The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
David Pleat EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
David Pleat EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
David Pleat EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
David Pleat EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
David Pleat EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
David Pleat EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
David Pleat EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
David Pleat EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
David Pleat EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

David Pleat Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

David Pleat

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

David Pleat Empty David Pleat

Post by LOBO Sun Oct 09 2011, 04:22

I see he has been offered a job as a scout for us, any thoughts ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

David Pleat Empty Re: David Pleat

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 09 2011, 07:13

I think he has a good eye for players. He has all the experience of management so he should be able to spot talent. Good move I reckon. I wish him luck.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09 2011, 07:54

Hmmmmmmmmmm is he being lined up for caretaker manager again ? Does Daniel know something lmao ? Mr Pleat purveyor of the nights finest ladies. When he is doing his punditry he comes across as a man with a real passion for the game and an individual with a vast knowledge of football & a keen eye for it's finer points . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09 2011, 17:56

Anthony Gardner was one of his finds, lol! wasnt he from port vale ? pleat tends to scout around the lower divisions and thats ok as long as this is not levy cutting the purse strings.
    If the story is true of course ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 10 2011, 08:42

BazSpur wrote:I think he has a good eye for players. He has all the experience of management so he should be able to spot talent. Good move I reckon. I wish him luck.

I think the same to Baz, i like his opinion, when he commentates on matches i like to hear his evaluation of players & managers , he is a Tottenham man like him or hate him , and we should as a club always look after our own Smile

VisionarySound wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm is he being lined up for caretaker manager again ? Does Daniel know something lmao ? Mr Pleat purveyor of the nights finest ladies. When he is doing his punditry he comes across as a man with a real passion for the game and an individual with a vast knowledge of football & a keen eye for it's finer points . . . . . . .

I hope arry stays to be honest with you i like the new look spurs and hey way arry is handling the team selections, i like pleat but i cant see him taking over as temp manager, i seriously think he is filling the void commoli left behind..spotting talent before other clubs do its a spurs tradition :P

Mr Plums. wrote:Anthony Gardner was one of his finds, lol! wasnt he from port vale ? pleat tends to scout around the lower divisions and thats ok as long as this is not levy cutting the purse strings.

Lew you always see the worse in people lol

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10 2011, 08:48

i dont mind mr pleat. always done a decent job when hes fillied in as caretaker boss

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14 2011, 23:23

Mr Plums. wrote:Anthony Gardner was one of his finds, lol! wasnt he from port vale ? pleat tends to scout around the lower divisions and thats ok as long as this is not levy cutting the purse strings.

Lew you always see the worse in people lol

[/quote]

Not really lob ! i like the bloke and feel that he knows he didnt fill the potential he had while (main man) manager of spurs all those years ago.
    He had put a great team together and those fa cup games against the goons were classics.
    I also like the fact that he did look to the lower divisions, many a top player came from the lower reaches of the football league to make a name for themselves, and gardner wasnt a bad cb, he just got injuries too often.
    I feel comolli was in a different class to pleat when talent spotting, but he was given too much power at whl, i mean what is a director of football ? lol! afterall its a scouting job when you look at it, but the manager should always have the final say, because he takes the blame for results.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 18:53