The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Are we good enough for third ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Are we good enough for third ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Are we good enough for third ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Are we good enough for third ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Are we good enough for third ?

Are we good enough for third ? Empty Are we good enough for third ?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 19:18

Going to stick my kneck out here and have it chopped off no doubt, but after looking at the spurs squad and see the quality there, i reckon third place in the prem could be on ? have to say this with some reserve because i believe it all depends on key players staying clear of injuries.....thats the problem, lose ade or parker for example and we are back to square one, they have made a difference, plus king needs to keep playing if only in the league games.

I think harry has to get in another striker if possible in the jan transfer window, having said that defoe is looking better now, but is that because ade is giving him more space.?

I cant see arsenal or liverpool being good enough for third spot, you cant sell players like wenger has and stay up there without replacing them and as i see it the best player liverpool have signed is suarez !the rest are pretty well average.

As i said its all to do with the players staying clear of injury and we can get third place.........chop. Get dustbin
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Are we good enough for third ? Empty Re: Are we good enough for third ?

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 07 2011, 21:25

I don't think its down to key players getting injured at all, if my memory serves me well we were in the driving seat for 3rd last season , at one stage we were 5 points clear of chelsea in 4th without the likes of ade & Parker in the team.

We was to inconsistent and losing to teams we should have been beating and dropping points all over the shop especially to bottom half teams and the majority of our goals came from our midfield the strikers had a shocking season, so the answer to your thread is YES without a shadow of a doubt .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 23:52

LOBO wrote:I don't think its down to key players getting injured at all, if my memory serves me well we were in the driving seat for 3rd last season , at one stage we were 5 points clear of chelsea in 4th without the likes of ade & Parker in the team.

We was to inconsistent and losing to teams we should have been beating and dropping points all over the shop especially to bottom half teams and the majority of our goals came from our midfield the strikers had a shocking season, so the answer to your thread is YES without a shadow of a doubt .

Thing is there lob, is that we didnt get 3rd or 4th because if i remember we lost modric to injury, plus defoe had a bad injury, and bale started to get whacked, king played how many games ? thats just the injuries that i can remember, and quite rightly as you say the goals came from midfield which is ok if your strikers are banging in some as well.
    You have to remember also that we went nearly all the way in the cl, and i think that affected prem form to some degree, this term the europe campaign is being played out by fringe players.
    I think this proves that if we can stay relatively injury free then we are one of the top 3 teams in the prem, this present spurs side is the best i have seen.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 08 2011, 01:21

I believe we can but 4th will do for me. I think even though Liverpool have bought we are still a better team than them. They will say they didn't play against us but I think we showed up their frailties TBH. I really don't rate them at all.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Oct 08 2011, 01:53

Mr Plums. wrote:
    LOBO wrote:I don't think its down to key players getting injured at all, if my memory serves me well we were in the driving seat for 3rd last season , at one stage we were 5 points clear of chelsea in 4th without the likes of ade & Parker in the team.

Thing is there lob, is that we didnt get 3rd or 4th because if i remember we lost modric to injury, plus defoe had a bad injury, and bale started to get whacked, king played how many games ? thats just the injuries that i can remember, and quite rightly as you say the goals came from midfield which is ok if your strikers are banging in some as well.
    You have to remember also that we went nearly all the way in the cl, and i think that affected prem form to some degree, this term the europe campaign is being played out by fringe players.
    I think this proves that if we can stay relatively injury free then we are one of the top 3 teams in the prem, this present spurs side is the best i have seen.

The CL did play a big part arry really went for it and it seemed to me that we couldn't handle the pressure of playing CL & Prem football it really took its toll , but this season we have the numbers and the class in depth and a much better team than last season imo our main rival i believe is Liverpool & chelsea i still can't discount even a*se-nal because so many times in the past i have written them off only to proven wrong , and if we can go to Newcastle and get a result preferably a win but a draw would be good will prove to me we have truly turned the corner because we have an awful record away to them and they will know it to, this is why its important we beat them , and lets be honest we have been playing well but at times weve had poor spells during the last few games and still went on to win , and when this team really clicks i think we are going to be a real force and difficult to beat and can see us getting better and better

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 02:25

didnt we do ok after a champions league game

why do people go on about injurys defoes wernt that bad and other teams have big players who was out for longer

crouch and defoe had had season but now defoe got ade whos a better player then crouch so hopefully will help defoe inprove

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 03:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:didnt we do ok after a champions league game

why do people go on about injurys defoes wernt that bad and other teams have big players who was out for longer

crouch and defoe had had season but now defoe got ade whos a better player then crouch so hopefully will help defoe inprove

Defoe was out for ages lought ! so was bale, modric took a few weeks off through injury too.
    Now if you lost players like that who are integral to the team permanently through being transferred it would rip the heart out the present spurs team.
    I cant believe the skill ade has by the way, what a change from crouch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:53