The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What is it EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What is it EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What is it EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What is it EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What is it EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What is it EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What is it EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What is it EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What is it EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What is it Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

What is it

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

What is it Empty What is it

Post by Boltjean Tue Sep 06 2011, 05:54

What is it with our players. Two games into the season and Sandro has said he want's to play in Italy. Have we not had enough what with Modric wanting to join Chelsea?. Another story that wound me up was when Ekotto came out and said the players were behind Modric in his fight to join Chelsea. We have had Harry putting himself forward for the England job. I think it's about time Levy told the players and manager to keep their mouths shut and get on with the job they are paid to do by this club. How can they do their job properly if all they are thinking about is where they would rather be. One bit of good news imo is Krancjar saying he would love to stay at Spurs and he want's Harry to give him the chance to prove himself.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

What is it Empty Re: What is it

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 06 2011, 06:37

Boltjean wrote:What is it with our players. Two games into the season and Sandro has said he want's to play in Italy. Have we not had enough what with Modric wanting to join Chelsea?. Another story that wound me up was when Ekotto came out and said the players were behind Modric in his fight to join Chelsea. We have had Harry putting himself forward for the England job. I think it's about time Levy told the players and manager to keep their mouths shut and get on with the job they are paid to do by this club. How can they do their job properly if all they are thinking about is where they would rather be. One bit of good news imo is Krancjar saying he would love to stay at Spurs and he want's Harry to give him the chance to prove himself.

I think you read that wrong len

Tottenham’s Sandro says he’d like to play in Italy at some stage in the future, but he’s denied contact with Roma over the summer.

The Brazilian was paired with the Giallorossi revolution in the capital, even if he’s insisted no official bid was made.

“Roma were not the only side interested in me, there were others too,” the 22-year-old told Radio Mana Sport 24.

“The problem was that no offer arrived.

“Nevertheless, I’m happy that a big club like Roma were keen, especially as they play in an important championship.

“I’d certainly like to play in Italy at some point in the future. It would be another forward step in my career.”

Spurs signed Sandro, a defensive midfielder, in 2010 from Internacional.

“I’m convinced that we’ll have a good season at Tottenham,” the player continued. “It’s a great club, with great players.

“I believe that we can finish in the top three or four this term.”

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 06:37

its called respect and none of them have it for harry.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 07:54

It's called keeping ya gob shut with the Meeja, but with Redknapp they have the perfect teacher . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:04

VisionarySound wrote:It's called keeping ya gob shut with the Meeja, but with Redknapp they have the perfect teacher . . . . .

Yep, you got it bang on Vis mate.... Sandro has only been here 5 minutes and I dont even recall Berbatov coming out with stuff like that until the latter months of his time with us .. If it's true that Sandro said this , then it's all wrong and I hope Harry slaps him down on it but he wont as he shares that mindset himself ...jokers
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:27

I read that story last night and I do think it could have been taken out of context.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 06 2011, 23:02

BazSpur wrote:I read that story last night and I do think it could have been taken out of context.

You could well be right Baz .... In todays game the players unlike in yesteryear, are forever being asked to speak into some journo's microphone but the club can have guidlines set out to the players too on this , like not to speak about other clubs unless its reffering to a game .

Also , try doing a google search on this Radio Man Sport 24 , the originator of the said comments ....It's not easy to find but eventualy I did .... From what I could gather, its some piddly russian job that's probably just made up especialy for things like this ... This dont stop the likes of Talksport and others relaying the Sandro qoutes.... I wouldnt be suprised if the hidden hand of the Chavvy Roman is behind this and I expect a Chavski bid for Sandro anytime soon lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 07 2011, 00:55

Doh,,, its an italian radio station... It's called Radio Mana Mana ... It's just basically massaging the ego of Serie A.. Roma got money now too ?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Sep 07 2011, 22:03

ArnieArdiles wrote:Doh,,, its an italian radio station... It's called Radio Mana Mana ... It's just basically massaging the ego of Serie A.. Roma got money now too ?

Radio Bread, Bread?

