today after Tottenham accepted a £3.5million bid for the striker but rules in America have prevented the move.
    Tottenham striker Robbie Keane is understood to be interested in a move to the United States despite interest from both Blackburn and Leicester, but the agreed deal has been complicated by David Beckham's club rules.

The rules state that any American team must have only three high-earning squad members, known as "designated players".

The Galaxy already have David Beckham, Landon Donovan and Juan Pablo Angel registered as their "designated players" and must lose one of them to allow Keane to join.

Angel, the former Aston Villa striker, is the most likely player to leave the Galaxy, with Philadelphia Union reportedly interested in signing him.

Another problem that may hinder the deal is that the MLS transfer deadline passed at midnight EST (5AM UK time).

The Galaxy are yet to make any official announcement on whether the transfer has gone through, but their president Tom Payne said any signings would not be formally announced until this evening UK time.

Keane is surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane after dropping down the pecking order over the past two seasons, and has recently stated his desire to leave.

The Republic of Ireland striker, who has had two spells at White Hart Lane, played 13 times for Tottenham last year before being shipped out on loan to West Ham, where he failed to impress.

The 31-year-old made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell between 2002 and 2008, during which time he scored 107 goals.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:59

Glad to see the back of him to be honest, i said my good byes when he went to liverpool , thanks feck hes going cant wait to get rid now
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Tue Aug 16 2011, 04:24

He has just signed for them...he has gone..Now maybe we can get a new striker in. With his wages and Woodgates wages we have freed up a bit of money
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Aug 16 2011, 04:41

that must mean that at least one striker is on his way, we hope !

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 04:47

Keane Quote.....

“I am delighted, honored and very excited to be joining the LA Galaxy,” Keane said. “I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it’s the perfect combination for me and a dream come true. My family and I have already been made to feel very welcome in telephone calls from Tim Leiweke and Bruce Arena. Also when David Beckham came and trained at Spurs recently he couldn't speak highly enough about the Galaxy, their fans and the league in general, so I can’t wait to get over and get started.”

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 05:06

Good luck to the guy . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 18:30

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has joined Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for an undisclosed fee.

Keane, 31, who had also been linked with Leicester City, said he was "honoured, delighted and very excited" to be joining the American side.

Details of the transfer fee and length of contract have not been announced, but it is reported to be a £3.5m deal.

"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true," he said.

Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell at the club between 2002 and 2008, scoring 107 goals.

He moved to Liverpool in July 2008 but spent only six months at Anfield before returning to White Hart Lane.

However he failed to hold down a regular first-team place, amid competition from Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Rafael van der Vaart and Peter Crouch.

Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena said: "Robbie Keane will be a great addition to our club.

"I have followed his career and have always respected his ability as a competitor and a goalscorer."

A statement on the Spurs website said: "The club can announce that it has reached agreement with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for the permanent transfer of Robbie Keane.

"We wish him all the best for the future."

The striker has scored 51 goals in 108 games for Ireland and 123 in 306 games in all competitions during his two spells at Spurs.

He started out at Wolverhampton Wanderers before joining Coventry City in 1999 for a then British record fee for a teenager.

Twelve goals in 34 games earned a shock move to Inter Milan where he spent 18 months before joining Leeds United.

KEANE'S BOYHOOD CLUBS (Oi supported dem all and had pictures of dem on me bedroom wall ! ! !)
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Coventry City
    Inter Milan
    Leeds United
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Liverpool
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Celtic (loan)
    West Ham United (loan)
    LA Galaxy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Report: Robbie Keane set to join the Los Angeles Galaxy Empty Robbie Keanes new boy hood club.

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 16 2011, 20:10

Robbie Keane signs for boyhood heroes LA Galaxy

Posted by Rob Parker on August 16, 2011 in: MLS, Oddballs, Tottenham, Transfer Talk|1 Comment

Dreams can come trueRobbie Keane, a footballer who has had more dreams come true than
    Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, has completed a move to LA
    Galaxy, claiming – you guessed it – that the transfer was a dream come
    true.

After finalising his move from Tottenham to link-up with David Beckham, Keane said:

<blockquote>“I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it’s the perfect combination for me and a dream come true.”
    </blockquote>

Well, the MLS was founded in 1993, Robbie, so you must have been at least 13 before you decided you wanted to move there.

Of course, Keane is a bit of a dreamer. In fact, a lot of his transfers seem to have their roots in his slumber.

Upon completing his ill-fated transfer to Liverpool in 2008, he said:

<blockquote>“I’ve been a massive Liverpool fan since I was a kid. This is a dream come true.”
    </blockquote>
    When he moved to Celtic, it was up to Spurs boss Harry Redknapp to explain why Keane had jumped at the deal:

<blockquote>“To go there is a dream come true for him. This
    opportunity is something he wants to take. And we don’t want to stand in
    his way.
    </blockquote>
    Keane himself added:

<blockquote>“I’ve always been a Celtic fan. I always wanted to play
    for Celtic. I’m happy to be here and I can’t wait to get the jersey on
    for real.”
    </blockquote>
    We’re already looking forward to his retirement statement.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16 2011, 20:21

More then a touch of Edward Sheringham about Keaneo eh ? Good luck to him tho'. Before the Scouse move a firm favourite and still a willing servent on his return . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 17 2011, 10:16

You gotta love his Irish charm, he just says what the Media & MSL fans wanna hear, clever if you ask me lol

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 18:18

Baz's Robbie Keane thread merged into this one. Thanx guys . . . . . flowers
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 22 2011, 06:12

Robbie Keane class goal on his debut forthe Galaxy ....

Im missing him already
    Sad Smile

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 07:48

that is awfull defending. hope hansen never sees that lol

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 08:48

Sweet. He has scored a goal for the team he has supported since a Boi . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:14

im confused vis. wich team is this.

leeds celtic liverpool spurs west ham or lag

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:17

Oh Lought it's obvious lol. It's LA Galaxy. 'Oi had posters of dem everywhere'. . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:26

lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:38