Just full of imagination the Oitarlyuns hey?
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Sep 09 2011, 05:13

Well, I said Sandro should keep his mouth shut when he said he would be interested in moving to Italy to play for Roma. Now it looks as though I was to quick when I hit the keyboard, he has now signed a new five year contract, he must have read my post. He suffered a knee injury in the Summer that has kept him out of action so far this season, and it looks as though he may be out of action another month. He faces a tough battle to earn his place in the first team when he returns due to the fact we now have Scott Parker who operates in the same manner to Sandro, and also Tom Huddlestone is nearing fitness. So, what do you think will happen?, I can not see him signing a new contract unless he has been informed he will be straight back in the first team when fit, so, do you think he will be able to play in the same team as Parker and Hudd or will someone be dropped to make way for him?. I have only seen him a couple of times so would you that have seen him play often say he is a better player than Hudd, if he is could this mean that we could see Hudd moving on in January?.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 09 2011, 05:29

Maybe Arry will play two holding players when we play away, especially in Europe.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Sep 09 2011, 08:22

Now I may be wrong in this, but I think the formation will be primarily 4-2-3-1 with Sandro and Parker holding. It appears that this is a system being adopted throughout the club as the Spurs XI and Youth setups are employing it, according to a few fans who have been to the games.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 10:03

why does he face a tough taske to get back into the team

if he was fit now he should walk back into the team
    we played 2 lost 2 and if we dont win aganst wolves wich wont be easy then our game agans liverpool will be a must win

nobdy in the team is undropable right now

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 18:26

Sandro has signed new 5 year contract. Is this another Modric in the making ? Ho hum . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 18:31

ionman34 wrote:Now I may be wrong in this, but I think the formation will be primarily 4-2-3-1 with Sandro and Parker holding. It appears that this is a system being adopted throughout the club as the Spurs XI and Youth setups are employing it, according to a few fans who have been to the games.

I dont think you are wrong at all ion ! i cant see any other reason for signing parker unless its to cover for sandro being injured, but when you think about it harry tried to sign parker last term when sandro was fit, so you have to conclude its to stiffen up the midfield and help protect the defense.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 18:45

Sandro signs new deal with Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Sandro has signed a new five-year contract at White Hart Lane.

The Brazil international was being linked with a move to Italian side Roma, but will now stay with Spurs until the summer of 2016.

He joined Spurs from Brazilian side Internacional in the summer of 2010 and played 26 games last season.

However, the 22-year-old has missed the start of this term because of a knee injury sustained at the Copa America.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 10 2011, 08:46

lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:Now I may be wrong in this, but I think the formation will be primarily 4-2-3-1 with Sandro and Parker holding. It appears that this is a system being adopted throughout the club as the Spurs XI and Youth setups are employing it, according to a few fans who have been to the games.

I dont think you are wrong at all ion ! i cant see any other reason for signing parker unless its to cover for sandro being injured, but when you think about it harry tried to sign parker last term when sandro was fit, so you have to conclude its to stiffen up the midfield and help protect the defense.

I don't think he's here as cover Lew, he's here to play alongside Sandro IMO.

A solid 2 in front of the back 4 with an interchangeable midfield 3. Possibly he would use the likes of Bale and Lennon at home where we use the full width of the pitch with wingers. Away they could use Kranky VDV and Modders to keep it tight & narrow with the fullbacks bombing forward to provide the width.

Compact and rigid with few holes away and a solid base with attacking flair at Home. It just remains for us to put away the chances created and I can see us racking the points up.

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting though so we'll have to see whether Aitch plays those formations, Sandro & Parker gel and Adabadhairday puts the chances away.

Got a good feeling though.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:28

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

I don't think he's here as cover Lew, he's here to play alongside Sandro IMO.

A solid 2 in front of the back 4 with an interchangeable midfield 3. Possibly he would use the likes of Bale and Lennon at home where we use the full width of the pitch with wingers. Away they could use Kranky VDV and Modders to keep it tight & narrow with the fullbacks bombing forward to provide the width.

Compact and rigid with few holes away and a solid base with attacking flair at Home. It just remains for us to put away the chances created and I can see us racking the points up.

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting though so we'll have to see whether Aitch plays those formations, Sandro & Parker gel and Adabadhairday puts the chances away.

Got a good feeling though.

I was hoping the two would get to play together to add bite and competiteness for the ball in midfield, so we were thinking along the same lines here ion and i hope you are right.
    I just cant see a place for thudd though if HR plays a team with two holding midfielders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:25